I'm scared I unsaved myself

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So ive already prayed to get saved and I'm baptized but I was praying today and I was trying to say I loved God and I accidentally started to say the prayer to get saved so am i not saved no more do I have to say the prayer again to get saved since I started to say it again by accident or am I still saved I asked for forgiveness for accident starting to pray it again

Edited by 4everyume
  • Praying! 1

1 hour ago, DDisconnect said:

That's what I'd call a freudian slip and it doesn't interfere with your saved status. I've done it myself where my mind will accidentally think my morning prayer is my evening prayer and vice versa. Sitting here at the end of the day like, "thank you for a decent sleep". I'm such a blond, it happens way more than I'd prefer.

What I will say though is that you seemingly get hung up on whether or not you're saved often. And... It's often over nothing. Which isn't completely bad, of course, it shows that you very much wish to please the Lord. However, you must also realize that he searches the heart and he can see that desire in you. God loves you and wants the best for you - it's just a matter of truly believing that,aright

but I didnt finish the prayer i stopped do I need to say the prayer again or am I fine am I still saved

Edited by 4everyume
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You can not undo your salvation by repeating the sinner's prayer. If you truly believe in your heart who Jesus is and what He has done for you, then you are indeed saved. For scripture says

Romans 10:9 - 11
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.  As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

Saying the “sinner's prayer” should not be thought of as a formula of sorts but as a way to verbally confess with our mouths about what is in our hearts. That we believe that we can not get to heaven by our own strength and power and are totally dependent upon Jesus as our Savior to get us there. That we fully and truly believe in His life, death, and resurrection on our behalf. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. He is our only hope of ever getting into heaven.

Know that when you mess up and feel bad about it, you can always go to Jesus about it and ask Him to forgive and cleanse your heart in regards to the sin committed.

Knowing if we are saved or not, is not dictated by what we feel, it is what we know and believe in our hearts. Our feelings and emotions are unreliable when it comes to knowing if we are saved or not. Hearing the gospel and the knowledge of the gospel is fact. It is what we know, not so much of what we feel. Our salvation is not dependent on a “prayer formula” but fully believing in our hearts and minds of who Jesus is and what He has done for us. Fully trusting in His sacrifice to save us from God's judgment on sin.

Real faith and trust in the Savior is more than an intellectual assent. It is requires us to be committed to changing our hearts and minds about sin, and agreeing with God concerning sin and turning to God. Faith is fully trusting our lives to Christ without reservation from here on out.  It is a lifetime commitment.

When  we first come to Christ and put our faith in Him to save us, there will be a change in our attitude towards sin and Christ. A changed life is the result of Jesus saving us. We aren't saved by our power and strength, but what Christ has done for us.

<\__~
</  //

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

13 minutes ago, appy said:

You can not undo your salvation by repeating the sinner's prayer. If you truly believe in your heart who Jesus is and what He has done for you, then you are indeed saved. For scripture says

Romans 10:9 - 11
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.  As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

Saying the “sinner's prayer” should not be thought of as a formula of sorts but as a way to verbally confess with our mouths about what is in our hearts. That we believe that we can not get to heaven by our own strength and power and are totally dependent upon Jesus as our Savior to get us there. That we fully and truly believe in His life, death, and resurrection on our behalf. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. He is our only hope of ever getting into heaven.

Know that when you mess up and feel bad about it, you can always go to Jesus about it and ask Him to forgive and cleanse your heart in regards to the sin committed.

Knowing if we are saved or not, is not dictated by what we feel, it is what we know and believe in our hearts. Our feelings and emotions are unreliable when it comes to knowing if we are saved or not. Hearing the gospel and the knowledge of the gospel is fact. It is what we know, not so much of what we feel. Our salvation is not dependent on a “prayer formula” but fully believing in our hearts and minds of who Jesus is and what He has done for us. Fully trusting in His sacrifice to save us from God's judgment on sin.

