• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

The DNA evidence shows that Adam and Eve had parents just like everyone else.

What DNA evidence?  Who is claiming they have Adam's DNA?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

A covenant is a legal contract between us and God. If we do our part we can be sure God will do his part of the promise. For example we read in Psalm 37:4 : "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."  What do we have to do? Our part of the promise is to: "Delight yourself in the Lord".  IF he is NOT giving us the desires of our heart then we have failed to delight in Him. We need to learn how to do that. I would assume from other scriptures that to delight in the Lord involves have a pure heart before Him. He is not going to give us the desires of our heart if our heart is wicked and defiled. We know if we turn on a light we can see a lot better. So perhaps He shines His light on our Heart to see if your Heart is pure before Him. 

This is just one random promise from God. There are many thousands we can choose from. Always the promises of God are conditional. WE have to do our part then we can be sure that He will do His part. That is why they write whole books on how people tie the hands of God. Some people find that very offensive that we could do something that would hinder God from working in our life. 

Right.  Then back to the scripture I quoted,  how does God broken covenant and predestination agree or is there any correlation .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

15 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

The conversation is about the day of the Lord. People like to go to the last chapter in a book but I like to start in the beginning and follow through from there.  Zephaniah 1:14 - Isaiah 13:6 - Joel 1:15 - Amos 5:18 - Psalm 118:24 - Ezekiel 30:3 all talk about 'The Day of the Lord". Don't you think we should take a look at what they say about this day before we offer opinions about what Peter is telling us?  

The thousand years is equal to a day is to help us know when to expect the day of the lord. While the day of the lord is a literal 24 hour day - this day has a direct impact on every saved and redeemed person that has lived from Adam to the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ 7,000 years from Adam. This is the day when the Kingdoms of this world become the Kingdom of God. 

All was created in 7 days and in 7 days all will be redeemed and restored. As I said a day is a literal 24 hour day, also a day is symbolic and numerical. That is fine if you want to look at the literal 24 hour day but there is a lot of revelation knowledge in a symbolic and numerical understanding of the Bible. The literal is more for children then as we grow and mature we begin to see and understand the deeper things of God. As Paul said: "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways". (1Cor13:11) 

The word "day", in the Bible, is a literal 24-hour day, when it is accompanied by "morning", "evening" or a number (e.g. day one).  When it is not accompanied by any of these, then it can mean other things (e.g. an indefinite period of time).

Everything was created in six days, not seven.  The seventh day was when God rested from his creative work.

I initially responded to your post about 2 Pet. 3:9, taken out of context.  My post was to do with the meaning of that verse, in context; it was not about end-times theology, or the "Day of the Lord".

Edited by David1701

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

This was the beginning of civilization because man as a food producer was able to produce a lot more food for a lot more people than the hunter gathers that were here before Adam and Eve

That's an interesting topic all on its own. So I take it you're an 'old earth' adherent and believe in the "gap theory"? 

I've done much study on the subject myself, and came to the rock solid conclusion; I don't know! With your education no doubt you've read books and commentaries from the likes of Scofield and G.H. Pember? Pember especially makes an excellent arguement in "Earth's Earliest Ages."

Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek words and languages are much more precise and descriptive than our English, it doesn't take a semitic language expert to determine that. The 40+ authors of our Bible, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, were precise in their wording for meaning. 

To be brief, because you have most likely done your own detailed study. I find the Hebrew word usage "created" and "made", in the context of Genesis and Exodus, two different forms [fashioned vs. created, ex nilo]: Exodus 31:17 (KJV) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [emphasis added]. 

In the grand scheme of biblical doctrine, whichever view we adopt to take, only affects our hermeneutic view of history.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's an interesting topic all on its own. So I take it you're an 'old earth' adherent and believe in the "gap theory"? 

