IGNORED

Does anyone know what the double slit experiment is? It might be pointing out that there is something greater than us.

pittsburghjoe

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Is it changing the message or is it looking at it from a different angle?

Edited by pittsburghjoe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I edited out a video the OP posted. Videos are only allowed in that section of the forum, so that they can first be looked at by a mod.

I also moved this thread to a more suitable area.

I agree that this sort of thinking is unfruitful, a distraction and more likely to appeal to the flesh than point to Christ.

"Christ and Him Crucified"--Paul learned an important lesson at Mars Hill.

God Himself chose the method and message for the Great Commission.

Yes, delete a video of a Catholic man trying to show God is light. Makes sense.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Yes, delete a video of a Catholic man trying to show God is light. Makes sense.

There is a section of this site where videos are allowed.  They are not allowed elsewhere on the site.   It is a practice we all follow. 

You can post a video in the appropriate section and then link to it in other threads.  That's what we all do.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Is it changing the message or is it looking at it from a different angle?

Using analogies is looking at it from a different angle.  Claiming old gnostic teachings (long rejected by the church) as absolute truth is changing the message.

The idea of using aspects of QM does gives nice analogies for explaining what omniscience or omnipresence is like.  I may use those myself some day.   This is looking at the message from a different angle.  It is similar to Jesus talking about the kingdom of God is like leaven, or a pearl, or a sower.  It uses things in the physical world to explain aspects of spiritual things in concrete easy to understand terms.  This can be a helpful thing.

In contrast, proclaiming science proves dualism (spiritual world good and material world bad) is basically restating something long rejected by the church and claiming it as absolute truth.  Those who accept dualism usually end up falling into teachings that explicitly oppose Christian teaching.  In this case, statements such as God is the EM Vector field are in essence rejecting God as Transcendent Creator and making Him something more akin to the eastern view of the universe being God.  Christian belief makes a clear distinction that God is not part of creation nor is creation part of God.  Trying to turn "God is Light" into a statement that God is somehow part of creation is moving well outside of the message the church believes.

Christian belief understands that saying "God is light" is an analogy describing one aspect of what God is like.  Non-christian belief might say that "Light is god".  That is what statements like "God is the EM Vector field" are doing.  This is changing the message of Christianity into something akin to eastern pantheism by saying God is part of nature and nature is part of God.  It is one thing to say that God can reach out and touch and change creation in some manner.  It is by far another to make God a part of creation.

Bottom line, this is not a helpful and fruitful teaching.  It is not bringing insight and a deeper understanding of the character and nature of God.  It is merely muddying the waters between God and His Creation.  It is not a profound new revelation or insight that is going to change the face of Christianity by ushering in a new understanding of God and creation.  It seems to mostly be a rehashing of millennia old ideas that the church has long rejected.

Light isn't a part of nature. It can never be physical. It doesn't have mass.

I'm well aware that this balance of Good and Evil is a trick of Satan to generate false god's and religions. We only have this view while were are here in this fallen reality. There won't be a balance after this is over.

You are being hypercritical for no reason.

28 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Light isn't a part of nature. It can never be physical. It doesn't have mass.

I'm well aware that this balance of Good and Evil is a trick of Satan to generate false god's and religions. We only have this view while were are here in this fallen reality. There won't be a balance after this is over.

You are being hypercritical for no reason.

The last sunburn I had felt pretty real to me.   Electromagnetic radiation is part of nature.  It's why microwave ovens work and why we wear sunglasses and why we can get radiation poisoning.   Statements like "Light isn't part of nature" do not point to the gospel, they obscure it by generating fruitless discussions over semantics such as what is the real definition of "light" and "nature".

Genesis 1 is explicit in including light in the list of created things.  Standard Christian understanding of Genesis 1 includes light as a part of creation and not something separate from it.   As near as I can tell, what is being said is something like this.  Creation consists of two parts, a spiritual world and a physical world.  The spiritual world is the good part of creation and the physical world is the fallen part.   Light is part of the spiritual world and not the physical world.   This is basically a retelling of old gnostic thought presented using terms from modern physics.

I'll be blunt.  After the second post or so, I could not tell if this thread is an attempt to troll us or is a sincerely held belief of a Christian.  I've proceeded on the basis of assuming the best and trying to help.  The core issue is ultimately that this belief is one which builds walls and reduces communication.  It is outside the mainstream of accepted Christian doctrine which will arouse suspicion and reduce credibility.  It essentially accuses scientists of not really understanding science which reduces credibility.  It in essence claims to have a special understanding of reality that most do not have.  Such claims need quite a bit to back them up other than repeating the same things over and over.  The question is this, is pushing this belief gaining credibility and allowing easier avenues to share the gospel?  Or is it creating distractions and debates trying to explain it?  And ultimately, is this belief focusing people's attention on the person of Jesus Christ and His atoning work, or is it a discussion that takes on a life of its own and never gets around to mentioning Christ?

Was there Wave-Particle duality before original sin?