• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/12/2021 at 3:27 AM, Logostician said:

It takes Jesus to conquer this world, and the prince of this world.  An when he returns on a white horse, wearing many crowns, he will defeat everyone who opposes him, and reign openly forever.  You can call it conquering or just claiming what has always been his.  He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  There is no other.  Every knee will bow to him.  Even those who have chosen the lake of fire will acknowledge his power.  And this will be the destiny of people who seek power through any means in this world without acknowledging the ultimate power of Jesus Christ.

I posed the question badly. Apologies.  I was thinking on 'the world being deceived' before the return of Christ.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 1/12/2021 at 11:27 PM, Logostician said:

It takes Jesus to conquer this world, and the prince of this world.  An when he returns on a white horse, wearing many crowns, he will defeat everyone who opposes him, and reign openly forever.  You can call it conquering or just claiming what has always been his.  He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  There is no other.  Every knee will bow to him.  Even those who have chosen the lake of fire will acknowledge his power.  And this will be the destiny of people who seek power through any means in this world without acknowledging the ultimate power of Jesus Christ.

Yes, the faith position of Christians puts them beyond conquest by Satan and his cohort. Not so the world, meaning unregenerate humanity, prior to the final incarceration of Satan to the lake of fire.

Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

I find it interesting that the literal meaning of the name Nicolaitan is "people conqueror". No wonder our Lord hates the deeds of the Nicolaitans. . .

Rev 2:6  But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

. . . and hates the doctrine of the Nicolaitans.

Rev 2:15  So have you also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

16 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Which part would you like to discuss?  

None.

I was making a point, showing that when acts was written the number of Christians was in the few tens of thousands compare to the millions of pagans in the population and when today is looked at there isn't much difference.

Both societies were/are hostile to Christianity and to Christians.

Want to know God's will/plan etc.

Very simple, live as a Christian showing the same sacrifical love as Jesus showed to those who hated him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Love conquers all (1 Corinthians 13)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

Love conquers all (1 Corinthians 13)

JohnD.gif.d576c300a7979a0eec4af13a544061c3.gif What page are you on?

21 hours ago, Who me said:

None.

I was making a point, showing that when acts was written the number of Christians was in the few tens of thousands compare to the millions of pagans in the population and when today is looked at there isn't much difference.

Both societies were/are hostile to Christianity and to Christians.

Want to know God's will/plan etc.

Very simple, live as a Christian showing the same sacrifical love as Jesus showed to those who hated him.

What do you mean?

On 1/13/2021 at 4:47 PM, Michael37 said:

Yes, the faith position of Christians puts them beyond conquest by Satan and his cohort. Not so the world, meaning unregenerate humanity, prior to the final incarceration of Satan to the lake of fire.

Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

I find it interesting that the literal meaning of the name Nicolaitan is "people conqueror". No wonder our Lord hates the deeds of the Nicolaitans. . .

Rev 2:6  But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

. . . and hates the doctrine of the Nicolaitans.

Rev 2:15  So have you also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

If that were true then why would Jesus tell us 'do not be deceived'?  Would He give us such a warning if it were not possible?  

How much "hearing"  is necessary to arrive to the "faith position".   Not sure how to ask what I am really asking  but it close to this.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

What do you mean?

Just how willing were Jews, and a pagan world to accept a belief that turned there world view upside down?

How willing is a modern pagan world willing to accept a belief system that turns how they view the world, upside down?

Can you say what difference there is between Rome of the first century to say new York, la, or London today?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 1/8/2021 at 2:26 AM, DeighAnn said:

What ELSE is needed to be under ones control to rule the entire world besides?

Financial - money, food, land, shipping, luxury

Educational - what is taught, not taught, and given "to be made know" be it truth or not

Political - kingdoms/kings, armies, enforcement, laws

Worship - Religion

- Create division among nations and people. Divide and conquer.

- Create deception, so no one can discern the truth.

- Persecute people who knows the truth.

- Create chaos and fear. No one wants to live in chaos and fear.

- Create a system that you can track, monitor and control people easily through digital identities and AI.

- Create a false hope, so people will give up everything just to have this false peace and security.

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wesley L said:

- Create division among nations and people. Divide and conquer.

- Create deception, so no one can discern the truth.

- Persecute people who knows the truth.

- Create chaos and fear. No one wants to live in chaos and fear.

- Create a system that you can track, monitor and control people easily through digital identities and AI.

- Create a false hope, so people will give up everything just to have this false peace and security.

And I am starting to think that "free speech" has got to go.  Thank you.  Good points.  

I am thinking that most of that is happening right now except the chaos and fear.  I think that will come about by the deadly wound.  It will send everyone in the world into a panic that way when it is healed and "peace and safety", albeit fake, are restored everyone who has not a vclue of what is really happening will quickly jump aboard.  

People right now believe in their "religions"  But let Satan start performing supernatural miracles and the such and I don't think it will take much more.  And if he is so good at deception, I think he will be able to make the world believe that they all had a part of truth.  He will be Allah and buddah and I don't know any others but I am sure there are lots.