• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I'm not happy if I can't have free speech.

Peterlag, I am truly sorry that you are unhappy. What I am about to right here, is not just for you, but for the whole Worthy adudience. I doubt that what I am about to write, will make you any happier, but I hope you will consider what I am about to say seriously, consider is and ponder whethere I am right or wrong, before reply. By the way, there is of course no need to reply, that is up to you. If you do reply, similarly, I am under no obligation to comment again. Just as you are welcome here as a guess (as am I) you have the right to keep silent (as do I).

If your are unhappy about not having free speech as you say, then you must have been unhappy your entire life. If you are like me, then you had parents that told you that there were certain words, you could not say. When you are in a theater, you are expected to remain quiet. In church, you are expected to not interrupt the sermon. It is illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded place when there is no fire. There are slander and libel laws designed to prevent you from falsely telling stories about people, which would damage their reputations. I could go one and on with hundreds of ways that your speech is restricted in freedom. If I had to make a guess, I would imagine that you don't complain a lot about most of them, if you even give it a thought.

Places like class rooms, court rooms, churches, and the like place limits all the time one who gets to say things, what they may say, when they can say it, etc. That is just how life is. The thing that those places have in common, is that you are not the one who sets the rules, someone else does. Worthy is not different. This is not something you own, it is a privately owned entity, with the owner getting to set the rules for a place he created for purposes he believes are good ones.

What this means is, that you and I, are invited guests here, with no right to violate the rules that are in place. If a guess were to have come into my home, and call my wife an untrue and unflattering name, they would not remain a guess any longer. There are rules in my household, that I do not even need to spell out, sane people understand them instinctivly.

No one made you come here, no one is making you stay. You are here, I imagine because you want to be here, and you are free to change you mind about that as you think best at anytime, not that I want you to leave, but I imagine you understand my point.

If you do not like how this venue is regulated, there is a way to alleviate your distress. You may start your own forum, and it not only does not need to be expensive, you can do it for free. It is a marvelous time in that sense, I myself have started  several discussion forums, and it is easy to afford financially, but it does take a certain amount to time and effort. With your own forum, you get to set the rules that make you happy. However, I doubt that you would see the value, nor be happy with your forum, if you allowed unbridled speech.

I have some idea about what it takes to start and maintain a forum (I have owned and operated many, I am not sure how many but I am going to guess less that a dozen). So perhaps I am especially appreciative of the fact that someone has gone to the trouble, expense, research, frustrations, attacks and heartaches that come with the territory of running a successful forum. Guess what, freedom of speech is limited most everywhere, and my freedom of speech is limited here, just as yours is. If I get out of line, I also, can be sanctioned. Like you, I have been expressing my self in threads, that have had to be shut down, because of the behaviors of others. I am not happy about that, but it is something I can live with. 

I looked at the last couple of pages and did not see anybody being rude. I really believe in the KJV and stated an example or two as to why. Was that rude and was it your post?

That you did not see anything rude, does not surprise me. I directed you to the last posts in that thread, because it gave notice that the thread was going to be closed, and gave opportunity to all, to read and copy whatever the wanted while it was still visible. I also gave an alternative place where the topic of discussing Bible translations could be continued, but with enough supervision, that it would not get filled with all the vitriol that was developing among the spiritually immature here. 

When posts are are bad (usually beyond mere rudeness),  the post may be hidden or deleted. When a thread is closed, you might not ever have seen the offensive ones. We here on the ministry staff, do not read every post, nor every thread. There is no way that is remotely possible. We have a reporting system in place, so that the users of this forum, can serve as out eyes and ears to alert us to troubles. When people are behaving in ways which are becoming of Christians, the threads are in no danger, and will continue without interruption. Certain people complain and grumble about extremely minor things, some  people never report problems, and of course there are some who report things of definite concern. Some one reads the reports, and then decides on what actions are best. Sometimes the reports are looked at by several people, and a consensus is formed before an action is taken.

