• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

40 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Just curious: is there a report of anyone in the Bible actually seeing a demon? 

I Sam. 28:8-16 The story of Saul using a medium to call Samuel.

In this story some commentaries do not believe this was really Samuel that was called but a demonic entity posing as Samuel. If you notice in this story no one else actually says they see Samuel. It is only Saul who WANTED it to be Samuel who thinks it's him. The medium says she sees a "divine being".

Anyone who laid eyes on a Nephilim was likely looking at a demon in the flesh.

There are other instances of evil spirits but I don't think the Bible is clear on if they were visible or not.

This is just off the top of my head so I could be overlooking  some good examples. I'll need to look a little more.

Since demons are spirits I doubt they are visible under normal circumstances, yet extra biblically thousands of people have seen those black shapes moving about most at night. 

16 minutes ago, Josheb said:

So they deny what is plainly stated in God's word. Is this the only example of someone seeing a demon? Is the only scripturally reported demon one that only some commentaries assert as a consequence of denying what is plainly stated?

Unless I could be further enlightened using other translations, I am convinced this was NOT Samuel but a demon poser for reason already mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Josheb said:

That certainly poses a challenge for anyone claiming to have actually seen a demon. They are claiming to have done something for which there is no actual precedent anywhere in scripture. 

I have not said there wasn't a precedent. You seem to be pretty convinced of it. The original post asked if we had ever seen a demon, not if we had seen a demon as described in the Bible. I have seen basket balls but I see no account of basket balls in the Bible. Does that mean Basket balls don't exist?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/9/2020 at 8:51 AM, Mantis said:

Have you ever seen a demon? I have, black shadow figure. Before Jesus revealed himself to me I was paralyzed three times in my sleep. The third time a black shadow figure sat on my chest and tried to suffocate me. This has been experienced by many, many people throughout history. All with a similar experience. Seeing an entity and feeling the absolute dread and hatred towards you. Now science will explain this away but if you have ever experienced this you know it is supernatural.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

I have never seen one personally, but I have had others that I worked with see them (but only because they wanted people to see them, of course). While I have never seen one (to date), I have had several experiences with demons as well as casting them out of possessed persons.

I had a similar experience to what you had at my conversion; I was born and raised in church but didn't get saved until I was 16. We moved into a house (rental) and about a few weeks after we moved in, we started having supernatural things happen. My sister would see apparitions standing (floating) above her bed at night, or faces in her walls. The demon would just come into my bedroom at night and stand right in the middle of the room, glaring down at me. Many a night a cried myself to sleep waiting for it to do something.

One night when this happened, something snapped inside and I cried out to the Lord. I heard a 'whooshing' sound, like something flew into the room and stood behind the head of my bed. I don't remember what I prayed, but I felt the power of God touch me and seem to go through me, and it felt in the spirit like the power went through me and knocked the demon out of my room. We never had any demonic presence after that night.

Blessings!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Are we in the Twilight Zone? None of this is biblical.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Are we in the Twilight Zone? None of this is biblical.

Not true. Demons are "biblical" as they are in the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Lol, Josheb asks questions that he knows the answers to. That's his debate style.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Google "sleep paralysis entities". This is not something made up. When I saw one I was paralyzed in a trance/dream state. I have never seen anything like that just walking around town or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Google "sleep paralysis entities". This is not something made up. When I saw one I was paralyzed in a trance/dream state. I have never seen anything like that just walking around town or something.

Yep. Nothing like an actual experience to confirm they are there. Scary indeed, even to me who has never gone through it. I could clearly tell the person who I spoke with that had a similar experience to you he wasn't pulling my chain

..............just sayin'

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Not true. Demons are "biblical" as they are in the Bible.

Yes there are demons in the Bible.  But they don't appear to people in the night.     

Please show verses that say humans can see such things as you guys are describing. If you can't you are either false witnesses or deceived.

Edited by Ozarkbound

2 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Yes there are demons in the Bible.  But they don't appear to people in the night.     

Please show verses that say humans can see such things as you guys are describing. If you can't you are either false witnesses or deceived.

Of course another option is people see things that are demons but it isn't necessarily clear in the Bible what disembodied demons look like because most instances of demons involve possession. 

I have studied lots of "paranormal" things and I can confirm that people see things often as dark shapes. If they aren't demons what do you posit they are?