The GAP is not much of a theory, it is ok for what what it does. Gerold Schroeder is the only OEC that makes any sense and is able to line up with science. I have no problem with Bishop Ussher's YEC if you consider he writes about the last 6,000 years and does not have much to say about what happened before that because they did not have that information 500 years ago. I was a theistic evolution with Frances Schafer until he gave us this virus. So that leaves his credibility highly questionable. So that puts us back to Evo Devo that has actually done something for Creationism. I have not read a lot of Sean B. Carroll, but what I have seen is very interesting. 

6 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

That "treasury of scripture knowledge" does sound pretty intriguing. I'll see if I can find it.

They have a TSK button in Bible Hub. It is pretty amazing all the information they pack into their program. 

7 hours ago, David1701 said:

Everything was created in six days, not seven.  The seventh day was when God rested from his creative work.

This is why the 1,000 year Reign of Christ is a Sabbath when man will rest from his works. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

PREDESTINED / CHOSEN

ISAIAH 42:9  behold the former things are come to pass and new things do I declare before they spring forth I tell you of them 

JEREMIAH 31:31 behold the days come saith  THE  LORD  that I will make a new covenant with the house of israel and with the house of judah 

HEBREWS 8:13 in that  HE  saith a new covenant  HE  hath made the first old now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away 

JOHN 12:48  HE  THAT  REJECTETH  ME  AND  RECEIVETH  NOT  MY  WORDS  HATH  ONE  THAT  JUDGETH  HIM  THE  WORD  THAT  I  HAVE  SPOKEN  THE  SAME  SHALL  JUDGE  HIM  IN  THE  LAST  DAY 

PSALM 25:10  ALL  THE  PATHS  OF  THE  LORD  ARE  MERCY  AND  TRUTH  UNTO  SUCH ---AS  KEEP  HIS  COVENANT  AND  HIS  TESTIMONIES---

LUKE 1:50  AND  HIS  MERCY  IS  ON  THEM  THAT  FEAR  HIM  FROM  GENERATION  TO  GENERATION 

EPHESIANS 1:4  according as  HE  hath chosen us in  HIM  before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame --BEFORE  HIM  IN  LOVE--

2:THESSALONIANS  2:13  but we are bound to give thanks always to  GOD  for you brethren beloved of  THE  LORD  because  GOD  hath from  the beginning chosen you to salvation ---THROUGH  SANCTIFICATION  OF  THE  SPIRIT  AND  BELIEF  OF  THE  TRUTH --

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth  --THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING--  the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

PSALM 19:1  the heavens declare the glory of  GOD  and the firmament showeth  HIS  handiwork

PSALM 19:2  day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night showeth knowledge 

PSALM 19:3  THERE  IS  --NO  SPEECH  NOR  LANGUAGE-- WHERE  THEIR  VOICE  IS  NOT  HEARD

ISAIAH 42:8  I  AM  THE  LORD  ---  that is  MY  name and  MY  glory  will I not give to another neither  MY  praise to graven images 

PSALM 18:3  I will call upon  THE  LORD  ---WHO  IS  WORTHY  TO  BE  PRAISED--- SO  SHALL  I  BE  SAVED  FROM  MY  ENEMIES

PSALM 145:3  GREAT  IS  THE  LORD  AND  GREATLY  TO  BE  PRAISED  AND  HIS  GREATNESS  IS  UNSEARCHABLE 

ISAIAH 48:11 for mine own sake even for mine own sake will I do it --FOR  HOW  SHOULD  MY  NAME  BE  POLLUTED--AND  I  WILL  NOT  GIVE  MY  GLORY  UNTO  ANOTHER  

--48:12-- hearken unto  ME  o jacob and israel  MY  CALLED  --I  AM  HE--I  AM  THE  FIRST  I  ALSO  AM  THE  LAST--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Perhaps what we learn from the story is that God knew what Saul's intention was and nothing much more related to the OP?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

19 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

This is why the 1,000 year Reign of Christ is a Sabbath when man will rest from his works. 

Actually, I agree with that principle.