IGNORED

Does anyone have a verse that says we goto Heaven?

Completed Israelite

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, Completed Israelite said:

I know everyone is of the belief that When they die they then goto Heaven. but there is no such verse in the Bible anywhere I can find. 

From what I've seen the promise is ...eventually,..Eternal Life on Earth, and then the New earth, But nothing says while a person is dead they ascend into the Heavens. 

There is no dead people in Heaven. 

But people of God while dead get true peace and rest, a state of repose. Until the ressurection of the dead. Then the reward of Eternal life. 

Do you believe in soul sleep? Do you believe that when a believer dies their soul does not immediately go to heaven?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Do you believe in soul sleep? Do you believe that when a believer dies their soul does not immediately go to heaven?

Yea that's what the scriptures actually say, when in Epeshians, it says Messiah broke "captivity captive" that means, that bc of Him we now will get to live eternally, so he broke the captivity of Sheol, by The ressurection of The dead, that will happen upon His return.

No body has ascended into heaven or out of Sheol, Except Him. And no one will until The ressurection, Abel is still down there, Abarahm, our saved realitives are resting in peace in Abrahams Bosom. Comforted until The great Day of The Lord. Those of the 1st ressurection. (We will go thru same exact process He did, and we will get the eternal Body, and His eternal Body was OUR PROOF that we can live forever!)

When you read, absence from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord...

That's a parallel verse to when David said "If I make my bed in Sheol, He will be with me"

Edited by Completed Israelite

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

When someone says a person died and went to heaven it's a simplified way of explaining a much more complicated subject. It's the "lite" way of saying we go to be with God if Christian which is true IMHO. No one really understands the mechanics behind how the transition happens. Only God truly knows.

I see a few here believe in soul sleep. There are a few scriptures which seem to point to it. I'm not lazy in study, just haven't had the time to completely study this subject in depth. I think a lot of what we can gather is to be taken within the context of other scriptures since there are also scriptures that say  something that sounds contrary to that. One sect that teaches soul sleep teaches known false teaching. The Jehovah's Witnesses. There's also the scripture " To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". 

Several things I do know or feel I know with some certainty.  Humans as tri part beings were never intended to be disassembled from their respective parts. We were never intended to die, therefore we were supposed to be intact at all times. This doesn't mean that rule hasn't been bent to accommodate different circumstances. Death of the physical being one of those.( just seen miss muffet comment, so pardon if I'm stepping on her here). I think God can do anything He wants to do with respect to our souls. He could certainly take that part of us somewhere else for awhile.

My ideas of the new Jerusalem are it's a huge square city coming to earth. Almost sounds sci fi, but I don't want to venture into space ships here. Admittedly it sort of sounds like a big space city to me. Can't get away from that. I know this isn't entirely with the subject matter...but maybe you do know the moon has many very curious things about it not in keeping with the other planetary bodies....I'll leave it at that for now. I'm not saying it's the New Jerusalem. The moon is uncharacteristic for a moon as compared to other moons.

We are told the earth will be burned up and everything in it. This isn't to say we won't inhabit the new one. 

One thing is for sure. Heaven is not a place with pearly gates where little baby like beings with wings play harps in the clouds.

14 minutes ago, Completed Israelite said:

Yea that's what the scriptures actually say, when in Epeshians, it says Messiah broke "captivity captive" that means, that bc of Him we now will get to live eternally, so he broke the captivity of Sheol, by The ressurection of The dead, that will happen upon His return.

No body has ascended into heaven or out of Sheol, Except Him. And no one will until The ressurection, Abel is still down there, Abarahm, our saved realitives are resting in peace in Abrahams Bosom. Comforted until The great Day of The Lord. Those of the 1st ressurection. (We will go thru same exact process He did, and we will get the eternal Body, and His eternal Body was OUR PROOF that we can live forever!)

When you read, absence from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord...

That's a parallel verse to when David said "If I make my bed in Sheol, He will be with me"

Soul sleep is not biblical.

Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer: 
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

https://www.gotquestions.org/soul-sleep.html

Edited by missmuffet
  • Well Said! 1

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Soul sleep is not biblical.

Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer: 
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

This quote is actually just not true, it's just a complete misunderstanding of what death actually is. Only the Rightoues will get, rest comfort and repose,..There is no rest for the wicked, There is madness in their hearts during life and in death...Samuel was awoke from sheol, he said why did you disturb me from my rest, all the way into revelation where God tells the martyred souls to "rest a little longer.,,like I mentioned in previous reply, absent from body in presence of the Lord is a Parallel verse to psalms if I make my bed in Sheol he will be with me..Ecclisasties there is no wisdom or knowledge in Sheol where you are going.....Psalms when the Spirit leaves man, right then his Thoughts perish.....what your calling hades is Sheol...If u look at Luke you'll see very plainly....Its made up of at least two compartments, Abrahams Bosom(where lazor went) and the pit where ppl get "burried"(where rich man went) both was in Sheol separated by a great gulf. Abrahams Bosom is not separate from Hades(incorrect translation, really only Sheol fits or they should just write "Abode of the dead")

The Rightoues get Gathered into Abrahams Bosom, the wicked get burried. Both in Sheol. And that's why the ressurection of The dead is so special...Daniel those who sleep will be rise some to eternal life some to eternal torment....after death is the judgement,,,after death don't happen until the ressurection....today's time ppl think of simply leaving the Body as Death, but it's not. Death is the Spirit of life leaving the soul.

You'll see after the two witnesses are raised after 3 days, it says the Spirit of life from to god entered backninto them, then they ascended into heaven..,that 3 days they was in Sheol, just as Messiah was for 3 days(not hell)

And all of us will also be in Sheol in complete peace if saved, Until The ressurection of the dead..

Everything is paraphrased but you can see every verse holds true.

Gotta leave behind modern thinking.

2 minutes ago, Completed Israelite said:

This quote is actually just not true, it's just a complete misunderstanding of what death actually is. Only the Rightoues will get, rest comfort and repose,..There is no rest for the wicked, There is madness in their hearts during life and in death...Samuel was awoke from sheol, he said why did you disturb me from my rest, all the way into revelation where God tells the martyred souls to "rest a little longer.,,like I mentioned in previous reply, absent from body in presence of the Lord is a Parallel verse to psalms if I make my bed in Sheol he will be with me..Ecclisasties there is no wisdom or knowledge in Sheol where you are going.....Psalms when the Spirit leaves man, right then his Thoughts perish.....what your calling hades is Sheol...If u look at Luke you'll see very plainly....Its made up of at least two compartments, Abrahams Bosom(where lazor went) and the pit where ppl get "burried"(where rich man went) both was in Sheol separated by a great gulf. Abrahams Bosom is not separate from Hades(incorrect translation, really only Sheol fits or they should just write "Abode of the dead")

The Rightoues get Gathered into Abrahams Bosom, the wicked get burried. Both in Sheol. And that's why the ressurection of The dead is so special...Daniel those who sleep will be rise some to eternal life some to eternal torment....after death is the judgement,,,after death don't happen until the ressurection....today's time ppl think of simply leaving the Body as Death, but it's not. Death is the Spirit of life leaving the soul.

You'll see after the two witnesses are raised after 3 days, it says the Spirit of life from to god entered backninto them, then they ascended into heaven..,that 3 days they was in Sheol, just as Messiah was for 3 days(not hell)

And all of us will also be in Sheol in complete peace if saved, Until The ressurection of the dead..

Everything is paraphrased but you can see every verse holds true.

Gotta leave behind modern thinking.

I do not support your teachings. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, Completed Israelite said:

I know everyone is of the belief that When they die they then goto Heaven. but there is no such verse in the Bible anywhere I can find. 

From what I've seen the promise is ...eventually,..Eternal Life on Earth, and then the New earth, But nothing says while a person is dead they ascend into the Heavens. 

There is no dead people in Heaven. 

But people of God while dead get true peace and rest, a state of repose. Until the ressurection of the dead. Then the reward of Eternal life. 

Are you sure? 

You sound so sure like some of the people I have met they do not know undertant what the disciples of Jesus Christ had understood and that Jesus Christ is sitting on the Heavenly Throne of the Judge of all... not that he will sit on the Throne of the Judge of all, but that he has been sited on that Throne and his judgement had began long time ago.

(Some people read a lot of books, and less of the important scriptures. 

And they see everything with the glasses they put on after the reading of a certain book).

We are judge as we live and the moment we die we appear before Jesus Christ..

If you are one of his own born from above...

What do you think without reading the opinion of anyone else...

What do you think will happen.  

As born from above what will happen to anyone who is born from above. 

What does it mean born from above?  

PS

I said above that when we die we appear before Jesus Christ....

The truth is that we are before him while we live when we represent our selves to him and say search me O' Lord or when we invite or expect the Holy Spirit to help us with what we need.. 

