Bro.Tan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Here is the best example of which is not looking for people so you can help them. Jesus didn't go out to find how many people He could heal. The people who needed His help came to Him and he never refused to help them. He was not looking for a pat on the back or have a gold star pinned on Him. The good Samaritan. was not looking for the man who was robed and beaten But when he saw him he cared about him and acted upon the need.   It's not what we do but the person we are. or the person we want to become because Christ by the Holy Spirit is in us.

I have a neighbor who has no car. She often needs someone to take her to the store or the pharmacy. I'm retired and nothing better to do and when I take my dog out She knows she can freely come and ask for a lift.  I never ask for gas money.   

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

May I add to this that faith without the spirit of Christ is also dead.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 3/26/2021 at 5:42 AM, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Yes, it is clearly about literal food.

"It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine,
nor anything whereby thy brother stumbles, or is offended or made weak."

"One believes that he can eat all things, the other, who is weak in the faith eats only herbs."

verse 15.
If your brother is grieved by the meat your serving, serve him vegetables instead,
your not walking in love if you insist that he eats what he does not want to.
Destroy not him with your food, for whom Christ died.

And likewise he would not be walking in love if he insists that you don't eat meat.

For the kingdom of heaven is not in food and drink. Verse 17.

But in a circumcision of the heart. [Galatians 5:6-24]

-------

"Thereby if my brother is caused to stumble because of the meat he sees me eating,
I will not eat meat while the world stands." 1 Corinthians 8:13

The reason Paul gives for not eating things offered to idols in 1 Corinthians 8
is that even though we who are mature understand that the idol is nothing,
and that if we ask God to bless the food it is blessed by God,
a weaker brother may see us eat the idol food and may think
that it is ok to eat it, as from the idol, which would be a sin.
Therefore to not cause my weaker brother to stumble,
I would not do such a thing.

-------

Christ came and preached that sincere love is what is most important,
what goes into a man does not defile a man, it's what comes from the heart
that matters.

We can keep the dietary laws, and they would have a physical health benefit,
but if we neglect the spirit of the law, we have missed the heart of the matter.
Because entrance into heaven is about a circumcision of the heart, and not about anything external or flesh based.

-------

Peter said:

"Now therefore why test ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck
of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
For we believe that through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ
we shall be saved, even as they in the same manner." Acts 15:10-11

Therefore:

It seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us (all the apostles and Paul together)
to lay on you no greater burden (from the Torah) than these necessary things:

Don't eat things with blood in it  [Leviticus 17:13-14]
Don't eat things offered to idols [Leviticus 19:4]
Flee fornication. [Leviticus 18:6-24]

"For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus,
for this is the will of God, even your sanctification,
that you abstain from fornication" 1 Thessalonians 4:2-3 

-------

As we follow Christ, as we are led by His Spirit,
our flesh based desires will subside, by the power of His Spirit that is in us.

The self control to follow any of the law
comes from the Holy Spirit, a man devoid of the Holy Spirit therefore
can not keep the law.

A man receives the Holy Spirit via faith in Christ.

The Holy Spirit was shed into the world via the death and resurrection of Christ,
and the Holy Spirit greatly desires to indwell all who sincerely believe in Christ.

Don't twist Paul words up....

The law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten. Leviticus 11:46-47 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Leviticus 11:44) 

Pay Attention....

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed. 

Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father. 

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9) 

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.) 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 3/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bro.Tan said:

The christian world we living in today doesn’t seem to understand what type of works this is. The Faith without works in the title  displaying is concerning your works, not the works of others. It’s starts off with repentance, that’s one of the first thing Jesus says when he got started his ministry, Jesus says in   Luke 5:32   I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. This lesson is to focus on your works and your faith in the word of God, because you need both. When people see works in the Bible spoken by Paul and they see law, being put together, they assume that’s talking about the Royal law (Commandments). The works of the law was nail to the cross, and that works were animal sacrificial laws. Let’s first take a look at this law that was nail to the cross that Paul explains in Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. 

Let’s take a look at both laws in one verse, the Royal law (Ten commandments) and the animal sacrificial law in  Galatians 3:10   For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. This law is part of the commandments. Paul, is quoting Moses, let's take a look. Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen. (Deuteronomy 27:26). So when you broke the royal law (commandments), you have to do the works of the law, and this was animal sacrifice. 

So now Jesus is the High Priest, no need to deal with that law any more for now. The first works you have to put in for is repentance. You have to repent. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, (Act 3: 19).  

So let’s take a look at some of these works of repentance, and what you have to base your change from. Now, Paul concerning the unchangeable Royal Law of God. In (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. And you thought love was kissing and hugging and rolling around in bed. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. This is God’s definition of love and it is perfect in its ways. So if you say that you know God, but you don’t keep his commandments, let's see what the Lord had specially written for you. (See exodus 20: 1-17). (1John 2:3-4) (v.3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (v.4) he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 

Let's compare becoming saved with becoming a top chef. Just for illustration purposes.

