• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Josheb said:

According to Galatians 3 the gospel was preached to Abraham. It is reasonable to infer the gospel was made known to others in the NT era, especially since Acts 2 tells David was speaking of the resurrection of Christ in the OT. The metric, "The righteous shall live by faith" is taken directly from Habakkuk but it is preceded by Abraham's faith in Genesis 15. This is pre-Law. This is a righteousness not defined by the Law because there was no Law. Paul tells us sinned reigned between the time of Adam and Moses. It isn't "taken into account" apart from the law. How then can someone be sinful or how can someone be righteous (or justified)? Well, one of the measures is faith. The righteous shall live by faith. 

Keep in mind what I've said earlier: this is a human version of righteousness, a commuted version of righteousness because no one on this side of the grave apart from Jesus can be righteous like God 

Context. 

Righteousness precedes the Law so the Law is not the sole measure of righteousness. It is by faith we are made both righteous and justified, but both are commuted conditions, not inherent traits. nor traits we manifest in ourselves. 

Is it not written...

that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Again Walter Amen. 

8 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Yes indeed my friend. In Christ and only in Christ can we be forgiven of our sins past present and future. But this obviously does not give us " carte blanche " to sin. Rather we seek to glorify God in our bodies,  and unfortunately along the way we sin. It's the nature of our flesh. I hate it.

It appears we are parting in how we see the Scriptures. Is it not written...

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

12 hours ago, Josheb said:

Yep. 2 Corinthians 5:21 does in fact state God made him who knew no sin to become sin so that "we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." (Gk.: "genōmetha" = come into being; am born; become; come about; G1095).

What's the point your are trying to make? 

My point is I was responding to your post that said "no one on this side of the grave apart from Jesus can be righteous like God." Well, the Scripture says yeah we might be made the righteousness of God in him. Here's another one...

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:

6 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

"Faith " KJV/NIV comparison

Acts 26:18 (KJV): "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and [inheritance] among them which are sanctified by faith [that is in me]."

Acts 26:18 (NIV]: "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins and [a place] among those who are sanctified by faith [in me]."

Romans 3:22 (KJV): " Even [the righteousness of God] [which is by faith of Jesus Christ][ unto all and upon all them that believe]...."

Romans 3:22 (NIV): " [This righteousness] is given through faith in Jesus Christ][to all who believe]."

With these several examples of twisted scripture (NIV style), I'm not surprised when a non-elect person draws the conclusion that his/her faith is the catalyst to eternal life. Oh, and there are many more examples.

I love this stuff Walter and again I never see this because I never looked at any other bible other than the KJV. So thank you very much for showing me this.

20 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

"Faith " KJV/NIV comparison

Acts 26:18 (KJV): "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and [inheritance] among them which are sanctified by faith [that is in me]."

Acts 26:18 (NIV]: "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins and [a place] among those who are sanctified by faith [in me]."

Romans 3:22 (KJV): " Even [the righteousness of God] [which is by faith of Jesus Christ][ unto all and upon all them that believe]...."

Romans 3:22 (NIV): " [This righteousness] is given through faith in Jesus Christ][to all who believe]."

With these several examples of twisted scripture (NIV style), I'm not surprised when a non-elect person draws the conclusion that his/her faith is the catalyst to eternal life. Oh, and there are many more examples.

It would be great if you listed all the examples pertaining to the faith of Christ. I only found these...

Romans 3:22, Galatians 2:20, Acts 3:16 and Acts 26:18. Is it faith of or faith in?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

2 hours ago, Peterlag said:

It would be great if you listed all the examples pertaining to the faith of Christ. I only found these...

Romans 3:22, Galatians 2:20, Acts 3:16 and Acts 26:18. Is it faith of or faith in?

Phil. 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

If someone has already asked this, forgive me, but I am wondering, are people suggesting that the faith of Jesus Christ, means the same things Jesus believed? Are the suggesting that one need do have the faith equivalent in measure that Jesus had? Could not the phrase "faith of Jesus Christ" just mean nothing other than faith ABOUT Jesus Christ?

As a summary, without reviewing the thread, can someone succinctly state what is being discussed here, what is the issue that takes 26 pages to discuss a tiny word "of" is English, the New Testament was written in Greek. Some links below:

Gal 3:22 faith FROM Jesus Christ

Gal 2:16 faith FROM Jesus Christ

Rev 14:12 faith OF Jesus Christ

Rom 3:22 faith FROM Jesus Christ

Rom 3:26 faith OF Jesus Christ

Phil 3:9 faith FROM Christ

1 Tim 1:14 faith IN Jesus Christ

1 Tim 3:13 faith IN Christ Jesus

2 Tim 1:13 faith IN Christ Jesus

2 Tim 3:15 faith IN Christ Jesus

I see a lot of discussion about the proposition, but isn't the topic FAITH, not in, of, about, over, under, around and through?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Maybe this helps? Rev 19:11.

....His name was called Faithful and True 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

I hope to get a little time to make more of these comparisons. I definitely think it was an intentional thing with those translators. I don't believe they were men of God at all.

I'm a nervous wreck Walter since I just learned about this from you. I checked all 9 that I posted in the beginning against the NIV which turned every single "of" to "in" including Acts 3:16. And now this Acts 3:16 is the only thing keeping me from starting myself on fire and throwing myself in front of a Mack truck. Because the guy in Acts 3 did not get healed because he believed in Jesus. The power had to come from Jesus. What am I missing here?

• Thumbs Up 1