IGNORED

Does water baptism precede regeneration?

Regenerated-Adult

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,685
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Arrabon said:

Absolutely beautiful... thank you, Charlie 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Many an opinion on the scriptures but I stand by my man Jesus who himself was water baptised and also baptised in the Holy Spirit.

Good enough for me. I am a disciple and so I follow my Master's example.

This is the template of obedience in accord with Acts 2: 38 to become a Pentecostal Christian:

Matthew 3:13  Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 
14  John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” 
15  But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fullfil all righteousness.” Then he consented. 
16  And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 
17  and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” 

Matthew 4:1  Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

And this is still happening today.

People hear the gospel preached to them, they respond hopefully towards repentance and desiring salvation > they get baptised in water confessing their faith in Jesus as Lord and Saviour for the remission of their sins (that is scripture) > they ask/seek for the gift of the Holy Spirit and when they are baptised in the Holy Spirit they do speak in a new tongue as Jesus promised. 

Then we become sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven and are led by the Spirit unto good works pleasing to God.

Stick to the programme.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Eternally Gratefull said:

if water baptism is an act required to earn salvation, then salvation is not a gift it is a reward or wage,

Water baptism is not done to earn salvation - one undergoes water baptism because God wants us to do this.

Water baptism is clearly explained in the scriptures as being done for the remissions [forgiveness] of our sins.

Death to our previous lives; burial (dead in Christ); and resurrection to a new life - a clean slate; our sins not remembered by God.

Then comes the need for baptism of the Holy Spirit to empower us to achieve this new life in Christ Jesus. 

Salvation is a promise that we look forward to and achieving through God: to either die in the Lord, or to be transformed and to rise up to meet the Lord in the air when he returns.

We do not obtain salvation on a particular day when we believed or whatever, but it is the first day of being saved and walking with God. A lifelong commitment that unfortunately many many Christians fail at. 

2Tim 4:6  For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 
4:7  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 

Edited by Waggles

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

45 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Many an opinion on the scriptures but I stand by my man Jesus who himself was water baptised and also baptised in the Holy Spirit.

Good enough for me. I am a disciple and so I follow my Master's example.

This is the template of obedience in accord with Acts 2: 38 to become a Pentecostal Christian:

Matthew 3:13  Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 
14  John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” 
15  But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fullfil all righteousness.” Then he consented. 
16  And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 
17  and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” 

Matthew 4:1  Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

And this is still happening today.

People hear the gospel preached to them, they respond hopefully towards repentance and desiring salvation > they get baptised in water confessing their faith in Jesus as Lord and Saviour for the remission of their sins (that is scripture) > they ask/seek for the gift of the Holy Spirit and when they are baptised in the Holy Spirit they do speak in a new tongue as Jesus promised. 

Then we become sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven and are led by the Spirit unto good works pleasing to God.

Stick to the programme.

You are speaking with doubts by the way you are trying to hold together what you do not want to admit. 

Why Judge faith in Jesus Christ. 

Peter did not preach that you are in your sins when you believe in Jesus Christ till you are baptized in water.

• Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Peter did not preach that you are in your sins when you believe in Jesus Christ till you are baptized in water.

BUT one does believe in Christ Jesus when they are baptised?

They publicly declare there faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ and his saving grace. Then when they come up from the waters of baptism they are forgiven their sins. It is in the scriptures.   

19 minutes ago, Waggles said:

They publicly declare there faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ and his saving grace. Then when they come up from the waters of baptism they are forgiven their sins. It is in the scriptures.   

This is your Gospel and your groups Gospel but not Peter's Gospel. 

• Well Said! 1

22 minutes ago, Waggles said:

You are baptizing believers in Jesus Christ who are in the righteousness of Jesus Christ the righteousness which is by faith in him.

they are in him they will never die.

They do not need to be resurrected because they are alive in him, they are not dead in him, Jesus Christ is the Life.

They can only be alive in him.

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You are baptizing believers in Jesus Christ who are in the righteousness of Jesus Christ the righteousness which is by faith in him.

they are in him they will never die.

They do not need to be resurrected because they are alive in him, they are not dead in him, Jesus Christ is the Life.

They can only be alive in him.

Romans 6:1  What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 
6:2  By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 
6:3  Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 
6:4  We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 
6:5  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 
6:6  We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 

Guest clancy
5 hours ago, Waggles said:

Water baptism is not done to earn salvation - one undergoes water baptism because God wants us to do this.

Water baptism is clearly explained in the scriptures as being done for the remissions [forgiveness] of our sins.

Death to our previous lives; burial (dead in Christ); and resurrection to a new life - a clean slate; our sins not remembered by God.

Then comes the need for baptism of the Holy Spirit to empower us to achieve this new life in Christ Jesus. 

Salvation is a promise that we look forward to and achieving through God: to either die in the Lord, or to be transformed and to rise up to meet the Lord in the air when he returns.

We do not obtain salvation on a particular day when we believed or whatever, but it is the first day of being saved and walking with God. A lifelong commitment that unfortunately many many Christians fail at. 

2Tim 4:6  For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 
4:7  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 

Many Christians fail at?.......what do you mean?

Waggles, can you also answer this question I asked of you please?

Edited by clancy