• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Frits said:

The Holy Ghost will answer every question as we walk in faith.

He may indeed do this if we are not a slave to tradition and are truly open and unafraid of what those around might think.

There are many, many answers here, yet all claim the Spirit showed them what is correct. This is a major disconnect for a lot of new believers since they come up generally thru some kind of indoctrination. Perhaps most do not realise that this has taken place and the general unease they feel when someone shows them a different way can be construed as a spiritual warning whereas it is really an emotional response to having ones cage rattled a little.

The RCC were famous for saying words to the effect: "see, even the reformists adhere to the law of the Pope in their adoption of sunday worship". 

Check your conditioning and the basis for your beliefs.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Tristen said:

I stand by what Jesus said. He said to love God and neighbor AS SELF. Not more than self.

Perhaps I see the misunderstanding about that.  He said to love neighbor as self.  And that was the 2nd greatest commandment.  The first was to love God. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

That is what I did.  Tried to wash all that early conditioning out of my head, and prayed that God would help me discern truth.  That is the path I am on.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

1 hour ago, Questioning said:

The problem I have with that is, the Holy Ghost seems to give different people different answers to the same question.

Or not everyone has the same faith ..?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

41 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

He may indeed do this if we are not a slave to tradition and are truly open and unafraid of what those around might think.

There are many, many answers here, yet all claim the Spirit showed them what is correct. This is a major disconnect for a lot of new believers since they come up generally thru some kind of indoctrination. Perhaps most do not realise that this has taken place and the general unease they feel when someone shows them a different way can be construed as a spiritual warning whereas it is really an emotional response to having ones cage rattled a little.

The RCC were famous for saying words to the effect: "see, even the reformists adhere to the law of the Pope in their adoption of sunday worship". 

Agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

default_thumbsup.gif.15b7b632b33ec42f9bed19336f07817d.gif Justin...good stuff

After 30 yrs in the RCC's dogma/traditions, I heard a seed of gospel truth at a Baptist church and soon was saved. Had I not questioned my prior RCC beliefs, or was afraid of what all my RCC friends and relatives  would think, I would still be catholic. LOST!!

Anyone who is catholic can google 'does the catholic doctrine contradict the bible?'

Look up why the previous pope resigned. And church/pope history, back through the middle-dark ages. It is all historical facts, documented. Horrific, and sad.
It's not the (ignorant) sheep, but their shepherds who hold their gilded staffs.

I have had the same concerns Questionings has posted, and still do, actually.
Diverse people = diverse conclusions.

Fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love,
being of one accord, of one mind. 
Philippians 2:2

Most of the discussions on Worthy here have been knocked around and discussed by great theologians for centuries. That is good. Except they still do not all come to the same conclusions. I realized the same happen here on Worthy most every day .
Each individual is responsible to God, and a solid prayer life, petitioning God for wisdom and understanding,  and discernment especially, would be better spent.
Getting the word into the mind illuminates the darkness (past corrupted input/traditions) there. It works.

I believe God has showed/convicted me that I need to use the light/tools He has already given me, and be not just a hearer, but get out there and sow the word, and be a doer of His word (not I but Christ). I know enough to share the gospel truth, and to answer their questions. I have heard many times this discussion or dissection of a word (rock-stone-pebble) in scripture of a false religion that uses to prop up/legitimize their false potentiate, el popo.  Their church history alone  will/should convince anyone open to documented historical facts.
"Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords"   1 Timothy 6:15

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frits said:

Or not everyone has the same faith ..?

What does that mean?

Like a different measure of faith given.?

Edited by clancy

3 hours ago, Questioning said:

That is what I did.  Tried to wash all that early conditioning out of my head, and prayed that God would help me discern truth.  That is the path I am on.  

Praise God...that he has put you on the right path!.?

Edited by clancy

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Questioning said:

default_thumbsup.gif.31f373d94ba6ea78af2b3035957d9f97.gif

"You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. John 15, 3

God is light. Jesus is God. Jesus is the Word. The Word is Light!
Putting the word/light in your mind will chase out the old darkness.
It has worked for me, Questions, and will work for you.
God said so;

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you" Psalm 119:11

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Not saying anything against it. 

But the conclusion you gave it is not something that comes instantly. 

Or overnight and not by inviting other confusions in ignorance into our mind.

Continuously expecting the Holy Spirit to work with us as we are.

The Holy Spirit's work with us is ongoing. 

So baby steps and careful where we stand, but as we stand in this place or the other the most important is to stand with Jesus Christ to have the belief in us that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins and that God has honored him and he has put him above all things and made Jesus Christ Lord and Judge of all.

The ruler over all.

We have to be careful when we use the word God and read the old testament books.

Because for more than one reason, hope you can see it for yourself and do not give misguided instructions to others, because when we say something most of the time we have a concept in our minds and the audience also have some concept in their minds which may not always be the same. 

Many say "Amen" and the next moment they say things to the contrary. 

We read something Jesus Christ said, and everyone says "Amen " because Jesus Christ said it.

Not because we all understand the same thing or that we all understood what Jesus Christ had in his mind when he said something. 

So I have found that you are not disclosing everything in your representations and you are leaving out gaps in your presentation. 

So may I asked you what was the darkness as you call it, and without being specific you may say the nature of it. 

Because Catholics are not lost, they are loved by Jesus Christ.

Only those do not believe and we can't judge the book from its cover.

So why you believe were not saved when you were in the Catholic dogma. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt