• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

Source or link?

Some say when you divide the 66 Books in half, you would get to this verse.

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

But some sites disagree and debunked it supposedly as being that half way verse.

Numbers are not really any confirmation for us to go by for the word of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit in us is.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

So trust Jesus Christ to be your personal Good Shepherd & Friend today and let no one offer any invitation to the "Holy Spirit" when He has been in us since the calling of the gospel when we had first believed in Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

You have never seen a real Hebrew Tanakh before?   You require proof it exist?   You claim to be knowledgeable about the Bible but don't even know about the most authentic original Version of the Old testament on record?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

Even if we say the Bible is closed cannon.

What exists is supportive of tongues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Which is true because Paul tells us the Perfect to Come is when we see Jesus as Who He truly is.   So closed or open, it does not change what Paul said.   He now see's Jesus Dimly but one day He will get to see the Perfection of Him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

On 5/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, farouk said:

@ChristB4us Ppl sometimes think their utterances are from God whereas it's not true at all...............

We do need to stick to what the Scriptures say.

Speaking in tongues is a gift given by God to whomever He chooses.  I am one of those people and am thankful for His gift.  It is of no concern to me if people accept that He gave me that gift or not.  I speak in tongues almost daily, but in private.  I don't show off my gift.

• This is Worthy 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, LiveWire said:

Is Revelation Completed?  Every Prophecy?

Well what do you think of this warning in Revelation?

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Of course, this applies to the Book of Revelation, but Jesus charging the apostle John to write of those future event as well as issue the warnings to those 5 out of 7 churches to repent or else and issue exhortations to hold fast or else to the 2 good churches out of 7, one would have to believe that ... that was all Jesus wanted to know.

As that was all we needed to know.

The official first Pope of Rome, Pope Clement, had written his first epistles to the Corinthians and although it is a hard read for why he was writing to them, he had quoted so much scripture to brow beat the church into ceasing from jealousy and give to his collectors from Rome a portion of the bounty from each church service.

You can see why that epistle is not considered scripture even though he pretty much made the majority of that epistles a quotes from scripture to brow beat them into giving in to extortion by the word of God to cover up his covetousness.

Prety much the same for the rest of the lost books of the Bible as not considered scripture if it has any verse in it that runs against the accepted scripture of the Books of the O.T. & N.T. Bible.

3 hours ago, LiveWire said:

You have never seen a real Hebrew Tanakh before? 

Nope.

You require proof it exist?

No.  I would like to look at it free on line is all.  Do you have a link or not?

You claim to be knowledgeable about the Bible but don't even know about the most authentic original Version of the Old testament on record?

Dubious claim when Jews have changed the scripture to keep Christians from winning Jews to Christ from the O.T. scripture like the Jew, Apollo was doing about the Lord after becoming a believer in Jesus Christ.

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.  25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. 

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace: 28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

What we see scripture testifying of Jesus in the O.T. of the prophecies, you may see a different version in the Jews kept Bible version of the O.T. .  I have.  I find it hard to share scripture with them when they claim that is not what was written in their Bible and they show it too.  Most annoying, but Jesus did say that those who do not love Him will not keep His words and so that can apply to that as well as modern Bibles today.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Not for private use, it does not.

Scripture cannot go against scripture for why the lost books of the Bible are not considered scripture.

So somebody is not rightly dividing the word of truth when 1 Corinthians 12:4-21 KJV testifies that none of those gifts are for private use as if that member has no need of any other member of the body of Christ of that assembly.

So tongue speakers for private use are not applying Paul's words right in 1 Corinthians 14th chapter but taking verses our of context as if to show how cool tongues is for private use when in fact Paul was exhorting believers that if they seek a spiritual gift, to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gift in that verse one.

1 Corinthians 14:1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 

Notice how "wherefore.." in verse 13 connects verse 12?  This is about the church.

Tongue users take verse 13-14 out of context as if Paul is praying in tongues when this is about Paul teaching others that while the Holy Spirit is manifesting tongues, they are to pray for an interpretation because until that tongue is interpreted, it is not understood by the tongue speaker and that tongue is unfruitful to himself and the church does not receive its edification either.

It is not the Holy Spirit praying in tongues, but Paul is praying for an interpretation in that assembly while the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.

And if the tongue speaker is not edified until he understands it after having been interpreted, then tongues for private use does NOT align with 1 Corinthians 12:4-21 because it is not for private use.

Paul gave the bottom line on tongues here.

1 Corinthians 14:16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? 17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. 18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

Below is Paul bracing the readers for this bottom line on tongues below.

20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 

Here is the bottom line on what God's gift of tongues are for.

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

Tongues were never serving as a sign to believers or to sinners that they had received the baptism with the Holy Ghost.

Tongues only serve as a sign to those that do not believe.

22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

So what happens when believers and sinners look for that baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues as promoted ever since Azusa Street Revival?

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

They are committing spiritual adultery against the Bridegroom by allowing the spirit of the antichrist to come in between them & Jesus Christ to be the means in praying to God out loud in gibberish nonsense which God is not the author of that confusion at all.

Ask yourself if He leads you to prophesy in words you understand to minister to others, why gibberish nonsense when praying to God?

Some rationalize that so that the devil does not know what the Holy Spirit prayed for to interfere with that prayer. 

Get real.  Jesus might as well say not to pray out loud les the devil know what we are praying for, but He did not.

God's gift of tongues is for Jesus to speak unto us through the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Christ whereas Jesus Christ is the only way to come to God the Father by.  Our own response is to the Bridegroom.  No one else can speak for us to the Bridegroom.  How and why else would He say I never knew ye if we climb up another way in coming to God the Father by?

Shun that tongue for private use and pray normally because Jesus is the Christ as we are to come to God the Father by the only way provided and that is through His Son.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I thought THIS might be helpful. Located in the videos section.

On 5/12/2023 at 1:00 PM, ChristB4us said:

Well what do you think of this warning in Revelation?

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Of course, this applies to the Book of Revelation, but Jesus charging the apostle John to write of those future event as well as issue the warnings to those 5 out of 7 churches to repent or else and issue exhortations to hold fast or else to the 2 good churches out of 7, one would have to believe that ... that was all Jesus wanted to know.

As that was all we needed to know.

The official first Pope of Rome, Pope Clement, had written his first epistles to the Corinthians and although it is a hard read for why he was writing to them, he had quoted so much scripture to brow beat the church into ceasing from jealousy and give to his collectors from Rome a portion of the bounty from each church service.

You can see why that epistle is not considered scripture even though he pretty much made the majority of that epistles a quotes from scripture to brow beat them into giving in to extortion by the word of God to cover up his covetousness.

Prety much the same for the rest of the lost books of the Bible as not considered scripture if it has any verse in it that runs against the accepted scripture of the Books of the O.T. & N.T. Bible.

That stipulation is strictly for Revelation.   Interesting to see how you choose to use it.