• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

I understand that we each have the Holy Spirit for how Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd & Friend guides us through and by His words as no lie can be of the truth.

I appreciate that you take the time to respond...this is commendable that could be an indication that you want to established yourself in the truth, that you are open to redirection.

This is a biblical truth because it is said that "we will know the truth and the truth will set us free from some misunderstanding or from some misconception.

If this is the case this is also truth for me...

About the last sentence in your paragraph above.."that Jesus guides through and by his word."  

That statement needs to be clarified, to elaborate a little to make it clear in a way that it has a single meaning because as it is more than one meaning can be gradited to it...so if you please elaborate to show a specific meaning so a reader can say "Anen" and be able to relay your thoughts when you wrote those words correctly to someone else.

"As no lie can be of the truth" this is a very difficult statement...

If I consider the sentence before that which about Jesus I know that Jesus speaks the truth whether or not someone else may see it as the truth or not...or eventually will...

"No lie can be of the truth " it remains to be seen what is the truth...and what it is not.

Sometimes we can find that in the Bible...when we have the words of Jesus recorded in the Bible that said "if you do not believe in me "you will be in your sins".

If someone repeats what Jesus said out side the context he will be incorrect. 

If Jesus said that within a specific context then the context has to be hilighted when we repeat the words of Jesus who are correct within the specific context and incorrect out of the specific context...

The context will determine when what Jesus said it is absolute for all sircumstances without exceptions.. or where exceptions are present and it is subject to conditional presidents.

In the present example that statement it is truth for someone like the people Jesus was speaking to who knew about the promise Messiah and who had witnessed what Jesus was doing about the miracles and he also knew about the prophetic , the words of the prophets and the prophetic events in the volume of the book and also were people who had the forgiveness of their sins under the Atonement done in the Temple. 

Because it was truth that the people Jesus said those words had forgiveness of sins at the time Jesus told them those words.

What Jesus told them was that "if you do not believe in me you will die in your sins".

That is something in the future after they will have the chance to hear the Gospel from the disciples and while the Holy Spirit will be there to resonate to them the words of the Gospel and that it should be after the day of Pentecost...and the words of Jesus also included that they had all the time to believe in him till the time of their death...

Initially they may not believe but the invitation to believe is valid till the time of their death because they may as most of the people believe later on in their life. 

4 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

But @LiveWire contention is against saying that the Bible is completed as if further revelation & edification will be coming and yet fail to show by scriptures how that is even a practice for the churches to perform to add to the N.T.

For our walk with the Lord, our edification and chastening may come for those that trust Jesus Christ in being their Good Shepherd & Friend to follow Him and that can include which Bible version to rely on for the "meat " of His words to discern good & evil by as other modern Bibles have changed the message this removed the meat.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I appreciate that you take the time to respond...this is commendable that could be an indication that you want to established yourself in the truth, that you are open to redirection.

This is a biblical truth because it is said that "we will know the truth and the truth will set us free from some misunderstanding or from some misconception.

If this is the case this is also truth for me...

Sometimes, we may have accepted error as taught by the church or a favorite teacher or pastor or a phenomenon by an outward sign that we are unable at that time to receive discernment & correction from the Lord, because we cannot fathom that we are being led astray by that which we place our trust in when our trust should be only in the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Good Shepherd.

It is in such a time when a saved believer may be able to receive that discernment & correction when he finds himself at wits' end to be open to His words to be pruned of that which he had taken at face value without ever questioning it.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

About the last sentence in your paragraph above.."that Jesus guides through and by his word."  

That statement needs to be clarified, to elaborate a little to make it clear in a way that it has a single meaning because as it is more than one meaning can be gradited to it...so if you please elaborate to show a specific meaning so a reader can say "Anen" and be able to relay your thoughts when you wrote those words correctly to someone else.

Whatever the Spirit says or does it is from the Lord Jesus Christ now that He has ascended, serving as the Spirit of Christ to glorify the Son of God as the Christ.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Before while the incarnated Jesus was on earth, the Holy Ghost served as the Spirit of the Father when Jesus sent out the 12 to preach to Israel the gospel of the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Now that Jesus has scended is why all power has been given unto Him for why the Spirit will defer all glory to the Son for the words spoken as well as any answers to prayers.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth..... 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me..... 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

"As no lie can be of the truth" this is a very difficult statement...

If I consider the sentence before that which about Jesus I know that Jesus speaks the truth whether or not someone else may see it as the truth or not...or eventually will...

"No lie can be of the truth " it remains to be seen what is the truth...and what it is not.

Sometimes we can find that in the Bible...when we have the words of Jesus recorded in the Bible that said "if you do not believe in me "you will be in your sins".

If someone repeats what Jesus said out side the context he will be incorrect. 

If Jesus said that within a specific context then the context has to be hilighted when we repeat the words of Jesus who are correct within the specific context and incorrect out of the specific context...

The context will determine when what Jesus said it is absolute for all sircumstances without exceptions.. or where exceptions are present and it is subject to conditional presidents.

