• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Whyme said:

I don't need to believe in a miraculous physical healing to change my heart because God already does that

In terms of preaching the gospel out in the world many a person has come to believe the gospel because they received a miraculous healing; but then again some have received such and not believed and nor come into the fold.

It certainly is spiritual and of the heart.

Edited by Waggles

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  500
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

I don't need to believe in a miraculous physical healing to change my heart because God already does that

Mark 16:20 (KJV)
And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The word is preached and revelation is received the heart is transformed.  Just as Jesus preached the Word and manifested the power of God so also the disciples preach the word and signs follow.  Be careful not to deny the power of God.  2 Timothy 31This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Don't be that person and turn away from those who deny the power of God.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

47 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The word is preached and revelation is received the heart is transformed.  Just as Jesus preached the Word and manifested the power of God so also the disciples preach the word and signs follow.  Be careful not to deny the power of God.  2 Timothy 31This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I don't deny Gods power. By his grace i live and follow Jesus. Miracles or not.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 3/30/2021 at 10:16 AM, seeking the lost said:

I have a question:  How many healing meetings have you been to where you have seen a person with terminal cancer, or a blind person, or someone in a wheelchair, actually been healed?   Or have you observed the talk, quoting of Scripture, and prayer for the sick, but with no actual observable results?

If there are no observable results, then has actual healing taken place along with the talk and claims of healing through the prayer of the healing evangelist?  If not, why not?

I went to healing meetings during my 12 years of actual involvement with Pentecostal churches, and saw not one person actually being healed, although I saw multitudes of sick and disabled people go up for prayer, some fell down "in the Spirit".  But none of them got healed, including the ones who fell down.   If a sick person was "slain in the Spirit" you would think that the person would get up healed, wouldn't you?

I have heard all the excuses why the people are not being healed.  None of them wash with me, because when Jesus and the Apostles ministered healing, the power was there and people got healed on the spot.  Would Dorcas had been healed if she was prayed for by a modern healing evangelist to rise from the dead?  Not likely.  Yet Peter told her to get up and she came to life and got up.  So what was the difference?  I will tell you.

God honoured Peter's ministry because Jesus had directly appointed him to be His Apostle, and validated it through signs and wonders.  So, my view is that these prominent healing ministries are self-appointed and because they are not appointed by the Holy Spirit, they are merely pretending and play acting, and then making excuses for their lack of real power.

So my attitude towards the healing ministry in most Charismatic churches is "The Emperor ain't got no clothes on!"

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  500
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 5/16/2021 at 11:07 PM, Paul James said:

I have a question:  How many healing meetings have you been to where you have seen a person with terminal cancer, or a blind person, or someone in a wheelchair, actually been healed?   Or have you observed the talk, quoting of Scripture, and prayer for the sick, but with no actual observable results?

If there are no observable results, then has actual healing taken place along with the talk and claims of healing through the prayer of the healing evangelist?  If not, why not?

I went to healing meetings during my 12 years of actual involvement with Pentecostal churches, and saw not one person actually being healed, although I saw multitudes of sick and disabled people go up for prayer, some fell down "in the Spirit".  But none of them got healed, including the ones who fell down.   If a sick person was "slain in the Spirit" you would think that the person would get up healed, wouldn't you?

I have heard all the excuses why the people are not being healed.  None of them wash with me, because when Jesus and the Apostles ministered healing, the power was there and people got healed on the spot.  Would Dorcas had been healed if she was prayed for by a modern healing evangelist to rise from the dead?  Not likely.  Yet Peter told her to get up and she came to life and got up.  So what was the difference?  I will tell you.

God honoured Peter's ministry because Jesus had directly appointed him to be His Apostle, and validated it through signs and wonders.  So, my view is that these prominent healing ministries are self-appointed and because they are not appointed by the Holy Spirit, they are merely pretending and play acting, and then making excuses for their lack of real power.

So my attitude towards the healing ministry in most Charismatic churches is "The Emperor ain't got no clothes on!"

