• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/08/1967

Do you believe you van still actively tithe in the community if you are not a church member..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

If you choose to give 10%, then let it be in secret. I think the 'church' has promoted this idea to get rich. Give to those really in need, in secret.

Since we keep 90% I think giving is in line with God's flamboyant vitality. To bad the 'church' abrogated its responsibility to the state. We should be the ones supporting each other and not 'giving' so we can get a tax break.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Kristina said:

Do you believe you van still actively tithe in the community if you are not a church member..

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Kristina said:

Yes, you can. Whether you give a 10th of your income or just $20, let it be between you and the Lord. The community or the church you attend has nothing to do with it. I have one more thing to say regarding giving money if you expect the Lord to open the windows of heaven and give back more than you can contain. Don't expect that if you're unemployed or retired and there's no practical way He can do that. At my age and stage in life, I give compassion and I hope the Lord finds others to help me. I realized we don't all have money to spare, but we all have something we can give others. Maybe you can sew like a tailor, you probably know people who are in need of your skill, but do you care enough to help to help them? Maybe you're great at fixing things, a broken lamp, a door bell system that isn't working etc. Use this skill to help others. This is also a form of giving.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

4 hours ago, Kristina said:

As has already been said your giving to God, charity or any other cause is between you and God.

If a church makes tithing a condition of membership I would expect a very high level of openness in the annual church meeting about how that money is spent.

It follows no openness don't even attend such a church.

But why aren't you a member of a church?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

5 hours ago, Kristina said:

I'm a little thrown as to the reason for this question. 

The obvious answer is of course you can give to the needy in the community regardless of it being funneled through the church or not.

And as far as I know, all churches will happily take donations. 

Are,or have you been part of a church where the message was that tithing was mandatory to be in good standing with God? 

I don't want to read into your question too much but I get the feeling there is more to it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

I don't see a tithe in the New Testament. Paul took money from one town and gave it to another town. He did not keep the money. The closest thing to a tithe in the New Testament would be to give each other the money. Just don't ask you minister about this.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

2 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I don't see a tithe in the New Testament. Paul took money from one town and gave it to another town. He did not keep the money. The closest thing to a tithe in the New Testament would be to give each other the money. Just don't ask you minister about this.

The tithe in the New Testament is Jesus Christ. Not money, which belongs to Caesar (a type of antichrist), not God. Jesus said, give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

14 minutes ago, Don19 said:

The tithe in the New Testament is Jesus Christ. Not money, which belongs to Caesar (a type of antichrist), not God. Jesus said, give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.

The gospels are not the New Testament. God did not put that blank paper between the Old Testament and the Gospels that says New Testament. Men did that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, Kristina said:

2 Corinthinas 9: Let each one give [thoughtfully and with purpose] just as he has decided in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver [and delights in the one whose heart is in his gift]. (amp)

If someone is telling you that you are REQUIRED to tithe they are going against this scripture

If you want to tithe please go right ahead....but know one is making you, and God will not punish you if you decide to give differently