Questions about Sin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Been contemplating this for a while.  I know the bible says (and I'm loosely quoting /paraphrasing) that fornicators, and witches, and gay people won't go to heaven. But the bible also says that whoever believes in Jesus will have everlasting life. 

So, does being gay, or a witch, or a fornicator actually matter?  If somebody believes in Jesus, they go to heaven right?  

Obviously believing in Jesus will lead to a relationship with him and a desire NOT to sin (or at least it should)  but for people who are gay or who lead lifestyles considered "sinful" but actually do, truely believe in Jesus, they've met the only necessary requirement for salvation right?  Because all you have to do is believe? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hello AOW,

Romans 10:9-10 - that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

There are two parts to Christian salvation; 1) a sincere, living faith (or belief), and 2) the response to that faith – i.e. to sincerely surrender ownership (or Lordship) of one's life to Christ. That means we make Jesus our Master/Owner/Lord (i.e. we make a choice to do what He wants; to live under His authority - rather than our own). So Christian salvation requires more than just believing.

James 2:19 - Even the demons believe—and tremble!

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Anyone who is a sincere Christian is no longer “gay, or a witch, or a fornicator” in God's eyes. We are instead “the righteousness of God” in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). We may still have ungodly desires to overcome, but we willingly choose to turn away from sin (i.e. repent) in deference to the Lordship of our Saviour. And even if we sometimes succumb to the temptations of our old self, by His grace, we revert back to our decision for God and away from sin.

Conversion to Christianity changes our status and the direction of our perspective. We are no longer “slaves of uncleanness” (Romans 6:15-22) “confined under sin” (Galatians 3:22). Instead we are perfected in Christ, undergoing the process of sanctification (Hebrews 10:14) - so that we stumble into sin increasingly fewer times as we grow closer to our Lord.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, ArmsOpenWide said:

Been contemplating this for a while.  I know the bible says (and I'm loosely quoting /paraphrasing) that fornicators, and witches, and gay people won't go to heaven. But the bible also says that whoever believes in Jesus will have everlasting life. 

So, does being gay, or a witch, or a fornicator actually matter?  If somebody believes in Jesus, they go to heaven right?  

Obviously believing in Jesus will lead to a relationship with him and a desire NOT to sin (or at least it should)  but for people who are gay or who lead lifestyles considered "sinful" but actually do, truely believe in Jesus, they've met the only necessary requirement for salvation right?  Because all you have to do is believe? 

The Lord says that homosexuality is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22). That is different than saying he won't go to heaven. A person can suffer a good deal before he enters the gates of heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/8/2020 at 6:09 PM, Tristen said:

Hello AOW,

Romans 10:9-10 - that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

There are two parts to Christian salvation; 1) a sincere, living faith (or belief), and 2) the response to that faith – i.e. to sincerely surrender ownership (or Lordship) of one's life to Christ. That means we make Jesus our Master/Owner/Lord (i.e. we make a choice to do what He wants; to live under His authority - rather than our own). So Christian salvation requires more than just believing.

James 2:19 - Even the demons believe—and tremble!

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Anyone who is a sincere Christian is no longer “gay, or a witch, or a fornicator” in God's eyes. We are instead “the righteousness of God” in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). We may still have ungodly desires to overcome, but we willingly choose to turn away from sin (i.e. repent) in deference to the Lordship of our Saviour. And even if we sometimes succumb to the temptations of our old self, by His grace, we revert back to our decision for God and away from sin.

Conversion to Christianity changes our status and the direction of our perspective. We are no longer “slaves of uncleanness” (Romans 6:15-22) “confined under sin” (Galatians 3:22). Instead we are perfected in Christ, undergoing the process of sanctification (Hebrews 10:14) - so that we stumble into sin increasingly fewer times as we grow closer to our Lord.

Uh then why this:

1 Corinthians 5:5 (AV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

And James 2:19 refers to demons who could never be saved because they are in their eternal state already. Man has the ability to die. Fallen angels (demons) do not. A kinsman redeemer therefore could not be sent to save their kind. Praise God ours was!

On 11/8/2020 at 1:19 PM, ArmsOpenWide said:

fornicators, and witches, and gay people won't go to heaven.

What about liars? Cheats? Womanizers? Prostitutes? Adulterers (who remarry)? People always forget to list these.

We must insert the word "unbelieving" before all those being spoken of as being unable to go to heaven. Otherwise ain't hardly anyone going there.

Yes we should all try to be more Christ-like... but for pity sake, don't let it get in the way of your walk with him or with performing your own ministry with the time you have left.

We are all priests of God in Christ (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9). God is more concerned about you playing your unique part in support of evangelizing the lost in every generation. 

Jesus was opposed by the sanctimonious religious leaders of his day. Try not to be like them. Be real. 

Psst! (Whispering) God already knows about what you did, do, neglected to do...

We don't have to hide it behind anything. Be real like King David or Abraham or Moses. Even under the Law these guys pleased God by their faith and that they were not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

Be blessed.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Uh then why this:

1 Corinthians 5:5 (AV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

And James 2:19 refers to demons who could never be saved because they are in their eternal state already. Man has the ability to die. Fallen angels (demons) do not. A kinsman redeemer therefore could not be sent to save their kind. Praise God ours was!

Hi JohnD,

I'm not really sure what in my post you are responding to here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 11/8/2020 at 7:19 PM, ArmsOpenWide said:

but for people who are gay or who lead lifestyles considered "sinful" but actually do, truely believe in Jesus, they've met the only necessary requirement for salvation right?  Because all you have to do is believe? 

No we do not have to ' only believe,' Jesus said if you love me you will obey my commands.

That basically means the ten commandments.

So someone who says they are a Christian but is having a sexual relationship outside of marriage ( one man married to one woman ) is not obey Jesus nor is he practising Christian living, ditto if they are practising witchcraft or any other new age beliefs.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

On 11/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, ArmsOpenWide said:

If a person is a homosexual and lives the life of a homosexual, or practices witchcraft or is a fornicator and they know the words of the Holy Bible they can not be giving God very much importance. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

1 Corinthians 6 9Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor [c]sodomites,  10nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.  11And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were [d]sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

When we are reborn by the work and will of God, we no longer desire the things we used to. We now desire to do His will. We want to please Him and want what he wants. We love what He loves and hate what he hates. A regenerate Christian will not practice any of the things you’ve mentioned. We still live in these sinful bodies so we still give in to sin sometimes but it not practiced anymore. I hope this helps. Thanks, Frank. ??

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Yes, it matters a lot. Those who come to Christ in faith are obligated to live in a way that pleases Him. When you say "...they've met the only necessary requirement for salvation right? Because all you have to do is believe?" you're not taking into account all the ways in which they are now called to be pure and set apart to serve Him.

For example:

"...we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God" (Colossians 1:9, 10).

It is a high calling and our response should be characterised by gladness and commitment.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

When we're truly born again, we are new creatures in Christ. The Holy Spirit comes and indwells us; we become much more conscience of sin(s) and we repent, doing our best to live a righteous life and walk with Christ. Our "want to's" change. An evidence of Salvation is; you've changed, your outward and inward behavior has changed and people have noticed, you're different now. 

If there's no change in your carnal lifestyle, and the lusts of your flesh still control you, I would question my Salvation.

Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Well Said! 1