• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Josheb said:

Perhaps you would point out where what I have posted is "the humanistic form of Christianity." 

Or... when finding nothing I posted thusly qualifies you'll acknowledge that fact and address what I actually posted and not attempt another red herring.

I Already have.

1. This thread is caused by Humanism in the church, Not just you particularly. It is prevalent in the post Modern churches of our day, It entered in in the early 1900's with the introductions of new translations using and more heavily relying on the Alexandrian Texts, But also on the assumptions of Humanism that pervaded this era.

2. Your eschatology is based on these humanistic assumptions and in fact Only Humanism can produce this "Kingdom now/ Dominionist" eschatology you espouse. 

3. Your reliance on the carnal mind and the wisdom of men over the Divine revelation. Your faith is in your own capacity to understand, Whereas true saving faith and the peace that comes from it surpasses all understanding and His love is incomprehensible by the mind of man. 

Humanism is all over the modern church, and they have put God into the box of human understanding which is limited and fallen (Carnal). Operating in this realm the church has lost touch with The Spirit, they have quenched the Spirit, and are self deceived by their Understanding of what is Truth. They mistake mental enlightenment with Spiritual insight, and in  so doing Oppose the move of the Spirit as has been seen in this OP.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. ( Romans 8:6-8)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

rotflmbo! 

1) That's simply delusional. 
2) That's completely off-topic. There's not a single word in this op about the end times or eschatology.
3) That is wholly fallacious. Seeking to dismiss my op-relevant concerns because I hold a given eschatological view is utterly fallacious. 
4) It's also Biblically, theologically, historically and logically incorrect. From the very first sentence to its last the Bible asserts God's dominion over His creation and logic tells us there can be no other sovereign beside the Sovereign Creator. There's is nothing humanistic about those facts. 

5) Making broad over-generalizations is not evidence. You were asked something quite specific. You were asked to show where I have asserted "the humanistic form of Christianity" in this discussion. Blaming statements do not provide any such evidence. 

If you cannot back up your own claims then no one has any obligation to respond to the baselessness. 

Once again: baseless accusations do not evidence holiness. It is hypocritical to preach a position and not practice it. Method must reconcile with content. 

looks like I finally touched a nerve..... LOL. 

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Perhaps, but that is not what you were asked. You were asked to point out where what I have posted in the discussion of this op is "the humanistic form of Christianity" and you are not providing any evidence for the claims you made.  

I Just gave you three, yet you cannot see those three at work in you. As i said at the outset exposing these assumptions is like trying to get an evolutionist to admit their science is not Objective, and that they begin with certain assumptions that slant their discoveries. 

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

I completely understand your disdain for the secular humanistic influence on Christianity. I share your concerns. I have posted in a manner communicating that position and that appears to be the problem with you and Peter: you don't know how to address dissent from a non-humanist fellow believer. So I get tossed in with all the other bad guys because it's easier to do that then engage what I actually posted. 

There is no disdain, What you see as an attack against you which you label as "Ad Hominem" arguments is nothing more than simple observation from my end. You shall know a tree by its fruits....

I Know eschatology is not the topic of this post, but it is one of those fruit I have observed, It is a theory based on Humanism Not Depravity by its very nature. If you have an honest bone in your body you will admit this.

God is using a "simple" argument like this to expose a weakness in your position, the question is what is your reaction? Will this cause you to entrench yourself deeper in the error? Or will you actually seek the Truth and grow in the Spirit, and learn to say with the Prophets of old "Lord thou Knowest"?  Will you remain in your own carnal understanding of the fleshly mind? Or will you be Holy Spirit Taught? The latter takes Brokenness, and an utter disdain for your own understanding to accomplish, and is based acknowledging that our carnal mind is a deceiver, and fallen, and in need of being transformed. When I see that brokenness in you is when I will Know you truly are not a Humanist Christian.

Before you respond, May I suggest you go and watch a video compilation by Leonard Ravenhill called "To the Preacher: The Idolatry of Intelligence by Leonard Ravenhill". You might learn something.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

There seems to be no way to motivate some of you to discuss the ideas, rather than to just rant against each other. I appreciate that you are reporting each others questionable behavior, but I do not appreciate the work that those behaviors cause the staff.

There are a few of you that are the problem, and continue to be a problem. I do not see that problem going away. I considered banning you from the topic, but in reality, what more can be said than has been said in 600 posts?

I am locking the thread, I might consider unlocking it at some future time, but I really do not see what can be gained from it. When people tend to be so sure of themselves that all they can see to do is argue and no one budges from their position, what is there remaining to be said? When we do this, we display our pride and arrogance.

I think it is fine to be passionate. I think it is fine to offer opposing views to a position. I think it is fine to want to help a brother and others, by offering another way to see things and supporting that with scripture. This thread started that way, but it has just degenerated to an ongoing dispute, and 60 pages was more that enough to make you point and move on. How much of this thread was not at all about talking about the faith of, or faith in, or faith about Jesus? Here is a thread where you can make one post each on that very topic, and one follow-up post. 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/259277-the-faith-of-jesus-christ-your-final-say/

• Well Said! 1