• Jesus says only through faith in Him we can become top chef. That is not of any works of our own, but by faith in Him only.
  • You can not become a top chef by hard work. It can only be achieved by faith in Him. You may memorize the Cook Book, you may cook earnestly, but you will fail miserably if done without faith in Him.
  • Anything you cook without faith, will be seen as junk food by Him.
  • If you turn from your junk food habits and turn to Him in faith, He will make you a Top Chef. You will love cooking delicious healthy meals and you will be able to cook these meals.
  • Sometimes you will turn back to your old habit of junk food. But the Holy Spirit will convict you of it and let you turn back to the healthy meals. Nevertheless, you are top chef by faith only.

James says. If you say you have become a top chef, then it must be shown by cooking delicious meals according to the Cook Book. If your meals taste bad and look like junk food, that would be a good reason to test yourself whether you are truly a top chef.  If you hate cooking, then it would be a good reason to test yourself whether you are truly a top chef. If you turn to junk food every day, then it would be a good reason to test yourself whether you are a top chef.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27 And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Hebrews 4:9-10 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

Sabbath day means rest day for man. When we turn to our Lord Jesus Christ in faith, we rest in Him, our Lord, the Lord of the Sabbath. You have the freedom to take one day apart for the Lord to glorify God. But never should one forget that we have our rest in Jesus Christ alone on any day, any time, any moment of our lives. And it certainly wouldn't be wise to work 7days a week without rest. We have the obligation to take good care of our bodies, which belongs to Him.

Here Paul lists the most important command to keep. Peace is the fruit of the Spirit, by faith we have peace and rest in Him on any day.

Galatians 5
14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Edited by Wesley L

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

On 3/27/2021 at 5:52 PM, Bro.Tan said:

The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.) 

1 John 2:3-4 is referring to the commandments of the Messiah, not all the commands in the Torah.

"Hereby we do know that we know the Messiah, if we keep His commands"
"He that says, 'I know Him' and does not keep His commands, is a liar"
1 John 2:3-4

In other words:

"He that loves not, knows not God, for God is love" 1 John 4:8

The commands of the Messiah are all to do with sincere love for others.

And that's a big part of what the good news is, the Messiah and His apostles clearly preached that the spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.

"If anyone disobeys the Torah, and does not abide in the commands of the Messiah, he does not have God, whoever abides in the teachings of the Messiah, has both the Father and the Son." 2 John 1:9

"if anyone come to you preaching, and does not bring this doctrine,
do not receive him into your house, neither give him a greeting,
for if you give him a greeting you are partaker of his evil deeds"
2 John 1:10

If you are a sincere person Brother Tan, you now have much from me and the others, to look back and re-read and come to the correct conclusions, and I encourage you to do so, and to agree that Christ and His specific words need to be the focus for any sincere Christian, we can not properly obey anything without Christ first and foremost.

"If anyone preaches otherwise, and does not consent to wholesome words,
even to the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine
that is according to godliness, he is proud knowing nothing" 1 Timothy 6:3-4

-------

Behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me,
to give every man according as his work shall be.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending,
the first and the last.
   (who is this?)
Blessed are they that do His commands, (whose commands?)
that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter in through the gates into the city.
For outside are dogs, and sorcerers and whoremongers,
and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and practices a lie.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things
in the churches. I am the root and offspring of David,
and the bright and morning star.
  (this part answers our questions)

Revelation 22:12-16 (kjv) therefore summarizes everything;
entrance into heaven is about actually following the Messiah.

-------

Isaiah 66:17

They that sanctify themselves and purify themselves,
to go to the gardens after an idol in the midst
[the 'illuminati' and the masons literally do this in our generation, the bohemian grove, it has a literal
owl idol statue in the midst that they all go to
and worship once a year]
eating swines flesh, and the abomination and the mouse,
shall come to an end together, says the Lord.

In totality the verse is about idol worship,
not just about eating swines flesh.

They purify themselves to go to this idol,
but when there they eat swines flesh and other dirty foods,
which are evidently dirty, like mice.

-------

The heart of the matter is sincere love, for the kingdom of God is not in food and drink.

All of Gods commands, as summarized by Moses and all the prophets, are that we sincerely love everyone.

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your hearts..
Love ye therefore the stranger.  Deuteronomy 10:16,19

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam
Isaiah

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

26 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

1 John 2:3-4 is referring to the commandments of the Messiah, not all the commands in the Torah.

In other words:

And that's a big part of what the good news is, the Messiah and His apostles clearly preached that the spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.