Real faith and trust in the Savior is more than an intellectual assent. It is requires us to be committed to changing our hearts and minds about sin, and agreeing with God concerning sin and turning to God. Faith is fully trusting our lives to Christ without reservation from here on out.  It is a lifetime commitment.

When  we first come to Christ and put our faith in Him to save us, there will be a change in our attitude towards sin and Christ. A changed life is the result of Jesus saving us. We aren't saved by our power and strength, but what Christ has done for us.

<\__~
</  //

OK I didn't finish the prayer so is it OK that I didn't finish the prayer and just stopped cause I that's what woried about do I need to resay it and finish it or am I fine I asked for forgiveness for it

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, 4everyume said:

OK I didn't finish the prayer so is it OK that I didn't finish the prayer and just stopped cause I that's what woried about do I need to resay it and finish it or am I fine I asked for forgiveness for it

Are you concerned about the passage is Matthew which speaks about “babbling” or vain repetitions? I'm sure many Christians have been worried about violating this. When I first came to Christ, I did too, because I didn't understand what prayer was or meant.

Matthew 6:7
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

There is nothing wrong with praying for the same thing more than once. However, there is a difference in vain repetitions / babbling and praying daily for someone or a need. Babbling or vain repetition is repetitive in the sense that a person repeats the same phrase over and over as some sort of mantra or formula. Prayer is not a magical formula, an incantation, or the determination to say the “right” words the right number of times.

A helpful way to understand prayer is to think of it as a conversation with a loved one. When a family member or friend asks how our day was, we probably share many of the same things day in and day out. That we repeat our words is not necessarily an issue; it just speaks to the routine nature of our days and our conversations. But when we only ever respond with “Good,” we know we have a breakdown in communication. The same can be said in our prayers. We can repeatedly pray the same types of things and even routinely use the same words. But, if they are just words, without meaning, we have a problem. We want to actually communicate with God, not just mechanically recite phrases or speak by rote.

All of us have prayer requests that we’ve prayed about for years: the salvation of a lost loved one, the healing of a broken relationship, or the forgiveness of a habitual sin. Scripture encourages us to keep coming to God with our requests. We should always pray and not give up. Persistent prayer builds our dependence on God and demonstrates our knowledge that only He can truly change the situation. But this is not the same as vain babbling.

With the above said, no you have not done anything wrong in repeating the sinner's prayer, and do not need to finish the prayer. From your post, you weren't trying to pray a mantra of sorts. It is NOT a problem if you used parts of the sinner's prayer in talking to God about how you feel. There isn't a problem with asking God to forgive you of what you thought is wrong. We always feel better when we talk to God about our feelings, concerns and needs. Don't give up prayer.

<\__~
</  //

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Jesus said in john6:38 that his purpose was to keep safe all those his Father had given him and raise them up at the last day.

Do you believe what Jesus says?

If you are his then you are always his.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,206
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Have you experienced true repentance?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, 4everyume said:

So ive already prayed to get saved and I'm baptized but I was praying today and I was trying to say I loved God and I accidentally started to say the prayer to get saved so am i not saved no more do I have to say the prayer again to get saved since I started to say it again by accident or am I still saved I asked for forgiveness for accident starting to pray it again

Friend, you are worrying unnecessarily.   If you have sincerely believed on Christ as your own Savior, you have been born again....the Holy Spirit indwells you.   The Holy Spirit seals us unto the day of redemption.   

I seem to recall that you suffer from OCD.   Is that right?    If so, your worrying is apparently part of the OCD.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

13 hours ago, 4everyume said:

I don't think life is that technical. We have a loving God who wants what is best for us. When we sin he disciplines us, for our own good. I think that is the long and the short of it. I think you worry a little too much.

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think life is that technical. We have a loving God who wants what is best for us. When we sin he disciplines us, for our own good. I think that is the long and the short of it. I think you worry a little too much.

So its OK if i accidentally start a prayer  and don't finish it as long as I ask for forgiveness