Even thought Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit knows everything about us and tries to help us without us asking or he is helping us in our ignorance and without asking...and not because the Holy Spirit from withing intercede for us, but because other people pray for us and from the unsolicited love our Savior from us. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Are you sure? 

You sound so sure like some of the people I have met they do not know undertant what the disciples of Jesus Christ had understood and that Jesus Christ is sitting on the Heavenly Throne of the Judge of all... not that he will sit on the Throne of the Judge of all, but that he has been sited on that Throne and his judgement had began long time ago.

(Some people read a lot of books, and less of the important scriptures. 

And they see everything with the glasses they put on after the reading of a certain book).

We are judge as we live and the moment we die we appear before Jesus Christ..

If you are one of his own born from above...

What do you think without reading the opinion of anyone else...

What do you think will happen.  

As born from above what will happen to anyone who is born from above. 

What does it mean born from above?  

The understanding I gained was in a search for truth about death, using Only scriptures without any previous indoctrination...The big part that's throwing people off is they believe dying is simply leaving the Body, basically just jumping from one life to the next...And that's not real death according to the Bible...The Bible is clear from the beginning on what man is...People say "we have a soul" the Bible said Man IS a Soul. And that soul is made living by the Spirit of Life that Belongs to God.  And man has to die, and that's not talking about flesh.

And when something dies that spirit of life returns to the one who gave it-Ecclisasties 

Then the souls of the dead get stored (we could say)  where they belong, wether thats abrahams bosom or the pit. (Both in Sheol)

And they are truly dead, but the Rightoues won't even taste death, it won't have any sting, Isaiah says they get rest, peace, state of repose...wich aligns with Lazor "Being comforted" in Abrahams Bosom, as you see in Luke. And rich man being in torment aligns with what Solomon said in Ecclisasties about the wicked have madness in Thier heart during life and after they goto the dead. 

This is actually one of the biggest points of the Good News(Gospel) is because thru Messiah we won't be forever held captive in Sheol, we know he's returning, and that When He does all of Israel(His ppl)will be resurrected- Ezekiel

And like I was saying Messiah raising from the dead wasn't the big deal, as he raised many other from the dead, but they died again...The amazing thing was he was Raised with a ETERNAL BODY! Proving we can truly live Forever. So we know it WILL truly happen to us on His return. 

The only book I read on this was the Bible. 

And as it says in James God never changes not even the shadow of a change, as he had a plan from the beginning for His ppl to live eternally,,,"lest they eat from the tree of life and Live forever" 

Properly understanding  death will help people properly understand the great Gift of Eternal life. 

Halleluyah. 

I think it's John 3,13 says no man hath ascended into the heavens...acts said David has not ascended...

And we never really do, when HE returns we will be alive on This earth for 1000 years, truly alive again, just like now but wayyy better. And then after the 1000 years Then we enter the Kingdom with floors of see thru gold, and no death etc., And that's on The New Earth. Until then we will be greatly prvledged to enter into the Shalom(peace) of Abrahams Bosom.

What u mentioned about born from above goes back to gan eden...And when Eve was called "The mother of all living"

But it's appointed for all men to die once, and dying is going to Sheol. Not leaving the flesh and jumping from one life into another.

No dead people go into "Heaven" that's why no verses not even one says that. 

Edited by Completed Israelite

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

5 hours ago, keet said:

I believe that we will be resurrected and go to the new earth, and agree that the Bible does not say that we will go to Heaven.  However, if I am at a funeral and someone familiar with the deceased says, 'She's happy in Heaven now', I probably won't argue and say something like "Actually, she's still dead right now and 'sleeping', but some time in the future she'll be resurrected and go to the perfect restored new earth."  I'll just agree because it's close enough.  It's an unfortunate misconception that many Christians have, but it's far from the worst.

Hey!  keet...   PTL!!!

There will be no soul sleep after we die and are present with the Lord; and here's why:

Heb 11 talks about those who were faithful during their time on the earth.  Verses 39 and 40 of Heb 11 in summation tells us, "And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

Heb 12:1 then says: "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."

If they were asleep, they cannot be witnesses! imo...  : )

glf

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, keet said:

I believe that we will be resurrected and go to the new earth, and agree that the Bible does not say that we will go to Heaven.  However, if I am at a funeral and someone familiar with the deceased says, 'She's happy in Heaven now', I probably won't argue and say something like "Actually, she's still dead right now and 'sleeping', but some time in the future she'll be resurrected and go to the perfect restored new earth."  I'll just agree because it's close enough.  It's an unfortunate misconception that many Christians have, but it's far from the worst.

Yea same here, I agree 100%. That would really be messed up haha