Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

There is one party in our nation's political system that clearly supports things that are not biblical. As I do not want to make too long of a post lets look at the one thing that is a blight upon this nation and is something as a Christian I can never support. I will not and can not support any person or party that supports legalized murder.

I do not mean to bore anyone with scripture and facts but hope some will bear with me as I share only a few passages from the word of God.

Genesis 25:23, "And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from your bowels; and the one people shall be stronger then the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger."  

Here the Lord shows that twins still within the womb are considered to be alive and give a prophetic statement to the mother.

Psalms 127:3 , "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."  Amazing, appears the Lord loves the child even while in the womb ... He must consider it to be life.

Psalms 139:13, "For thou hast possessed my reins; thou hast covered me in my mother's womb."  The Lord knew David even in the womb.

Luke 1:41, "And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the holy ghost."

John the Baptist was alive in the womb as a quote "fetus".

Was Jesus only the Son of God once he was born or when he was conceived?

There is only one political party within our nation that boldly embraces the murder of the innocent, even after they are born. How oh how can any Christian support this?  My heart grieves..... how, please tell me how????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Hi Tigger56

I think you're mostly preaching to the choir here. At least I hope you are.

I had some time last month to speak with someone in my family who claims to be a Christian and voted for the other party. His explanation to me was this- Many people who are against abortion are for the death penalty. Now this is a pretty intelligent guy. Career teacher, now retired.  To me this is such a lame argument coming from such a smart person. To me it was like comparing apples to oranges. I mean, an unborn child hasn't committed a murder, yet this is one argument they use.

I could counter that and say, ok but what about all of the people who are for saving the whales and dolphins, yet are for abortion? 

His next argument was this- Many people who are pro abortion try to convince themselves that most of it is needed and situational.

Let me explain, If my daughter was raped what would I do? If the life of the mother is in jeopardy, what would I do?  While these "situational" things happen it's  a very small percentage and should not navigate total policy IMHO. The way things are set up now a person can show up at Planned Parenthood and get an abortion for any reason. Just because they don't want the child.

The next argument is " It's her body". Since they try to see the baby as a "fetus" it's not considered human. 1st mistake. The baby is a person within a person. That person should have rights.

Look around you though. How much has changed since 1973 when Roe .vs Wade went down? There has always been an excuse for why it couldn't be changed. It would appear all Christians can do is continue to remind everyone that it's murder plain and simple in the majority of cases. We are in 2021 now. If anything politicians seem to be pushing for even more lenient controls on it. 50 years on, we have had several good republican presidents who made a commitment to try and get this shameful sinful practice eliminated. What has happened since then?  Make no mistake any nation that does this and doesn't repent will eventually pay.

Look at all of the geniuses they eliminated in addition to potential taxpayers. Human lives are valuable to Yahweh.I think we have hurt ourselves already beyond our ability to comprehend it. This is only one worm in the US apple. There are plenty of others.

For all we know these are seen as sacrifices to false gods (demons) by those who made it all possible. Probably not by the mothers of these children.

.........so I digress. We are going to go ahead and hang ourselves before almighty God. Give Him no other choice but to leave us to our ways. I really hope I'm not around when this happens. It isn't going to be pretty.

2 minutes ago, Momma_Bear said:

The question can also be... How can a Christian support such terrible behaviour from a man who is the head of the nation and REFUSES to treat others with respect?

I didn't care for Donald Trump as a human being. I mean a 10th grader probably has a better bedside manner than he did. FWIW living in Canada I doubt you seen or heard anything other than mainstream press which hated him the first day he was elected. The man DID do lots of things for the US.

I'll try and keep my reply short.

Say you are on an ocean liner that has a captain with the worst personality you've ever seem. He curses at his help. He demeans, he's just a miserable person to hang with HOWEVER, he's the best darned captain on the liner fleet. A huge tsunami wave comes along and he guides the ship and passengers safely through that wave. 

Now, imagine your on another ocean liner with the most attractive and likable captain ever. Everyone likes him, however if you dig a little bit you can see that he was responsible for sinking several vessels in the past. His track record isn't really very good. He tends to listen to others who would maybe give him bad directions on the course of the ship.

That in a nutshell is why I voted for Donald Trump. Had nothing to do with Donald's other "baggage". 

I find it very odd that back when Bill Clinton was caught in the oval office doing sexual things with girl who wasn't his wife, all of the Dems said this had nothing to do with his ability to operate a government, yet now when the shoe is on the other foot personality means everything and policy seems to mean little.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

The president of the United States of America must have impeccable decorum.  

Well, that would leave out Biden as well, so who is our choice?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Momma_Bear said:

You state that your heart grieves... mine does also...  The behaviour of people boils down to the beliefs they have and the choices they make... I agree that abortion is wrong... I also believe that same sex marriage is wrong... and I will never accept that one human being identifies themselves as "they" or anything else other than male or female. On a personal note... I mind my own business... I try to respect ALL people... and I live a quiet faith. I do not believe in telling others how they have to think... feel or believe... as I am only accountable for myself which is a task in itself.

