• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Can't tell from that verse who is getting the gifts. The people in Jerusalem which is what I think. Or the head leaders in Jerusalem which is what you think. Paul himself worked a job so he would not have to ask any of them for money.

Paul went to the Apostles in Jerusalem every time he entered the city after being away on a mission.  That is evident throughout scripture.  I am sure the Apostles in Jerusalem took care of their brothers and sisters as much as they could.

How Paul chose to work is all well, yet we are not told what the other Apostles did or did not do pertaining work, so here I will not assume they did or did not have jobs. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Paul went to the Apostles in Jerusalem every time he entered the city after being away on a mission.  That is evident throughout scripture.  I am sure the Apostles in Jerusalem took care of their brothers and sisters as much as they could.

How Paul chose to work is all well, yet we are not told what the other Apostles did or did not do pertaining work, so here I will not assume they did or did not have jobs. 

There is no doctrine taught to the Christian that giving money to the head church guy is Christian. The Scriptures teach to give and that God loves a cheerful giver. But it does not say who to give to. It's not a law or a tithe.

11 hours ago, Peterlag said:

There is no doctrine taught to the Christian that giving money to the head church guy is Christian. The Scriptures teach to give and that God loves a cheerful giver. But it does not say who to give to. It's not a law or a tithe.

It is in scripture.  You really need to study your bible more, especially Acts.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

It is in scripture.  You really need to study your bible more, especially Acts.

I'm done studying the Bible. I did that already.

2 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I'm done studying the Bible. I did that already.

You statement above clearly shows that you do not understand the fullness of His words to us, which are to be studied and followed for the rest of our life, not just one and then close the book, arrogantly believing you have full knowledge and understanding of scripture.

56 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You statement above clearly shows that you do not understand the fullness of His words to us, which are to be studied and followed for the rest of our life, not just one and then close the book, arrogantly believing you have full knowledge and understanding of scripture.

Why can't Christians ever complete the course? In all other books we read once or twice and study it a bit and then we are done. We graduate. Why the Christian can't ever finish the book is because they have never understood the subject in the first place. And when I guy like me says he has is when others say I have a fat head. Maybe I just understood it enough to be able to put it together.

I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32).

To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. Every word from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, is written for our learning. However, not all of the words from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, are addressed to us.

We must learn to distinguish not only the various people, but also the different time periods God has spoken to if we want to understand the written Word of God. The time God spoke to the children of Israel is not the same time period He has spoken to us. The time He spoke to the prophets in the time of the Old Testament is not the same time period He spoke to His Son Jesus Christ in the time of the gospels.

The different time periods in the Bible are called dispensations. The Greek word for “dispensation” is “oikonomia” meaning the act of administering. The word “o’kos” means house, and “nemo” means to dispense, to weigh or deal out, as a steward or housekeeper. Therefore, the word was used to manage or administrate a household. The word is used three times in Luke 16:2-4, where it's translated “stewardship.” In four other places it's translated “dispensation.” I like the word administration because it communicates very well with our current English language. We must understand these administrations have  different time periods in the Bible and each have their own beginning and their own ending—with the exception of the last one.

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

Isn't that all that is needed to understand the exchanges?

Only to those who are convinced they have all the answers.