choir loft

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

So Keras ... you do fit into the system of interpretation called futurism ... I suspected you did.

The luxury of futurism is that they can predict whatever they wish ... as long as it never comes to pass, how can they be proven wrong ... it is always "going to happen".

It was Sir Isaac Newton (who wrote more on Bible prophecy than his scientific studies) said ... we are not to become prophets (a form of futurism) but rather, to  recognize the event when it comes to pass (historicism).    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,640
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, canada said:

It was Sir Isaac Newton (who wrote more on Bible prophecy than his scientific studies) said ... we are not to become prophets (a form of futurism) but rather, to  recognize the event when it comes to pass (historicism).  

I agree. We can speculate all we want but the only way to know the truth of the prophecy is when it comes to pass. 

"And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him." Deut 18

I imagine the realization of that prophecy of the Lord will be apparent and indisputable when it occurs.

Of course we can know much about what is coming long before it happens eg., the antichrist, rapture, Jesus, et al.

Maybe this is where we go wrong. We know some things about prophecy with great assurance, then we think we know all things about prophecy with equal assurance. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,694
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

21 hours ago, canada said:

So Keras ... you do fit into the system of interpretation called futurism ... I suspected you did.

The luxury of futurism is that they can predict whatever they wish ... as long as it never comes to pass, how can they be proven wrong ... it is always "going to happen".

Why then does Revelation 1:1 say: This is the Revelation of Jesus ....so He may show His servants what will take place....

Also Amos 3:7 Indeed the Lord does nothing without revealing His plans to His servants. 

Your rejection of plainly stated prophecy, that informs us what to expect, just leaves you in the dark.  1 Thess 5:1-11

The 'futurism' that I promote, is purely what the Prophetic Word, about a quarter of the Bible, plainly tells us. 

That you and many reject it, or cannot understand it, is because of belief in the many false theories around today. 

Keras ... regarding "interpretation" you stated in part ... "That you (canada) and many reject it, or cannot understand it, is because of belief in the many false theories around today."

Most futurist are looking for the excitement and sensationalism of hyper literal interpretation.  I do not know, but might you be among those?

Or, are you among the victors over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name? Rev 15:3.  If so, you would be among those of historicism.

Those victors sing the Song of Moses (Deut 32) ... part of your answer will be found in the lyrics of that song.

Also, the rider on the first white horse with crown and bow was fulfilled in recent years.  Rev 6:2.

Did you recognize it, or are you still expecting that to be a future event?

18 hours ago, canada said:

Keras ... regarding "interpretation" you stated in part ... "That you (canada) and many reject it, or cannot understand it, is because of belief in the many false theories around today."

Most futurist are looking for the excitement and sensationalism of hyper literal interpretation.  I do not know, but might you be among those?

Or, are you among the victors over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name? Rev 15:3.  If so, you would be among those of historicism.

Those victors sing the Song of Moses (Deut 32) ... part of your answer will be found in the lyrics of that song.

Also, the rider on the first white horse with crown and bow was fulfilled in recent years.  Rev 6:2.

Did you recognize it, or are you still expecting that to be a future event?

Isaiah 29:9-12 says that if people confuse themselves by believing false theories and doctrines, then they will be locked into them and become incapable of understanding the truth. 

My task is to promote what the Prophets told us. It IS sensational and very scary, but remember what happened in Noah's time. Jesus warns us that the end time events will be similar. Matthew 24:37-39

The appearance of the 'beast' and his mark, etc, are still future. 

All four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and the 5th Seal were opened at Jesus Ascension in 33 AD.  We have had all the wars, famines and plagues, plus the millions of Christian martyrs. 

What I expect is that the Bible prophesies will be literally fulfilled. The metaphors can be easily explained by modern knowledge.   If what the Bible tells us is not going to happen; then how much of the Bible is fiction? 

All my articles explaining the Prophetic Word are free to read on my website. Look at the sequence of events there. 

So much for your interpretation of the victors singing the Song of Moses ... and the rider on the first white horse with crown and bow.  I have nothing further to say to you, other than:

Blessings brother.

The truth about our future:

Jeremiah 33:1-3 The Word of the Lord came to Jeremiah while he was imprisoned. The Lord says: If you call to Me, I will answer and tell you of great and mysterious things that you are unaware of.

Jeremiah prophesied to the House of Judah, many years after the House of Israel was taken into exile by the Assyrians. He foretold how things would be after the Babylonian conquest of Judah, but this was not completely fulfilled then or after the Roman conquest of Judah in 70-135 AD.

