• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Once again you attempt to hoodwink with this change of definiton.

The Spirit is the Father... one minute...

then the Spirit is a detachable thing the Father can send...

Let me ask you this. Is the Spirit (according to what you believe) just a force, power, feeling?

The Spirit is GOD.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, popsthebuilder said:

The Spirit is GOD.

In totality?

Are you saying the Father and Jesus are only part of the Spirit?

That they answer to the Spirit?

They are accountable to the Spirit?

Is that what you are saying?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Just now, JohnD said:

In totality?

Are you saying the Father and Jesus are only part of the Spirit?

That they answer to the Spirit?

They are accountable to the Spirit?

Is that what you are saying?

No sir. i am saying that GOD is Spirit. The Spirit that filled the Christ of GOD is the same Spirit.

Proverbs 27:14 (NASB95)
14 He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, It will be reckoned a curse to him.

1 minute ago, popsthebuilder said:

No sir. i am saying that GOD is Spirit. The Spirit that filled the Christ of GOD is the same Spirit.

Apparently we are not done. Fine.

God is Spirit (John 4:24).  This is referring to the nature of God. As is Colossians 1:15 stating that God is invisible.

But this is not stating that Father or Son are mere manifestations of the Spirit. Remember, before Jesus became a man (John 1:14)

he was God WITH God (John 1:1-2).

Jesus is not merely a man filled by the Spirit of God, Jesus IS God the Word in flesh (incarnate). 

Jesus is the lone Creator of everything created in the beginning (Isaiah 44:24 / John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Hebrews 1:2). 

• Well Said! 1

Colossians 1:13–16 (NASB95)
13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authoritiesall things have been created through Him and for Him.

Isaiah 44:24 (NASB95)
24 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

The Father didn't create by or through the Son. The Son (preincarnate) did it all by himself alone. The only thing recorded in scripture that the Father created was the human body Jesus (God the Word) would become:

John 1:14 (NASB95)
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.'

Hebrews 10:5 (NASB95)
5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, But a body You have prepared for Me;

Hebrews 1:5 (NASB95)
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?

The Spirit gave us the Word of God the Bible through the writing prophets:

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

If you are going to remove the individuality of anyone of the three who are the one God, you may as well do it to all three as the Sabellianists do through modalism. Only problem is, it keeps running into scriptures hat proves it wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

SPIRIT  OF  HIS  MOUTH 

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and  then shall that wicked be revealed whom  THE  LORD  shall consume with the --SPIRIT  OF  HIS  MOUTH-- and shall destroy with the brightness of  HIS  coming

REVELATION 2:8  and unto the angel of the church of smyrna write these things saith --THE  FIRST  AND  THE  LAST-- which was dead and is alive

--2:11-- he that hath an ear let him hear what the spirit saith unto the churches he that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death 

REVELATION 1:8  I  AM  ALPHA  AND  OMEGA  THE  BEGINNING  AND  THE  ENDING  SAITH  THE  LORD  -- WHICH  IS  AND  WHICH  WAS  AND  WHICH  IS  TO  COME  THE  ALMIGHTY 

REVELATION 21:6  AND  HE  SAID  UNTO  ME  IT  IS  DONE  I  AM  ALPHA  AND  OMEGA  THE  BEGINNING  AND  THE  END  I  WILL  GIVE  UNTO  HIM  THAT  IS  ATHIRST  OF  THE  FOUNTAIN  OF  THE  WATER  OF  LIFE  FREELY

JEREMIAH 2:13  for my people have committed two evils they have forsaken  ME  the fountain of living waters and hewed them out cisterns broken cisterns that can hold no water 

PSALM 36:9  for with thee is the fountain of life in thy light shall we see light

PSALM 119:130  the entrance of thy words giveth light it  giveth --UNDERSTANDING-- unto the simple

REVELATION 22:13  I  AM  ALPHA  AND  OMEGA  THE  BEGINNING  AND  THE  END  THE  FIRST  AND  THE  LAST 

REVELATION 2:18  and unto the angel of the church in thyatira write ---THESE  THINGS  SAITH  THE  SON  OF  GOD--- who hath eyes like unto a flame of fire and  HIS  feet are like fine brass

--2:26-- and he that overcometh ---AND  KEEPETH  MY  WORKS  UNTO  THE  END--- to him will  I  give power over the nations

--2:29-- he that hath an ear let him hear what the spirit saith unto the churches

REVELATION 3:14  and unto the angel of the church of laodiceans write these things saith the amen the faithful and true witness ---THE  BEGINNING  OF  THE  CREATION  OF  GOD---

COLOSSIANS 1:14  in whom we have redemption through  HIS  BLOOD  even the forgiveness of  sins    ----- 1:15-- WHO  IS  THE  IMAGE  OF  THE  INVISIBLE  GOD   ---  THE  FIRSTBORN  OF  EVERY  CREATURE ---

REVELATION 3:22  HE  THAT  HATH  AN  EAR  LET  HIM  HEAR  WHAT  THE  SPIRIT  SAITH  UNTO  THE  CHURCHES  

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Alive locked this topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

This has devolved to multiple members breaking the TOS and making personal attacks. Its locked until there is time to clean it up.

• Alive unlocked this topic