I'm scared I unsaved myself

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

We are saved by faith. Not by saying a prayer. You must repent from your sins, meaning to acknowledge your wicked ways, have a change of mind and turn from them completely, accepting and doing the will of God. 

But remember God warns us that you can have a dead faith instead of a saving faith. 

James 2:17 KJB "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

And a couple of my favorite passages that may help you:

Hebrews 5:9 KJB "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Revelation 22:14 KJB "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

This faith requires much more than mere profession.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/31/2020 at 9:40 PM, 4everyume said:

So ive already prayed to get saved and I'm baptized but I was praying today and I was trying to say I loved God and I accidentally started to say the prayer to get saved so am i not saved no more do I have to say the prayer again to get saved since I started to say it again by accident or am I still saved I asked for forgiveness for accident starting to pray it again

Daily we are to be renewed. His tender mercy is new every day. We have to overcome to the end of our life. God does not change but time is a very real factor for us in our lives. Even my wife daily she wants me to renew and re commit my love for her. God is creating who we are and we are a part of that process. We decide we want to be transformed into the person God intends for us to be. We have all of our individual gifts - talents and abilities. So we need to use what we have to bring praise - honor and glory to God. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

7 hours ago, Tristen said:

No.

If Jesus is sincerely your Lord, you are saved. Period.

Like all of us, you will make serious mistakes along the way (i.e. actual sins) - but God is gracious and merciful and ready to forgive. God knew exactly what He was getting with us - and He loves us anyway. He is not surprised by our weaknesses. God loves you with a passionate love. No amount of misspoken words will ever be able to change that.

Note that what you describe here is not a serious mistake in any sense (i.e. not a sin or offence to God). My initial point was that if you are concerned, it is easily fixed by finishing the prayer. You could pray the same prayer every day for the rest of your life without compromising your salvation. Alternatively, you can simply offer the incident to God and ask forgiveness if you have committed any sins (which you have not in this incident) - and God will forgive you - as He has promised.

Is it OK that I finish the prayer but change or add a few words does that still count as finishing it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

55 minutes ago, 4everyume said:

Is it OK that I finish the prayer but change or add a few words does that still count as finishing it?

You can pray and expect the Lord to see the thoughts and intent behind what you say.

God really understands our frailties. He loves us anyway. You cannot change that if you just BELIEVE and worship only Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, 4everyume said:

You can (and should) use whatever words you need to express to God what is in your heart. There is no magic prayer formula. God hears your heart.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 11/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, 4everyume said:

So its OK if i accidentally start a prayer  and don't finish it as long as I ask for forgiveness

If you have trusted in the finished work of Christ on the cross for forgiveness of your sin then focus on that message instead of focusing on yourself.

I find the 3rd verse of the hymn "It Is Well with My Soul" to be comforting.

Goes like this:

My sin oh the bliss of this glorious thought

My sin not in part but the whole

Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more

Praise the Lord Praise the Lord oh my soul

Regards,

John