Jeremiah 33:4-5 & 10 The houses of this city and the great buildings of Judah which are now destroyed by the sword of judgement, will be filled with dead bodies. They are those slain by the Lord Himself, because He has turned away from them. The Lord says: See this Land, now in ruins and devoid of people and animals.

This is not fulfilled as yet. Jer. 9:10-11, Isaiah 4:3-6, Ezekiel 30:1-5

Ezekiel 21:14...swing the great sword of slaughter three times, whirling about Judah.

As Ezekiel says: there will be a triple fulfilment of the punishment of Judah. Two of these have happened, by Babylon and Rome but the next is ‘by the Lord Himself’, by the means of a coronal mass ejection, a sunstrike. Isaiah 30:26 This event is prophesied and graphically described over 100 times in the Bible, as ‘the terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath’. The entire Middle East will become ‘ruined and devoid of people and animals’. This was not the case with the two previous punishments. Ezekiel 6:14, Zephaniah 1:18, Zechariah 3:10

But for now, as we await this sudden and terrifying Day that the Lord will take action, we must:

Isaiah 35:3-4 Brace the arms that are limp, steady the knees that give way, say to the anxious: Be strong, fear not. Your God comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. Jeremiah 30:4-11, Zephaniah 3:16-20, Hebrews 10:37-39

Isaiah 35:5 THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.  Isaiah 29:24 The confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction. Isaiah 6:9-10

The truth about this coming event is not generally known among believers. The reason is due to beliefs in false theories, Isaiah 29:9-12, or a lack of interest in prophecy.  They remain ‘in the dark’ about what will happen. 2 Thess. 5:1-11 Only during or after it happens, will understanding be given to all those who have been unable to comprehend the Prophetic Word. They will say: It was there; in plain language, but I couldn’t see it!

Soon after that, many prophesies say how the holy Land will be regenerated;

Jeremiah 33:6-9 In this Land, will be heard once more the sounds of joy and gladness, of  weddings and celebrations. People will shout: Praise the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever’, as they offer thanksgiving in the House of the Lord. By the Word of the Lord: In this place and in all its towns, now ruined and cleared of all peoples and animals, flocks and herds will once more graze. My people will receive all the blessings that I have promised to them. Ezekiel 36:8-12, Amos 9:13-15

Isaiah 35:10 The Lord’s people, set free, will come back and enter Zion with shouts of triumph, with great joy and singing praises to their God. Suffering and sorrow will flee away.  Zechariah 9:16-17, Romans 9:24-26

Great are the promises the Lord has made to His faithful Christian people. We will indeed ‘sing praises to the Lord’, when we are settled into our inheritance.  The House of the Lord: the third Temple will be built in Jerusalem.        

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, Josheb said:

Me too. I read those books before I was a believer in Christ as both Lord and Savior and carried that view with me well into my Christian walk. It was only through the faithfulness of another brother in Christ walking through the scriptures with me that I realized the paucity of that view. 

Daniel 9 is most definitely about Christ, but is it about the incarnation or some subsequent event? Verse 25 would seem to indicate the former, not the latter. 

Yep. Sadly, most futurists don't realize Darbyism and SDAism arose during the same period of time with very similar views and were just two of many sects that arose during that period in western Christendom. The "restoration" movements of the early to mid-1800s were not restorative. They instead further fractured the Church, doing exactly the opposite of both their stated goals purported efforts. These groups include (but are not limited to) the SDA, the Brethren, the CoC, JWs, and LDS). Each group claimed to be the true Church, each group claimed to have the true way of understanding scripture, each group claimed to be a return to true Christianity, each group indicted the existing Church, each group scapegoated either the whole or some aspect of institutional Christianity, each group was apocalyptic, and..... each group ended up forming new denominations that further divided the Church and eventually became their own..... institutions! Every single one of them also departed from long- and well-established Christian thought, doctrine, and practice in some way (or many ways). Every single one of them stand as an example of hypocrisy because they ended up manifesting that which they originally purported to disdain. 

Never in the history of the Church has there been such a unique manifestation of hypocrisy as that found in the restoration movement(s). 

But, in spite of that inanity, the gospel has continued and the Church has continued flourished. 

But I have to say, given the facts of history, Dispensationalists have little ground upon which to justly criticize other sects. The same, ironically, holds true of any SDA (or CoC) imagining they have grounds for criticism. They should each look first to their own log before others' logs or specks.

Well stated Josheb ... very informative.