IGNORED

40,000 years of history? Man before Adam?

hdtwice

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The word "church" in the Bible if taken to mean a building rather a congregation, is a pagan concept. Check it out, why don't you all!

If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 1 Corinthians 14:35

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

17 hours ago, hdtwice said:

This is a question that was being addressed in another thread and so as to not hijack that thread, it was suggested to start a new conversation so here it is.

Waggles has stated that there was earlier man than Adam and history goes back 40k years.  Several asked how he came to that conclusion and we were just starting to get some answers when Waggles suggested a different thread for this so Waggles if you would expand on this..thank you.

What I would ask in why on earth would we trust the word of faulty man with an agenda to tell us how old the earth is.  4.5 billion years!!? Seriously.  I mean I was a science major in college, and a lot of this so called "proof" is greatly exaggerated, misinterpreted, and misguided understandings of things they don't fully understand.  I mean if you really think about it.  How on earth is a man with a lifespan of 70-80 years going to tell anyone with certainty that anything is over 1 billion years much less 4.5 billions years.  

Also, I think common sense would be enough.  4.5 billions years of existence would show real proof like a human population of 1 trillion or something along those lines.  I mean in the 1920s, the world's population was 2 billion, and now in about 100 years it is 7.5 billion.  In addition, where is the history of ancient civilizations or even a scant history of human settlements from even 30,000 years ago.  

Edited by Amigo42
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

In addition, where is the history of ancient civilizations or even a scant history of human settlements from even 30,000 years ago.  

Sounds silly. Yes. At the current precession rate of the moon it would be hitting earth in... well figure 3.4 CM per year it moves away from earth, so over a million years ago... OOPS.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

So It could just as well be future, as it could past, there is not yet enough information given to back up either side, agreed?

But if you could go about connecting it to your 'future' belief,  I can go about connecting it to the 'past', and then by the preponderance and of the strength of the scripture, and  ONLY if it it doesn't lead to any contradictions, and then if it FITS to open up a bigger picture of truth, WE may come up with the  answer.  

How many verses are necessary for it to be considered 'information that scripture gives us'?

Then my question would be is there a second witness for this?  Would this be during or after trib, before or after wrath?  

I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Any way, 

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Isaiah 45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

Isaiah 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Doesn't this 

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

seem a our of sorts with this? 
Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Does the possibility that the earth BECAME null and void or does it seem more likely it was created that way?

And that is why I do not attempt to modify the bible to fit my belief. But rather modify my beliefs to fit the bible.

There are many things that bible talks about that are beyond my fullgrasp. The eternal nature of God, The Triune Nature of God,  the Physical reality of Miracles and how they happen. God's ability to speak things into being et al.

And while I cannot fully comprehend them, I do fully accept them.

It is a fools errand to try and make the reality of God, fit the "reality" of man. He is so much bigger than that.

It all comes down to who is the Authority

If God is the Authority then  e take Him at his word, even if it does not make sense to us, or if something else does make sense to us.

Because if God had to make sense to us to be true, He would not be much of a God

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 1 Corinthians 14:35

Yep  that's what the bible says, in the context of keeping the church service continuing decently and in order.  You obviously have a problem with this scripture

the question you need to ask, is are you willing to sell out God and his word, because His word offends you.

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Reading things into these accounts is disingenuous at best and fallacious at worst.

Which is why it must be taken Literally. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Yep  that's what the bible says, in the context of keeping the church service continuing decently and in order.  You obviously have a problem with this scripture

the question you need to ask, is are you willing to sell out God and his word, because His word offends you.

I don't think Paul had the authority to issue commandments. Only God and Jesus had the authority to do that.

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think Paul had the authority to issue commandments. Only God and Jesus had the authority to do that.

So you think God let Paul hijack his bible......  srsly?

all because this scripture offends you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

It all comes down to who is the Authority

Yes, but God did delegate certain authority to humanity at creation. To rule over the world, subdue it, and steward it.

14 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Because if God had to make sense to us to be true, He would not be much of a God

Speaking of making sense, this is a tough one to parse. Your wording suggests the God does not have to make sense? Like not rational sense? Or do you mean something else.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,878
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

5 hours ago, SONshine said:

I too agree that the forming of Adam and Eve as described in Genesis 2 occurred after the seventh day of rest as described in Genesis chapter one where the six days of creation are talked about.  The sixth day creation of mankind "adham,”(male and female) and the forming of the individual man “eth-ha adham" (Adam) and his help meet Eve are two completely different events. 

That theory doesn’t sound plausible, genesis 2 is a more in-depth account of Adam and Eve.