In the present example that statement it is truth for someone like the people Jesus was speaking to who knew about the promise Messiah and who had witnessed what Jesus was doing about the miracles and he also knew about the prophetic , the words of the prophets and the prophetic events in the volume of the book and also were people who had the forgiveness of their sins under the Atonement done in the Temple. 

Because it was truth that the people Jesus said those words had forgiveness of sins at the time Jesus told them those words.

What Jesus told them was that "if you do not believe in me you will die in your sins".

That is something in the future after they will have the chance to hear the Gospel from the disciples and while the Holy Spirit will be there to resonate to them the words of the Gospel and that it should be after the day of Pentecost...and the words of Jesus also included that they had all the time to believe in him till the time of their death...

Initially they may not believe but the invitation to believe is valid till the time of their death because they may as most of the people believe later on in their life. 

In any rightly dividing the word of truth, those who trust the Lord Jesus Christ to be their personal Good Shepherd need not fear for He will do a very good job.  We may not receive the reproof at the time when we are refusing to discern the phenomenon or the pastor or what the church is teaching or some famous teacher on Youtube, & the media, but those who trust the Lord will open their eyes to prove all things by Him and the meat of His words as kept in the KJV of which only He can confirm that truth to you and anyone else.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

But @LiveWire contention is against saying that the Bible is completed as if further revelation & edification will be coming and yet fail to show by scriptures how that is even a practice for the churches to perform to add to the N.T.

You really don't have a clue to what I said.  When I see you daily misuse and miss say what I posted, I wonder to myself, if this guy can't understand Me, NO WAY can he understand God's Holy Word!

I said, the completion of the Bible, is not the Perfect to Come, Paul, spoke about in 1 Cor 13, and over 50 Church Fathers, many who were PRESENT when the Apostles and Paul lived, VERIFY, that Paul meant, the Perfect to Come, how I see DIMLY NOW but will SEE the PERFECTION in Time, is when we see Jesus, as He truly is.

People, think Jesus, is a Son, He ain't NO SON!

He played a Role!

He is the WORD, first and foremost.

And people only got to see His human side.

One Day though, we will get to see His GOD Side, the PERFECT to COME!

We will get to see Jesus as Full Transfigured, Peter only saw a Partial Transfiguration, as did Moses on Sinia, but we will get to SEE the COMPLETE PERFECT Transfiguration of What Jesus truly is!

The WORD!

Edited by LiveWire

1 hour ago, LiveWire said:

You really don't have a clue to what I said.  When I see you daily misuse and miss say what I posted, I wonder to myself, if this guy can't understand Me, NO WAY can he understand God's Holy Word!

I said, the completion of the Bible, is not the Perfect to Come, Paul, spoke about in 1 Cor 13, and over 50 Church Fathers, many who were PRESENT when the Apostles and Paul lived, VERIFY, that Paul meant, the Perfect to Come, how I see DIMLY NOW but will SEE the PERFECTION in Time, is when we see Jesus, as He truly is.

People, think Jesus, is a Son, He ain't NO SON!

He played a Role!

He is the WORD, first and foremost.

And people only got to see His human side.

One Day though, we will get to see His GOD Side, the PERFECT to COME!

We will get to see Jesus as Full Transfigured, Peter only saw a Partial Transfiguration, as did Moses on Sinia, but we will get to SEE the COMPLETE PERFECT Transfiguration of What Jesus truly is!

The WORD!

I'll drop the issue of your use of the completion of the Bible only because readers can go back and reread what you & I have posted for how things can get side tracked to something else entirely.

Jesus did not play a role when He addressed the God in Heaven as Father and He taught us to pray Our Father who are in Heaven....

And at His water baptism, not only did the holy spirit alighted on Him like a dove, but the Father spoke from heaven declaring Him His son Whom He is well pleased.

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Scriptures had testified of Jesus Christ as the God men had seen in the O.T. before His incarnation as the Son of man to give His life as a ransom for many.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 7 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

It was not the Father they had seen in the O.T.

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Anyway, we grow each day learning more of the Lord Jesus Christ and we can never stop learning until one day we see Him face to face to know all things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

read church fathers

• Praying! 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

read church fathers

I forgot who but one of the early church fathers ( not referring to the ones in the N.T. ) had said that because they were speaking in tongues still, it was a sign that they were still keeping the doctrines within the Church.  Not.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

So speaking in tongues does not mean it is a sign or proof that the church is still keeping the doctrines or the truth within her.

Just as tongues do not serve as a sign that you have the Holy Spirit and therefore you are saved.

Just as tongues do not serve as a sign that someone is being called into the ministry as Joyce Meyers had applied that event to mean or to prove.

Jesus warned believers/seekers not to seek to receive Him by a sign.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Just conveying that we are to prove all things by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good shepherd & friend to help us to follow Him so as to abstain from all appearances of evil and prove that which is good, but not by a sign, but by the Word of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

25 Brethren, pray for us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

@LiveWire Hebrews 1.8: "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom", quoting from Psalm 45.6.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

13 hours ago, farouk said:

@LiveWire Hebrews 1.8: "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom", quoting from Psalm 45.6.

Okay.  What is your point?  How does this relate to the OP subject: "how to authentically speak in tongues"?