IGNORED

I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them...

Peterlag

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I don't know what SDA means.

Seventh Day Adventist

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

6 minutes ago, angeleyesGBU said:

Seventh Day Adventist

I don't know about SDA. What I do know is Ethelbert William Bullinger was an Anglican clergyman, biblical scholar, and ultradispensationalist theologian.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

But I believe God intended every word of scripture for the benefit of all his children.

This I agree with. You just have to have eyes to see it spiritually. And if you can see it, then the Old Testament quickly becomes very profitable to us today.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I don't know about SDA. What I do know is Ethelbert William Bullinger was an Anglican clergyman, biblical scholar, and ultradispensationalist theologian.

Ethelbert William Bullinger;

Other than ultradispensationalism, Bullinger had many unique views. For example, Bullinger argued that the death of Jesus occurred on a Wednesday, not a Friday, after Pilate had condemned him at the previous midnight,[17] and that Jesus was crucified on a single upright stake without crossbar[18] with four, not just two, criminals and that this last view was supported by a group of five crosses of different origins (all with crossbar) in Brittany (put together in the 18th century).[19]

Bullinger argued for mortality of the soul, the cessation of the soul between death and resurrection.[20] He did not express any views concerning the final state of the lost, but many of his followers hold to annihilationism.

Bullinger was a supporter of the theory of the Gospel in the Stars, which states the constellations to be pre-Christian expressions of Christian doctrine.[21][22][23][24] In his book Number in Scripture he expounded his belief in the gematria or numerology values of words in Scripture (names and terms), a concept of which the Encyclopædia Britannica says: "Numerology sheds light on the innermost workings of the human mind but very little on the rest of the universe."[25] He strongly opposed the theory of evolution[26] and held that Adam was created in 4004 BC.[27] He was a member of the Universal Zetetic Society, a group dedicated to believing and promoting the idea that the earth is flat,[28][29][30] and on 7 March 1905, he chaired a meeting in Exeter Hall, London, in which the flat earth theory was expounded.[31][32]

What is ultra-dispensationalism?

Question: "What is ultra-dispensationalism?"

Answer:
Ultra-dispensationalism, also known as hyper-dispensationalism/hyperdispensationalism (although some theologians draw fine distinctions between these terms), is the teaching that Paul’s message was unique from the other apostles’ and that the church did not begin until Acts 28 or later. For this reason, ultra-dispensationalism is sometimes called “post-Acts dispensationalism.”

To better understand what ultra-dispensationalism is, we should define dispensationalism. The word dispensation means “stewardship or administration,” and dispensationalism is simply a system of biblical interpretation that recognizes a distinction between the church (i.e., the body of Christ) and Israel. Dispensationalism carries with it the idea that, throughout the history of redemption, God has given man specific revelation and commands and that man is tested with respect to his response to God’s revelation. Therefore, dispensations are different administrations in the eternal outworking of God’s purpose and plan. However, it is important to know that classic dispensationalism views the means of salvation—by grace through faith—as the same in every dispensation. Generally, classic dispensationalists recognize seven dispensations: Innocence (Genesis 1:1—3:7), Conscience (Genesis 3:8—8:22), Human Government (Genesis 9:1—11:32), Promise (Genesis 12:1Exodus 19:25), Law (Exodus 20:1Acts 2:4), Grace (Acts 2:4Revelation 20:3), and the Millennial Kingdom (Revelation 20:4—20:6). Again, these dispensations are not different ways of salvation, but manners in which God relates to man.

Ultra- or hyper-dispensationalism takes the basic tenets of dispensationalism to an extreme, resulting in unbiblical teachings. Another movement, known as mid-Acts dispensationalism, the Grace Movement, Acts 9 dispensationalism, or Acts 13 dispensationalism, takes a half-way position between classic dispensationalism and ultra-dispensationalism.

Instead of recognizing that the church began in Acts 2 when the disciples received the promised Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost, the ultra-dispensationalist inserts another dispensation and holds that the church did not begin until Paul’s imprisonment in Rome. Specifically, the seed of the church is found in Acts 28:28 when Paul says to the Jews in Rome who rejected the gospel, “I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” This was the view of one of the first ultra-dispensationalists, Ethelbert W. Bullinger of the Church of England.

Because ultra-dispensationalists believe in a late start to the church, they view the church in Acts as a “Hebrew” or “Jewish” church, separate from the “mystery” church to which Paul wrote his Prison Epistles. They believe that the books of Peter, James, Jude, Hebrews, and the epistles of John are all addressed to the Hebrew church, which is different from the “body of Christ.” This Jewish church, which was built on Kingdom promises, will be reestablished during the millennium and will worship at the rebuilt temple with atoning sacrifices.