"If anyone disobeys the Torah, and does not abide in the commands of the Messiah, he does not have God, whoever abides in the teachings of the Messiah, has both the Father and the Son." 2 John 1:9

If you are a sincere person Brother Tan, you now have much from me and the others, to look back and re-read and come to the correct conclusions, and I encourage you to do so, and to agree that Christ and His specific words need to be the focus for any sincere Christian, we can not properly obey anything without Christ first and foremost.

-------

the first and the last.
   (who is this?)

I don't think anyone is dismissing the importance of doing good works /bearing good fruit. I think the only question is do they save and the answer is no

We are not saved by works, we are saved to do good works. and if you claim salvation but those works do not follow then that supposed faith is dead along with your claims of salvation

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

James is talking about people who claim to a have faith,  but show no evidence. Faith that does not see a change in who we are, is not a saving faith, just a metal ascent

James2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

In other words:

-------

the first and the last.
   (who is this?)

-------

Isaiah 66:17

They that sanctify themselves and purify themselves,
to go to the gardens after an idol in the midst
[the 'illuminati' and the masons literally do this in our generation, the bohemian grove, it has a literal
owl idol statue in the midst that they all go to
and worship once a year]
eating swines flesh, and the abomination and the mouse,
shall come to an end together, says the Lord.

In totality the verse is about idol worship,
not just about eating swines flesh.

They purify themselves to go to this idol,
but when there they eat swines flesh and other dirty foods,
which are evidently dirty, like mice.

-------

The heart of the matter is sincere love, for the kingdom of God is not in food and drink.

All of Gods commands, as summarized by Moses and all the prophets, are that we sincerely love everyone.

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your hearts..
Love ye therefore the stranger.  Deuteronomy 10:16,19

That's true what Paul says that you wrote and the other verses, but let's get some understanding from Jesus in Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments

So Jesus said, “but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments,” No matter what you read in the Bible, these commandments have to be kept to enter into life, or you will be judge by them. Now let’s read further into what Jesus is saying here in Matthew… Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

This includes the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday).

This also include,Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (which includes Easter, Christmas, going to church on Sunday and any other pagan or tradition of men that may cause another God to be worship)   

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. (Exodus 20:3-8) 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:46 AM, Wesley L said:

Let's compare becoming saved with becoming a top chef. Just for illustration purposes.

• Jesus says only through faith in Him we can become top chef. That is not of any works of our own, but by faith in Him only.
  • You can not become a top chef by hard work. It can only be achieved by faith in Him. You may memorize the Cook Book, you may cook earnestly, but you will fail miserably if done without faith in Him.
  • Anything you cook without faith, will be seen as junk food by Him.
  • If you turn from your junk food habits and turn to Him in faith, He will make you a Top Chef. You will love cooking delicious healthy meals and you will be able to cook these meals.
  • Sometimes you will turn back to your old habit of junk food. But the Holy Spirit will convict you of it and let you turn back to the healthy meals. Nevertheless, you are top chef by faith only.

James says. If you say you have become a top chef, then it must be shown by cooking delicious meals according to the Cook Book. If your meals taste bad and look like junk food, that would be a good reason to test yourself whether you are truly a top chef.  If you hate cooking, then it would be a good reason to test yourself whether you are truly a top chef. If you turn to junk food every day, then it would be a good reason to test yourself whether you are a top chef.

I'm not sure what chapter or verse this is.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27 And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Jesus is the one who rested on the Sabbath day and commanded that you do the same. If you really understood the scriptures you would realize that He was the one who became known as Jesus who gave you the Ten Commandments. So not only did He command you to cease from your work on that day He also commanded you to. (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church.

Hebrews 4:9-10 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

Sabbath day means rest day for man. When we turn to our Lord Jesus Christ in faith, we rest in Him, our Lord, the Lord of the Sabbath. You have the freedom to take one day apart for the Lord to glorify God. But never should one forget that we have our rest in Jesus Christ alone on any day, any time, any moment of our lives. And it certainly wouldn't be wise to work 7days a week without rest. We have the obligation to take good care of our bodies, which belongs to Him.

That sabbath of rest Paul is saying is not talking about the weekly sabbath, that's talking about something else, another day of rest in the future. 

Here Paul lists the most important command to keep. Peace is the fruit of the Spirit, by faith we have peace and rest in Him on any day.

Galatians 5
14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Also Paul says in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

If there is no law, there is no sin! (

1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 3/29/2021 at 8:33 PM, Bro.Tan said:

I'm not sure what chapter or verse this is.

Hi @Bro.Tan, i believe you are a Seventh Day Adventist?
I will reply you later.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

50 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

Hi @Bro.Tan, i believe you are a Seventh Day Adventist?
I will reply you later.

I am not SDA. I am not RCC either. I read and study. I find truth where the likes of our seminaries (AKA Augustine) have obscured them. Like the many excuses that are misquoted for not keeping the Sabbath holy. Go figure!