I have been active as a member of the ministry team here for more and 16 years. I have been involved almost every one of those days, and I have no idea of how many thousands of volunteer hours I have put it. In all of that time, I do not recall ever seeing a post or a thread removed, due to some sort of bias or ax to grind on the part of a ministry team member. On second thought, that is not true. There have been a few times where an administrator has been out of line and acted on personal grudges. It is rare, but it has happened. The results of that: Such administrators have been shown the door. Bad behavior is not allowed to stand here, and it applies to everyone, administrators and other users as well.

You may not like your speech limited, but as I pointed out, that is the case in a lot of areas of you life already. One of your freedoms, is your freedom of thought, you may think what you want. Your freedom of speech as a right, is secured by the Constitution, for citizens of the Untied States, but that freedom is not unlimited. One place it does not extend to is Worthy Christians Forums, and I am thankful for that. If freedom of speech were unlimited, then you would have all manner of chaotic, hateful, foul mouthed things going on here, and I doubt that I need to convince you of that. The freedom of speech that you miss here, is the same lack of freedom of speech, that makes this site worth visiting in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Peterlag, I am truly sorry that you are unhappy. What I am about to right here, is not just for you, but for the whole Worthy adudience. I doubt that what I am about to write, will make you any happier, but I hope you will consider what I am about to say seriously, consider is and ponder whethere I am right or wrong, before reply. By the way, there is of course no need to reply, that is up to you. If you do reply, similarly, I am under no obligation to comment again. Just as you are welcome here as a guess (as am I) you have the right to keep silent (as do I).

If your are unhappy about not having free speech as you say, then you must have been unhappy your entire life. If you are like me, then you had parents that told you that there were certain words, you could not say. When you are in a theater, you are expected to remain quiet. In church, you are expected to not interrupt the sermon. It is illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded place when there is no fire. There are slander and libel laws designed to prevent you from falsely telling stories about people, which would damage their reputations. I could go one and on with hundreds of ways that your speech is restricted in freedom. If I had to make a guess, I would imagine that you don't complain a lot about most of them, if you even give it a thought.

Places like class rooms, court rooms, churches, and the like place limits all the time one who gets to say things, what they may say, when they can say it, etc. That is just how life is. The thing that those places have in common, is that you are not the one who sets the rules, someone else does. Worthy is not different. This is not something you own, it is a privately owned entity, with the owner getting to set the rules for a place he created for purposes he believes are good ones.

What this means is, that you and I, are invited guests here, with no right to violate the rules that are in place. If a guess were to have come into my home, and call my wife an untrue and unflattering name, they would not remain a guess any longer. There are rules in my household, that I do not even need to spell out, sane people understand them instinctivly.

No one made you come here, no one is making you stay. You are here, I imagine because you want to be here, and you are free to change you mind about that as you think best at anytime, not that I want you to leave, but I imagine you understand my point.

If you do not like how this venue is regulated, there is a way to alleviate your distress. You may start your own forum, and it not only does not need to be expensive, you can do it for free. It is a marvelous time in that sense, I myself have started  several discussion forums, and it is easy to afford financially, but it does take a certain amount to time and effort. With your own forum, you get to set the rules that make you happy. However, I doubt that you would see the value, nor be happy with your forum, if you allowed unbridled speech.

I have some idea about what it takes to start and maintain a forum (I have owned and operated many, I am not sure how many but I am going to guess less that a dozen). So perhaps I am especially appreciative of the fact that someone has gone to the trouble, expense, research, frustrations, attacks and heartaches that come with the territory of running a successful forum. Guess what, freedom of speech is limited most everywhere, and my freedom of speech is limited here, just as yours is. If I get out of line, I also, can be sanctioned. Like you, I have been expressing my self in threads, that have had to be shut down, because of the behaviors of others. I am not happy about that, but it is something I can live with. 

That you did not see anything rude, does not surprise me. I directed you to the last posts in that thread, because it gave notice that the thread was going to be closed, and gave opportunity to all, to read and copy whatever the wanted while it was still visible. I also gave an alternative place where the topic of discussing Bible translations could be continued, but with enough supervision, that it would not get filled with all the vitriol that was developing among the spiritually immature here. 

