• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1998

This post is on the subject of intercession prayer by means of healing. I have two questions.

If I ask people that I will pray for them, then after I pray to god properly and confirm to the person that I have prayed for them, is this good?

Also, after patiently waiting, to confirm if God had heard my prayer, is it good for me to tell that person In which I prayed for, that God has answered my prayer?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

11 minutes ago, Cory Henry said:

This post is on the subject of intercession prayer by means of healing. I have two questions.

If I ask people that I will pray for them, then after I pray to god properly and confirm to the person that I have prayed for them, is this good?

Also, after patiently waiting, to confirm if God had heard my prayer, is it good for me to tell that person In which I prayed for, that God has answered my prayer?

I think it depends on your motive.  The whole point of healing and praying for people is that God should get the glory for what happens and  sometimes  in addition, it could also be an encouragement (but that is a bonus). So if you tell them with the intention of glorifying God  for what happened then it's all good. It may even boost your faith and their faith.  But if you do it so the person will be pleased with you, then you should think again. 

My two cents that hopefully makes sense.

Edited by Henry_iain
Fixing some things.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Cory Henry said:

I pray for people and then put it in the hands of God 100% and then let it go. God's will be done. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I don't know.

What I do know is that twice, I've prayed for healing for someone. For one, the next day, he told me that he'd been healed during the night, and he apologised for not mentioning it in his sermon. The second time was on a missionary trip. Six months later, my wife went to the same place, and the chap said he'd been healed - he didn't need surgery and had had no pain since I prayed.

Both times, I felt nothing. Both times, they just thanked me politely and we moved on.

I've sometimes prayed for people and they've been healed either on the spot or pretty soon. But that's rare. Most times, I pray. just to be obedient. (I only pray for healing when I believe the Lord tells me to).

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, Cory Henry said:

As for your second question, God hears all prayers - that doesn't mean he's answered them. Sometimes it takes time for the Lord to answer a prayer, because you might not understand the answer till you've learned some things.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, Cory Henry said:

Not sure I understand your first question, but it is good to pray for people, and there is no harm letting them know you have prayed for them, as far as I know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I often pray for the person aloud at the time they tell me the problem.  Quite often I ask God to take away the pain, the fear and give them peace as well.   Moreover, I pray that God be glorified through it all.  Then I leave it in God's hands.  He is the One who heals.   

Often people ask me to pray for other needs such as emotional, food clothing & shelter, or financial.  I pray for their NEEDS, not their greed.   Then I pray for God's will to be done in their lives.  Often I pray for a person's salvation and never tell them I am praying for them.  Corrie tenBoom told of learning decades later that a person she had prayed for had been saved.  My husband was saved after my praying silently for 4 years.

I rarely desire to know the outcome because I don't want the glory which belongs to God.  It is a blessing should God reveal it to me.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

My wife and I have been praying for the salvation of our parents and siblings for well over 30 years. We continue to trust.

• Praying! 1