• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, douge said:

Even Peter in 2 Peter 3:15-16 said what Paul preached was scripture.

Jesus gave Paul the gospel he preaches.

I am not the one making the claim that Paul is preaching a different gospel.  Peter warned us that people would misuse Paul's letters to justify their lawless lifestyle.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/3/2020 at 4:36 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I am not the one making the claim that Paul is preaching a different gospel.  Peter warned us that people would misuse Paul's letters to justify their lawless lifestyle.  

Paul did not teach lawlessness or that grace teaches us we are free to sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, douge said:

Paul did not teach lawlessness or that grace teaches us we are free to sin.

I did not say he did but of all the authors in the bible Paul's writing are used 99% of the time to justify wicked behavior.  So Peter's warning is correct that ignorant and unlearned people would misuse Paul writings to justify lawless/wicked behavior to their own destruction.  I agree Paul didn't teach lawlessness infact he taught we are to keep the all the commandments/which is God's Law, just like all the other apostles and Jesus/Yahshua taught.  Here is an resent topic I created about it. 

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 8/31/2020 at 7:21 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

It was to Peter that God revealed the Gentiles could be saved and It was Peter that first to preach the Gentiles about salvation.  All the Apostles were commissioned to take that Gospel to all Nations (Gentiles) not just Paul.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. - Mat 28:18-20 KJV

Agreed. What was the point you were making?

On 9/1/2020 at 2:37 PM, douge said:

The Gentiles who responded to the preaching of Peter, the gospel of the kingdom. The Gentiles before Paul. These are the Gentiles grafted into Israel.

Paul preached the heavenly kingdom.

Paul also told the converts at Rome that they too had been grafted into Israel. The Gospel of the Kingdom and the Heavenly Gospel are one and the same. Contrary to popular belief, the Bible doesn't teach that people go to Heaven. That idea comes from Geek Philosophy. Paul, like Peter taught of a kingdom  that would be here on earth. It's the same Gospel.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.1
 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? (Rom. 8:19-24 KJV)

Here Paul writes of the creation being restored and delivered to the children of God. Paul is writing to Christians. They are the ones who will inherit the earth. Paul also said,

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. (Rom. 8:16-17 KJV)

Paul said that believers are joint heirs with Christ. What then is Christ's inheritance that Christians are joint heir of?

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.1
 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.1
 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. (Ps. 2:6-12 KJV)

So Christ's inheritance is the heathen and the uttermost parts of the earth. Christ will inherit the land. Christians are joint heir with Christ in this. God made promise to Abraham that him and his Seed would inherit all the land that Abraham could see. 

14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. (Gen. 13:14-15 KJV)

The land was promised to Abraham and his seed. The same promise was made to Isaac and Jacob

10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
 11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;
 12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land. (Gen. 35:10-12 KJV)

When Issac was blessing Jacob he said to him.

Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.
 3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;1
 4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.1 (Gen. 28:2-4 KJV)

Here Moses recorded Isaac blessing Jacob and saying, God give Jacob the "blessing of Abraham" that you may "inherit" the land God promised to Abraham. This phrase, the "blessing of Abraham" is to inherit the land and it only appears twice in Scripture. Here in Genesis, and in Galatians where Paul applies it to the Gentiles.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Gal. 3:11-14 KJV)

Here Paul says that Christ's redemption was so that the "blessing of Abraham" might come on the Gentiles. Remember, the "blessing of Abraham" is to inherit that land that God promised to Abraham and his seed. Paul goes further and tells us just who that seed is.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (Gal. 3:16 KJV)

Paul leaves no doubt who the Seed is. It is Christ. So, when God promised the land to Abraham and his Seed, He meant Christ. Christ is the one who inherits the land. But Paul leaves us no doubt about Christians. He says,

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Gal. 3:26-29 KJV)]

Here Paul says that those of faith in Christ are the children of God. He then says if you are Christ's then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. Heirs of what? What promise? The promise of the land to Abraham. Believers are joint heirs with Christ of the land that was promised to Abraham and his seed.

We know that land is here on this earth because that is where Abraham was and saw it. We also know that it was expanded. In Hebrews Paul tells us that God mad Christ the heir of all things.

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; (Heb. 1:2 KJV)

This earth is the where the kingdom will be. This earth is where all believers will have eternal life. There is no going to Heaven, it's just not taught in the Scriptures. It's one Gospel for all believers.

22 minutes ago, Butch5 said:

Paul also told the converts at Rome that they too had been grafted into Israel.

Paul has to be rightly divided. He was writing about the remnant of Israel in Romans 9 through 11. The Gentiles he spoke of believed the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the twelve....the Davidic earthly kingdom promised Israel. These are the Gentiles grafted into Israel  as part of the remnant who will enter the earthly kingdom:

Romans 9 through 11 is about Israel, not the church, the body of Christ.
Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).
Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).
Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.
Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.
Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.
Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith
Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.
Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.

27 minutes ago, Butch5 said:

Paul, like Peter taught of a kingdom  that would be here on earth. It's the same Gospel.

Paul taught a heavenly kingdom for the body of Christ.

God is reconciling the earth through Israel and the heavens through the body of Christ (2 Timothy 4:18). Satan and his angels will be cast out of heaven and the body of Christ will be given authority in heavenly places. 

39 minutes ago, douge said:

Paul taught a heavenly kingdom for the body of Christ.

God is reconciling the earth through Israel and the heavens through the body of Christ (2 Timothy 4:18). Satan and his angels will be cast out of heaven and the body of Christ will be given authority in heavenly places. 

You keep talking of two kingdoms yet you've given no evidence. I just laid out for you how Paul teaches that the promises made to Abraham are conferred on the Gentiles through faith in Christ. Paul, the one claim is preaching a a different kingdom than the 12, has laid out how that in Christ all are one. There is no Jew or Gentile. You have a kingdom for some Jews and another for Gentiles. Yet Paul says there is neither Jew nor Gentiles.

46 minutes ago, douge said:

Paul has to be rightly divided. He was writing about the remnant of Israel in Romans 9 through 11. The Gentiles he spoke of believed the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the twelve....the Davidic earthly kingdom promised Israel. These are the Gentiles grafted into Israel  as part of the remnant who will enter the earthly kingdom:

Romans 9 through 11 is about Israel, not the church, the body of Christ.
Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).
Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).
Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.
Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.
Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.
Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith
Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.
Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.

And I did rightly divide Paul's words. Romans opens to the church at Rome. At 2:17 Paul turns his attention to the Jewish believers. He carries on this discourse through to 11:13 where he then turns to the Gentiles. He tells the Gentiles that they have been grafted into the promises made to the Jews. As I said, The promise was made to Abraham and his seed. Paul tells us that Seed is Christ. He then says that the inheritance of the land comes to the Gentiles through Christ and that those who are in Christ are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. That's the Land. The Gentiles, like the Jews, will see a kingdom on earth. There is nowhere in Scripture where Paul teaches that people go to Heaven, it's just not there.

17 hours ago, Butch5 said:

You keep talking of two kingdoms yet you've given no evidence. I just laid out for you how Paul teaches that the promises made to Abraham are conferred on the Gentiles through faith in Christ. Paul, the one claim is preaching a a different kingdom than the 12, has laid out how that in Christ all are one. There is no Jew or Gentile. You have a kingdom for some Jews and another for Gentiles. Yet Paul says there is neither Jew nor Gentiles.

All things will be gathered together in Christ Ephesians 1:10