I make no excuses for the failure.  There remains much that we need to pursue with integrity.  I think of the parable of Luke 18 which teaches us that we must not lose heart.  We must keep praying and pursuing the Lord that we can heal the sick.  At the end of this parable there is a question, "will He find faith on the earth?"

The Parable of the Persistent Widow

1And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. 3And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ 4For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” 6And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

There is a tendency to quit and give up when we do not see the answer immediately.  The quitting or giving up on prayer is equivalated to no faith on the earth.  The encouragement is to continuing to pray and meet the needs of people.  There is a problem when this ministry is turned to theater.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

I make no excuses for the failure.  There remains much that we need to pursue with integrity.  I think of the parable of Luke 18 which teaches us that we must not lose heart.  We must keep praying and pursuing the Lord that we can heal the sick.  At the end of this parable there is a question, "will He find faith on the earth?"

The Parable of the Persistent Widow

1And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. 3And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ 4For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” 6And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

There is a tendency to quit and give up when we do not see the answer immediately.  The quitting or giving up on prayer is equivalated to no faith on the earth.  The encouragement is to continuing to pray and meet the needs of people.  There is a problem when this ministry is turned to theater.

It can be frustration when we read or hear of testimonies of healing all around, but not in our particular church or region.   I don't think that most of the healing that happens is spectacular and is rarely advertised in the media.  There were times when Jesus healed someone and told them not to advertise it.

There are those who think that everyone who is prayed for has to be healed, and if they aren't, then it is because they don't have enough faith.  I don't go along with that.  God is sovereign and He is the one who decides whether a person is healed or not.  Also, it is unreasonable for a sick person to have faith, because they are too involved in trying to cope with their sickness.

Also, there is a general environment of unbelief among our western churches that does not exist in the third world, hence there are more testimonies of healing miracles in the latter than are in the former.

Other than that, we don't really know why some get healed and others don't.  When I researched the healing ministry from the Scriptures, history, and current practice, I learned a lot about it, and I was challenged to offer prayer for everyone with a medical condition who came across my path, believer or non-believer.  I found that not one unbeliever refused and were pleased that someone cared enough to offer prayer.  But I don't know whether they got healed or not, because I never saw most of those people again.  Although there was one young lady whom I prayed for after she dropped a heavy weight on her foot and had to walk on crutches.  She believed that her foot healed faster after prayer and thanked me for the blessing!   I prayed for a lady in one of our equipping meetings who had a medical condition that prevented her from having children.  All I did was say, "Jesus heals you".   Three months later her husband informed me that she conceived that very night.

What I learned was that we are not responsible for the outcome of our prayer, but our duty is to be obedient to God's Word and offer prayer for healing.  Also, you are right, sometimes we have to persevere in prayer.  I told one lady in a church where I was a visiting preacher,  who had emphysema, after praying for her, to go up for prayer every Sunday morning until something happened.  I moved from the area, so I don't know what the outcome of that was.

I think the important principle is that we put our trust in God's Word over and above what we see, feel, or observe.  One preacher I heard said that it was easy to have faith in favourable and unfavourable circumstances, but it is much more difficult to have faith when there are no circumstances at all.   I think that most difficulties in our efforts in prayer to get sick people healed are the lack of observed results.  But then we have to trust the Scripture that says faith is the evidence of things not seen and the assurance of things hoped for.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Paul James said:

It can be frustration when we read or hear of testimonies of healing all around, but not in our particular church or region.   I don't think that most of the healing that happens is spectacular and is rarely advertised in the media.  There were times when Jesus healed someone and told them not to advertise it.

There are those who think that everyone who is prayed for has to be healed, and if they aren't, then it is because they don't have enough faith.  I don't go along with that.  God is sovereign and He is the one who decides whether a person is healed or not.  Also, it is unreasonable for a sick person to have faith, because they are too involved in trying to cope with their sickness.

Also, there is a general environment of unbelief among our western churches that does not exist in the third world, hence there are more testimonies of healing miracles in the latter than are in the former.

