IGNORED

Will one unforgiven sin send you to hell?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, Ineedhugs said:

Good. You agree that one sin sends you to hell. I agree. A lot of Christians don't 100% repent and i try to tell them but they are stubborn. Repent, by definition, is to turn from your sins and turn to God. That implies ALL sins and you may as well do that to be on the safe side. 

If you read what I wrote earlier, you will see how preposterous this really is. Christians need SUPPORT from other believer and NOT faith destroying nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

If you read what I wrote earlier, you will see how preposterous this really is. Christians need SUPPORT from other believer and NOT faith destroying nonsense.

what part of repentance don't you understand?

Jesus said if your hand causes you to sin then cut it off or you'll go to hell. That means if you sin you go to hell. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen and narrow is the path to life and few find it. Jesus said make every effort to enter heaven because many will seek to enter and not be able to. Why would Jesus give these warnings? It's because there is a really high standard to enter heaven.

Repentance means to TURN FROM YOUR SINS anyway man. 

1 hour ago, Ineedhugs said:

what part of repentance don't you understand?

And what part of forgiveness do you not understand?

You would have us all on the RCC and Reformist rack so we can 'pay' over and over again for our miss deeds.

And what about the overbearing gloating that I feel some people display when looking down on us mere mortals: Is that not also a sin?

Maybe some kinds of believers is are a very sad kind that can never work their way to heaven and never feel forgiven either.

Salvation is free for us sinners and at great cost to our Lord and Saviour. Do not add to it please.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

I believe the answer to this question is maybe.  God is a living Person and in the end He will judge each soul individually according to the counsel of His knowledge, wisdom and will.  But sin can harden the heart and sear the conscience and lead to falling away from the faith.  So why would we play Russian roulette with something so precious as our salvation and do despite to the Spirit of grace....if we know we have sinned or are still sinning in some area we need to stop it.  If we find we are stuck and unable to stop, we MUST seek the Lord for His help.  He will provide the way out and that way is to yield to His Spirit and follow it.  Sometimes we may need to undergo chastisements for a season, but whatever the case may be, the Lord is looking for those whose hearts are perfect towards Him, and that means whole-hearted sincerity in how we treat Him and the salvation that cost Jesus so dearly.  If anyone is in a sin and doesn't care, that is a soul in danger.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 8/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Ineedhugs said:

I think yes. Billy graham said in one of his sermons that one unforgiven sin and your blocked from heaven if you die, which means hell. Bill Wiese who spent 23 minutes in hell also says that. I agree with them because i think that the bible pretty much agrees with this. Alot of people think that God wouldn't be that strict because he's a God of love but repentance means 'to turn from your sins' which implies all of them right? Also, hebrews 10:26 says that if we deliberately go on sinning after we receive Christ then there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins and you can only expect judgement. Jesus said 'Many are called, but few are chosen' and 'few walk on the narrow road which leads to life'. Doesn't that mean the bar to heaven is really high?

Also, in the law moses gave the Israelites, God said that 'he who sins deliberately is to be cut off from Israel, he has broken my covenant' and even if you accidently sin, your still guilty and must make a sacrifice. 

All these things make me think you must confess and repents of ALL sins to enter heaven. Also, i think spreading the gospel and tithing are common sense too. 

Thank God for the covering of Jesus that washes our robes clean.

• Well Said! 1

16 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

And what part of forgiveness do you not understand?

You would have us all on the RCC and Reformist rack so we can 'pay' over and over again for our miss deeds.

And what about the overbearing gloating that I feel some people display when looking down on us mere mortals: Is that not also a sin?

Maybe some kinds of believers is are a very sad kind that can never work their way to heaven and never feel forgiven either.

Salvation is free for us sinners and at great cost to our Lord and Saviour. Do not add to it please.

Repentance means to turn from your sins, not most of them, but all of them. Technically.

Many christians still sin here and there but since when does repentance mean to turn from 'the majority of your sins'?. Technically repentance means to turn from a life of sin so i'm right and frankly Justin if you keep sinning then you won't be forgiven...why would God forgive you when you keep sinning and putting to shame Jesus sacrifice for you. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

3 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Repentance means to turn from your sins, not most of them, but all of them. Technically.

Tell you what. Take a break from writing here while you become sinless. When you are sinless, get back with us again and explain how you did it.

• Loved it! 1

6 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Tell you what. Take a break from writing here while you become sinless. When you are sinless, get back with us again and explain how you did it.

Jesus said narrow is the path to life and difficult is the way. Sorry, but christianity is significantly harder than doing whatever you please but you can do it. However, you are right in that we are naturally corrupt and WILL make mistakes. If you make a mistake and sin, then just say 'God, today i did this and i'm sorry, please forgive me and i'll repent of it'. Done. Then Jesus blood washes you clean. However, we must do our best to avoid sinning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 8/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Ineedhugs said:

I think yes. Billy graham said in one of his sermons that one unforgiven sin and your blocked from heaven if you die

"Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting." (Daniel 5:27) God is a God of absolute justice. He writes the book of our life at conception (Psalm 139:16)  We are given all of our gifts, talents & abilities - we need to use what we have to bring Him Praise, Honor & Glory. The angels keep an account on how well we follow God's plan for us and our life.  "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books." (Revelation 20:12)

"Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. " (Psalm 139:16)

Edited by JohnR7

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Jesus said narrow is the path to life and difficult is the way. Sorry, but christianity is significantly harder than doing whatever you please but you can do it. However, you are right in that we are naturally corrupt and WILL make mistakes. If you make a mistake and sin, then just say 'God, today i did this and i'm sorry, please forgive me and i'll repent of it'. Done. Then Jesus blood washes you clean. However, we must do our best to avoid sinning. 

Friend--what happens if you die suddenly in a wreck while having a sinful thought and you have no chance to repent?

The Gospel of Jesus christ is the Gospel of 'much more'....the redeeming work of Christ involving the death on the cross, His resurrection and ascension included all of the OT sacrifices combined and 'much more'. All of those various sacrifices combined were only a type of the 'Lamb of God' to come.

For the born again son of God, you were included in the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension. The blood once and for all cleansed you of all sin and 'much more'.

You died 'In Christ'. You rose again with Him in a New Life and you then ascended 'In Him' and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Not only are you cleansed of all sin, but you are a New Creation and that Life is Christ. When the Father looks at you, He sees only the very Righteousness of Christ Himself that has been imputed to you--as a Free Gift. Eternal Life and His very own Righteousness. This is the Gospel. The substitutionary work of Christ. He fully satisfied the Father because we have zero hope to do so. That New Life and the Holy Spirit within a believer will over time do His work of sanctification. As the Spirit prompts, nudges and sheds light into your heart and mind you will agree with Him--you say "yes Lord". That process 'sets you' apart a little at a time in actual experience. Progressively 'sets you apart' for God's purposes. "Changed into His likeness from one degree of Glory to another". This is the work of God in you.

This is the Good News--that Jesus accomplished for us, what we simply had no hope of doing. Born again--born from above--the wages of sin is death and we died 'In Him' on that cross. The debt paid in one act and much more. Much more because now we have 'Life' and we are kept by Almighty God 'In Christ'. Literally one with Him and in Him.

Here are a few things for you to read and consider in prayer before the Lord. I pray it is helpful, in His Name.