According to ultra-dispensationalism, the four Gospels are for Jews only and have no bearing on the church. The book of Acts deals with a different “church” and not the body of Christ. Only the Prison Epistles of Paul are directed to the body of Christ or “mystery” church. Not even the book of Revelation addresses the church—the letters to the seven churches are written to the “Jewish” church of the tribulation. Also, most ultra-dispensationalists reject the ordinances of the church: water baptism and the Lord’s Supper were for the “Hebrew” church.

The greatest problem with ultra-dispensationalism is not its teaching about when the church began but the many other errors that come from its approach to Scripture. For example, at the heart of most forms of ultra-dispensationalism is the belief that Paul preached a different gospel from what the other apostles taught. Other false doctrines common in some forms of ultra-dispensationalism include soul sleep and annihilationism. Still others proclaim a brand of universalism that grants salvation even to Satan himself. Without a doubt, whatever name ultra-dispensationalism goes by, it is a dangerous error that almost always leads to other, even worse errors.

H. A. Ironside, a strong dispensationalist himself, wrote a good booklet outlining some of the dangers of ultra-dispensationalism. In it he says that he has “no hesitancy in saying that [ultra-dispensationalism] fruits are evil. It has produced a tremendous crop of heresies throughout the length and breadth of this and other lands; it has divided Christians and wrecked churches and assemblies without number; it has lifted up its votaries in intellectual and spiritual pride to an appalling extent, so that they look with supreme contempt upon Christians who do not accept their peculiar views; and in most instances where it has been long tolerated, it has absolutely throttled Gospel effort at home and sown discord on missionary fields abroad. So true are these things of this system that I have no hesitancy in saying it is an absolutely Satanic perversion of the truth” (Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth, chapter 1, Loizeaux Brothers, 1938).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

36 minutes ago, Sower said:

Ethelbert William Bullinger;

Quite a character. A man of eclectic interests. 

As for me I care not for Dispensationalism.  

Bullinger argued that the death of Jesus occurred on a Wednesday, not a Friday,

All good students of the Bible know that Jesus was indeed crucified on a Wednesday and was in the grave for three full days and three full nights bringing the resurrection correctly to Sunday morning. 

In his book Number in Scripture he expounded his belief in the gematria or numerology values of words in Scripture

I have this book in my library and he is correct in explaining the significance of numbers used throughout scripture:

such as 7, or 4, or 40, 37 or 8. 

Ivan Panin published much on Bible Numerics discovering every true word in the Greek texts could be verified by arithmetic patterns (such as multitudes of 7 in a verse). God sealing his word, as he does in creation. 

Panin is able to show by Bible Numerics that Matthew 28:19 is indeed true; as well as Mark 16:15-20. 

Edited by Waggles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, Waggles said:

All good students of the Bible know that Jesus was indeed crucified on a Wednesday and was in the grave for three full days and three full nights bringing the resurrection correctly to Sunday morning. 

Wed Nisan 14 to Sat eve Nisan 17.

3 days and 3 nights.jpg

crucifiction 2.docx

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Wed Nisan 14 to Sat eve Nisan 17.

Yes I remember the basics of this Bible study - I am a bit rusty now not having read on this again for quite a while.

I believe the Thursday - was the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur?) when the High Priest would enter the Holy of Holies and sprinkle the blood for himself and all of Israel. 

John 19:31  Since it was the day of Preparation, and so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and that they might be taken away.

Hebrews 9:6  These preparations having thus been made, the priests go regularly into the first section, performing their ritual duties, 
7  but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people. 

Mark 16:1  When the Sabbath [Day of Atonement] was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices [Friday], so that they might go and anoint him. 
2  And very early on the first day of the week, when the sun had risen, they went to the tomb. 

8 hours ago, Sower said:

For example, Bullinger argued that the death of Jesus occurred on a Wednesday, not a Friday,

Matthew 12:39  But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 
40  For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,647
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

There are no dispensations.

"And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day:"

"And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw [them], he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, And said, My Lord...."

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

"And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness."

The 'church' existed way before the 'church' existed. It's always been Jesus from the beginning,

"For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him.

He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and firstborn from among the dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence."

It has always been Jesus, always righteousness by faith and belief, and always salvation by grace. That has never changed since the very beginning and it is that way today.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,647
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Matthew 12:39  But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 
40  For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 

Three days and three nights seems clear. Work backward from the resurrection and you have the day of the week. It's too simple. Must be why it escapes some.