Other than that, we don't really know why some get healed and others don't.  When I researched the healing ministry from the Scriptures, history, and current practice, I learned a lot about it, and I was challenged to offer prayer for everyone with a medical condition who came across my path, believer or non-believer.  I found that not one unbeliever refused and were pleased that someone cared enough to offer prayer.  But I don't know whether they got healed or not, because I never saw most of those people again.  Although there was one young lady whom I prayed for after she dropped a heavy weight on her foot and had to walk on crutches.  She believed that her foot healed faster after prayer and thanked me for the blessing!   I prayed for a lady in one of our equipping meetings who had a medical condition that prevented her from having children.  All I did was say, "Jesus heals you".   Three months later her husband informed me that she conceived that very night.

What I learned was that we are not responsible for the outcome of our prayer, but our duty is to be obedient to God's Word and offer prayer for healing.  Also, you are right, sometimes we have to persevere in prayer.  I told one lady in a church where I was a visiting preacher,  who had emphysema, after praying for her, to go up for prayer every Sunday morning until something happened.  I moved from the area, so I don't know what the outcome of that was.

I think the important principle is that we put our trust in God's Word over and above what we see, feel, or observe.  One preacher I heard said that it was easy to have faith in favourable and unfavourable circumstances, but it is much more difficult to have faith when there are no circumstances at all.   I think that most difficulties in our efforts in prayer to get sick people healed are the lack of observed results.  But then we have to trust the Scripture that says faith is the evidence of things not seen and the assurance of things hoped for.

I can except that im not healed of something, but when healing is supposedly promised and not given, one needs to ask themselves if they belong to the Lord at all. Thats the frustrating part. You got to walk forward in faith, and put hope as a shield. It takes more faith to believe when you havent seen a miracle. In my opinion. Not more faith for healing but more faith in God that he will save you despite your worry that he hasnt healed you because you dont belong to him. You draw on reserves inside, you find Gods love and it makes you happy, but there is always that nagging feeling when healing comes up in discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

I can except that im not healed of something, but when healing is supposedly promised and not given, one needs to ask themselves if they belong to the Lord at all. Thats the frustrating part. You got to walk forward in faith, and put hope as a shield. It takes more faith to believe when you havent seen a miracle. In my opinion. Not more faith for healing but more faith in God that he will save you despite your worry that he hasnt healed you because you dont belong to him. You draw on reserves inside, you find Gods love and it makes you happy, but there is always that nagging feeling when healing comes up in discussion.

There are too many who claim they have the gift of healing when they have nothing of the sort.  If someone has the true gift of healing, healing will happen.  For the rest of us, we obey the Lord by praying for sick people and then respect and trust in God's sovereignty to decide whether to heal the person or not.   God hears the prayer right away, but there could be hindrances that stop the answer coming through.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

8 minutes ago, Paul James said:

There are too many who claim they have the gift of healing when they have nothing of the sort.  If someone has the true gift of healing, healing will happen.  For the rest of us, we obey the Lord by praying for sick people and then respect and trust in God's sovereignty to decide whether to heal the person or not.   God hears the prayer right away, but there could be hindrances that stop the answer coming through.

And what prevents those who have this gift from performing healings in hospitals?

11 hours ago, PeterR said:

And what prevents those who have this gift from performing healings in hospitals?

11 hours ago, PeterR said:

The same question could be asked of Jesus - why didn't He go to Jewish hospitals and heal everyone there?   Why did He heal just one lame man at the pool instead of all the sick people there?

Actually, the outworking of the gift of healing is shown in James, that it is the role of the church elder who responds to sick persons' call for them to come and pray the prayer of faith over them.

Notice that Jesus healed all who came to Him.  He didn't go around advertising His healing ministry and soliciting it.  Often when someone came to Him, He asked, "What can I do for you?"

Also, if the majority of people in hospitals have curable sicknesses, then God would give the doctors wisdom to achieve the results.

Also, the healing miracles in Acts were linked with the preaching of the Gospel, and not "healing crusades" for Christian believers.

god is not a bush button vending machine to spit out healing on demand.  He is sovereign, and decides who He will heal or not.   The reality is that not all people get healed as the result of prayer, and the promises of self-appointed "healing" ministries.