• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12

On 10/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, Alive said:

I have always found it helpful to think of 'nature' when considering His Name. The nature is in the name.

In prayer and in battle...we share His Nature and thus His Authority, when we are acting in His Nature and according to His Will in any particular circumstance.

Our authority is delegated, not based on our new nature.  Even Judas Iscariot had authority to do mighty works and his nature was utterly vile.

We do share in a nature like our Lord's, we also have the Holy Spirit indwelling, and we have been given authority over demons, etc.; but it is a correlative, not causative relationship between our new nature and authority.  God could have given us a new nature and no authority beyond what we already had.

Edited by David1701

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

9 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Have you been able to use this power and authority over devils so that they obey your command?

14 hours ago, David1701 said:

Yes, long after I'd posted it.  You also omitted the "in the character" part, which is very important.

I posted it from my website that I first penned in 1997 and was not quoting you or copying it from you.

14 hours ago, David1701 said:

Our authority is delegated, not based on our new nature.  Even Judas Iscariot had authority to do mighty works and his nature was utterly vile.

We do share in a nature like our Lord's, we also have the Holy Spirit indwelling, and we have been given authority over demons, etc.; but it is a correlative, not causative relationship between our new nature and authority.  God could have given us a new nature and no authority beyond what we already had.

Have you been able to use this authority over demons so they obey you?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,972
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Have you been able to use this power and authority over devils so that they obey your command?

You posted from Acts 3, about the healing of the paralytic man by Peter...

An event that took place after the Day of Penticost...

Then I posted from Luke 9, an event that took place before the CROSS. 

Jesus sending his disciples ahead of him to the villages to heal the sick, an event that took place before another event in Luke 10, and that also before the Cross where Jesus sends the Seventy two of those who followed him to the villages to heal the sick...

Those two events in Luke 9 and 10 they were seasonal events, they lasted only for the season that it served its purpose...

The event after the Penticost with Peter is different in that it is after the Cross and the Penticost and the power given to Peter it was given through the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4: 

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

A question of a general interest is:

What is the sign that Jesus Christ is still ascended up on high: it is that he still gives gifts unto men...

Gifts of healings is included as we see that took place throughout to where the Gospel was preach...and people believe...

And people believe it includes that the gifts of healings were given not only in those who had believe but also to them that had not believe yet, with the message that they were  healed from Jesus Christ.

That will also includes when we pray about our selves or we pray together with others, or we pray about others whether they know it or not...prayer petitions to the Lord Jesus Christ who is lifted up on high. 

Jesus Christ what he had he gave to his people, and not only before the Cross but also after the Cross and the day of Penticost that is not only healing people himself in many diverse ways but also giving the authority to others to do the miracles he did and even exceedingly more...

As he was teaching his disciples not just the twelve even before the Cross...

Another way to approach this subject would be to ask the question...

That even if Jesus Christ is still ascended up on high and still have the power to heal, is he still willing to give gifts of healings to men?

For me it is yes, he is and he still does it...and he will continue to do it...

His power to heal will never seized...

Hope that your personal question is answer within to what Jesus Christ does today as he did in the past...yes he still does and that it includes to giving the power to men to do what he does. Ask and you shall receive...

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You posted from Acts 3, about the healing of the paralytic man by Peter...

An event that took place after the Day of Penticost...

Then I posted from Luke 9, an event that took place before the CROSS. 

Jesus sending his disciples ahead of him to the villages to heal the sick, an event that took place before another event in Luke 10, and that also before the Cross where Jesus sends the Seventy two of those who followed him to the villages to heal the sick...

Those two events in Luke 9 and 10 they were seasonal events, they lasted only for the season that it served its purpose...

The event after the Penticost with Peter is different in that it is after the Cross and the Penticost and the power given to Peter it was given through the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4: 

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

A question of a general interest is:

What is the sign that Jesus Christ is still ascended up on high: it is that he still gives gifts unto men...

Gifts of healings is included as we see that took place throughout to where the Gospel was preach...and people believe...

And people believe it includes that the gifts of healings were given not only in those who had believe but also to them that had not believe yet, with the message that they were  healed from Jesus Christ.

That will also includes when we pray about our selves or we pray together with others, or we pray about others whether they know it or not...prayer petitions to the Lord Jesus Christ who is lifted up on high. 

Jesus Christ what he had he gave to his people, and not only before the Cross but also after the Cross and the day of Penticost that is not only healing people himself in many diverse ways but also giving the authority to others to do the miracles he did and even exceedingly more...

As he was teaching his disciples not just the twelve even before the Cross...

Another way to approach this subject would be to ask the question...

That even if Jesus Christ is still ascended up on high and still have the power to heal, is he still willing to give gifts of healings to men?

For me it is yes, he is and he still does it...and he will continue to do it...

His power to heal will never seized...

Hope that your personal question is answer within to what Jesus Christ does today as he did in the past...yes he still does and that it includes to giving the power to men to do what he does. Ask and you shall receive...

I'm going to take your reply to me as a no. No you have not been able to use this power and authority over devils so that they obey your command? And I believe it's because what you're saying concerning this authority that Jesus gave his disciples does not apply to us who live after the cross.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Have you? Under what circumstances, if the answer is yes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I'm going to take your reply to me as a no. No you have not been able to use this power and authority over devils so that they obey your command? And I believe it's because what you're saying concerning this authority that Jesus gave his disciples does not apply to us who live after the cross.

What part of two different events, one before and one after Pentecost, do you not understand?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.90
  • Days Won:  21

27 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

And I believe it's because what you're saying concerning this authority that Jesus gave his disciples does not apply to us who live after the cross.

I will differ on this point. " greater works than these will you perform.."

I have seen this happen right next to me and it is AWESOME...

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12

11 hours ago, Peterlag said:

This discussion is not about me!

This should not be taken as a reply in the negative.  I am simply not going to allow you to make this about me.

Edited by David1701
  • This is Worthy 1