With the above said... I am sorry... but I could NEVER... EVER vote for a man like Donald Trump... Thankfully I live in Canada and do not have to face this reality... which might even make this post a waste of time since I am an outsider. I have been grieved greatly over the last 4 years at watching in "live time" the division.. the hatred... the mocking... the lack of respect.. and the arrogance with which this man speaks... always looking to pat himself on the back with false affirmations. He has not taken responsibility for anything... and has done nothing but name call and blame others. 

I think people have to be very careful at judging those who did NOT vote republican...

The question can also be... How can a Christian support such terrible behaviour from a man who is the head of the nation and REFUSES to treat others with respect?

On a more personal reflection... Even if I place all those thoughts aside... I am unable to digest the scene where tear gas was used to disperse a peaceful demonstration... so that the president could get his photo taken with a bible in hand... This to me was an absolute abomination. Anyways... my two cents worth. 

I am not republican. I am Christian. I have never stated that Trump is a perfect man not is the Republican party perfect but they are the best choice of the two. The democratic party openly stands for the murder of babies even after birth ... this as a Christian I will never and can never support.  I never "mind my own business" if that means being silent in what is right. Silence can be acceptance and I will not be accepting of darkness or evil. The murder of the unborn is darkness and evil and any who support this are supporting this ideology.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

The Republicans should have found a much better choice and they would have won by an overwhelming landslide and no recounting of votes etc. would have been necessary.  This would have all been over by now. 

Actually they did win by a landslide until the left starting their attempt at a bloodless coup by deception and fraud. President Trump is not a perfect man but has been the right man for what has been needed in this country.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

There is one party in our nation's political system that clearly supports things that are not biblical. As I do not want to make too long of a post lets look at the one thing that is a blight upon this nation and is something as a Christian I can never support. I will not and can not support any person or party that supports legalized murder.

I do not mean to bore anyone with scripture and facts but hope some will bear with me as I share only a few passages from the word of God.

Genesis 25:23, "And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from your bowels; and the one people shall be stronger then the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger."  

Here the Lord shows that twins still within the womb are considered to be alive and give a prophetic statement to the mother.

Psalms 127:3 , "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."  Amazing, appears the Lord loves the child even while in the womb ... He must consider it to be life.

Psalms 139:13, "For thou hast possessed my reins; thou hast covered me in my mother's womb."  The Lord knew David even in the womb.

Luke 1:41, "And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the holy ghost."

John the Baptist was alive in the womb as a quote "fetus".

Was Jesus only the Son of God once he was born or when he was conceived?

There is only one political party within our nation that boldly embraces the murder of the innocent, even after they are born. How oh how can any Christian support this?  My heart grieves..... how, please tell me how????

Satan is the most subtle of all in God's creation (Genesis 3:1). He deceives many people.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Over the centuries, God has raised up many imperfect individuals to accomplish His goals.

We, as Christians have a civic responsibility to vote. God uses the systems of governance. We exist within these constructs and by virtue of this reality, have choices.

What governs our choices?

• Thumbs Up 1

I understand that many people voted for this man due to his policies... I get that... but what I am stating that those who did not vote for him are not necessarily "lesser" Christians. How someone achieves something is also important... the integrity of a man... how he treats others is just as important as what he does... I think that is the issue... NOT everyone is able to overlook how a person behaves... and that does not make them any less respectable. 

As for media.... I have not followed any news outlets... other than our nightly National news... I tried watching the US news stations and found them to be nothing more than blaming and back biting... I have no respect for such things. My opinions of Mr. Trump have come from things I have heard from his own mouth at press conferences and the such. 

Anyways... sadly... my little point of view is mute and largely irrelevant... as again... I am simply an observer from the outside looking in. 

And I think this is what cost Trump the election. Too many people couldn't get over this about him. If he had been a personality anything close to Ronald Reagan it would have been a landslide victory. Biden is a weak candidate who slipped through because Trump couldn't learn to get a handle on it. Trumps policies didn't do Trump in. Trump did Trump in. Even so there was a very STRONG support for his policies. Biden won most of the important states by very slim margins. That's not a strong winner.

People DO tend to look at people's personalities. The Bible says men look on the outward appearance. People liked Bill Clinton. People liked Obama for his personality. It's really packaged sales though and people show how superficial they are in accepting an entire anti christian ideology because they liked one person over another. 

The election still has not been officially called... I was surprised to learn this... I don't know why the news outlets are allowed to pre-maturely call something as important as an election... but it is what it is. The call should ONLY have been made once all the counts and counter law-suits are handled... People lack patience... LOL 

Again... my point was simply that we need to BE CAREFUL in assuming that all those who did not vote for Mr. Trump are lesser Christians or wrong... Convictions are personal things...  What is lacking is RESPECT... and DIGNITY. 

I do agree that people got sick and tired of the rhetoric and that Trump did Trump in. Many see Mr. Trump as dictator rather than a leader... Anyways... very pleasant to have shared thoughts with you. This is how I personally saw him.

"lesser christian", I never said that anyone who didn't vote for Trump was a lesser Christian. I am saying that any Christian that voted for Biden voted for an agenda and ideologies that embrace the murder of the innocent is in the support of something that goes against the very word of God. They will have to work that out with the Lord and seek their own justifications.