When posts are are bad (usually beyond mere rudeness),  the post may be hidden or deleted. When a thread is closed, you might not ever have seen the offensive ones. We here on the ministry staff, do not read every post, nor every thread. There is no way that is remotely possible. We have a reporting system in place, so that the users of this forum, can serve as out eyes and ears to alert us to troubles. When people are behaving in ways which are becoming of Christians, the threads are in no danger, and will continue without interruption. Certain people complain and grumble about extremely minor things, some  people never report problems, and of course there are some who report things of definite concern. Some one reads the reports, and then decides on what actions are best. Sometimes the reports are looked at by several people, and a consensus is formed before an action is taken.

I have been active as a member of the ministry team here for more and 16 years. I have been involved almost every one of those days, and I have no idea of how many thousands of volunteer hours I have put it. In all of that time, I do not recall ever seeing a post or a thread removed, due to some sort of bias or ax to grind on the part of a ministry team member. On second thought, that is not true. There have been a few times where an administrator has been out of line and acted on personal grudges. It is rare, but it has happened. The results of that: Such administrators have been shown the door. Bad behavior is not allowed to stand here, and it applies to everyone, administrators and other users as well.

You may not like your speech limited, but as I pointed out, that is the case in a lot of areas of you life already. One of your freedoms, is your freedom of thought, you may think what you want. Your freedom of speech as a right, is secured by the Constitution, for citizens of the Untied States, but that freedom is not unlimited. One place it does not extend to is Worthy Christians Forums, and I am thankful for that. If freedom of speech were unlimited, then you would have all manner of chaotic, hateful, foul mouthed things going on here, and I doubt that I need to convince you of that. The freedom of speech that you miss here, is the same lack of freedom of speech, that makes this site worth visiting in the first place.

I was a monitor for another site once and asked by the creators to keep the peace. However, concerning this post... I saw no reason to shut it down. So I asked why. I don't see what you see which is okay. We are all different. I see a Christian site up and running for the glory of God and not ourselves. Everything I do I do in that light.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I was a monitor for another site once and asked by the creators to keep the peace. However, concerning this post... I saw no reason to shut it down. So I asked why. I don't see what you see which is okay. We are all different. I see a Christian site up and running for the glory of God and not ourselves. Everything I do I do in that light.

I think that is awesome Peter, and I would have you do nothing else!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I do not believe it has much to do with Christians. Seems to be all Israel right down to the candle sticks it mentions.

The truth is that all Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that the People of God may be complete and thoroughly furnished for all good works. 2 Tim 3:16-17.

Genesis and Revelation are sometimes referred to as the bookends of the written Word of God.

Genesis is the book of beginnings. Revelation is the book of finishings. If we are good and faithful servants of God we take heed to all He says and pay attention to all He shows us. 

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The truth is that all Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that the People of God may be complete and thoroughly furnished for all good works. 2 Tim 3:16-17.

Genesis and Revelation are sometimes referred to as the bookends of the written Word of God.

Genesis is the book of beginnings. Revelation is the book of finishings. If we are good and faithful servants of God we take heed to all He says and pay attention to all He shows us. 

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32).

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32).

Sure there are parts of the Bible that are local and specific to times and places and circumstances etc, but that doesn't mean we are not to read them and gain spiritual insight into God's Plan for His Creation as His Word is quickened in us.

Heb 4:12-13  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  (13)  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

• Well Said! 1

55 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Sure there are parts of the Bible that are local and specific to times and places and circumstances etc, but that doesn't mean we are not to read them and gain spiritual insight into God's Plan for His Creation as His Word is quickened in us.

Heb 4:12-13  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  (13)  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

It's not for me. I focus on the Church epistles written specifically to the Christian.

21 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

It's not for me. I focus on the Church epistles written specifically to the Christian.

As you may know, regarding the Testaments, that which in the OLD is concealed, is within the NEW revealed.

From the Epistles for your focus:

Rom 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

9 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

As you may know, regarding the Testaments, that which in the OLD is concealed, is within the NEW revealed.

From the Epistles for your focus:

Rom 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Yeah I read about that stuff years ago. I moved on to what now applies to me.

5 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Yeah I read about that stuff years ago. I moved on to what now applies to me.

And Revelation doesn't, you say...?