• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

On 3/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, Marathoner said:

Many would perceive the local fellowship the Lord sent me to many years ago in such a way. 

There wasn't an hierarchy which is to say no one claimed a title or office, and yet everyone knew by how the Lord used an individual what their purpose in His Body was. The man whom the Lord sent me to learn from was recognized as a teacher by all. Did I know about this coming in?

No, only that he was the man God approved of, who would teach me about Jesus Christ. I was astonished that my brothers and sisters were in agreement that the Lord called him to teach. I was astonished by many things while I remained in their company for four years. Everything was new to me. 

Did he attend a bible college or seminary? No, but his library was vast and the Lord, having given me a talent for reading, ensured I would have unfettered access to all of it. The Septuagint (LXX) translated into English... an interlinear bible...  a copy of Martyrs Mirror... and much more. In order to preserve these books (this was before most were published on the internet) our brother wouldn't loan them to anyone but he made an exception where I was concerned. I could sit in his library and read for as long as I wished or I could take something to my room and read it there. 

I would question our brother about what I read and he was patient to answer my questions to the best of his ability. If he didn't know he would look at me and exclaim, "Why, I have no idea! What do you think?" 

I was baptized in water shortly after my arrival. 

After my first year in the community (everyone lived close together on the same vast tract of land), a brother and sister who were known for the gift of prophecy became involved in my welfare. They were burdened for me to the point of tears and I was more than a little bewildered by this. During gatherings (we gathered together frequently) I would often find one or the other regarding me quietly.

They knew I was overwhelmed by all those people in one place. It was a struggle to remain in place and not run away! Everything was new to me back then. When Christ sent them my way He spoke to me through them; at the time I had no way of grasping the meaning of what they imparted and this pleased the Lord. Why?

Had I known as I do now, I might have made my way to the mountains to the east and cast myself off the highest peak. No wonder our brother and sister wept for me at times. 

Therefore I know that our God does as He pleases, calling some to be teachers and others as shepherds of His sheep. Lately His Spirit has convicted me, bringing to my awareness that there are times when He uses me as a teacher and preacher though I know it not. Ah, but isn't that when He uses us in a powerful way? When we aren't aware because we're doing what He purposed for us to do. 

Some struggle with this like I did for the longest time. Nope, there's no way that I'm a teacher or a preacher for that matter. But then again, what is it that I find myself doing which is pleasing to the Lord?

Testifying of His grace, mercy, love, and power in this world. Serving my neighbor right where I am. Encouraging others and praising the Lord daily. :)      

I don't know how I missed this reply.  Anyway, amen to it.  What you are talking about is reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,177
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

51 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I don't know how I missed this reply.  Anyway, amen to it.  What you are talking about is reality.

There are times when I must check myself at the door (in a manner of speaking). The Lord reminds me that not everyone is a witness of His power and His voice, so there are things I take for granted in my own oblivious way. 

This is not to say that those who otherwise belong to the Lord don't hear Him because that isn't true. I bring it up because some are swift to misunderstand and run to all manner of places, and I don't want anyone to do that. What did the Lord tell Thomas? Blessed are they who believe and haven't seen. 

It's difficult to articulate because of my peculiarly oblivious bent where matters of His Spirit are concerned. I have seen... I have heard... and so in this way the Lord has made some things simpler for me. He plucked me out of the world, cast me into the fiery trial, and lifted me up in His hand. But then my life is also not complicated by family, children, a wife, property, and so forth. Again, in spite of everything I've suffered Christ made things easier for me. I share some things in common with Thomas.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (john 20:29 KJV)

Blessed are they who fight the good fight of faith. 

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

There are times when I must check myself at the door (in a manner of speaking). The Lord reminds me that not everyone is a witness of His power and His voice, so there are things I take for granted in my own oblivious way. 

This is not to say that those who otherwise belong to the Lord don't hear Him because that isn't true. I bring it up because some are swift to misunderstand and run to all manner of places, and I don't want anyone to do that. What did the Lord tell Thomas? Blessed are they who believe and haven't seen. 

It's difficult to articulate because of my peculiarly oblivious bent where matters of His Spirit are concerned. I have seen... I have heard... and so in this way the Lord has made some things simpler for me. He plucked me out of the world, cast me into the fiery trial, and lifted me up in His hand. But then my life is also not complicated by family, children, a wife, property, and so forth. Again, in spite of everything I've suffered Christ made things easier for me. I share some things in common with Thomas.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (john 20:29 KJV)

Blessed are they who fight the good fight of faith. 

Yes indeed, some are given this gift and some that, but it is all from the Lord.

I agree with everything I read here; however, I have the feeling that there may be a subtext that I'm missing.  If you are hinting at something (I don't mean this in a negative way), would you make it clear please.  If you are not, then feel free to pay no attention to my guess.

• Well Said! 1

Just now, David1701 said:

Yes indeed, some are given this gift and some that, but it is all from the Lord.

I agree with everything I read here; however, I have the feeling that there may be a subtext that I'm missing.  If you are hinting at something (I don't mean this in a negative way), would you make it clear please.  If you are not, then feel free to pay no attention to my guess.

I don't think I am but I don't mind clarifying for you, brother.

The Lord has made some things easier for me. I understand if some don't believe my testimony --- it's never been about me so I'm not offended. I'm no one special, my friend.

When I write that I have witnessed His power and voice, that can be taken at face value. I know I'm not the only one who has; there are many of us who have. I know you have, David. You write with the conviction of one who knows the voice of our Lord. When I discovered this about you some time ago, I was greatly blessed!

Life is rather simple for me. Decades spent as a transient guaranteed that I wouldn't establish roots in any particular place. I've never fathered children nor do I have a wife; my family of the flesh disowned me when I cast everything aside to seek Jesus Christ. My youngest sibling is the exception to the rule: we established contact recently and this has been a joy. We were close when I lived under my parents' roof.

Because I've been penniless for most of my days, I don't own property. "Unentangled" is one way of describing how God has made things easier for me. Husbands should serve their wives... wives should serve their husbands... fathers and mothers sacrifice for their children... family is a blessing from the Lord but it is also a tremendous responsibility to bear. Whenever the Lord affords the opportunity, I enjoy giving fathers and mothers a helping hand. 

I get to do that here where the Lord sent me. We have parents and children living in our transitional housing shelter and I make sure they're safe, fed, and otherwise provided with what they need. Again, this is an example of how the Lord has made things easier for me, brother. My vocation is to look after the needy, the widows, and the fatherless. 

Yes, I'm sure there are some who don't believe that the Lord sends me here, or sends me there. That's okay because I know the truth: the Lord indeed sent me here and I reeled at what He revealed beforehand. Which is to say, His Spirit spoke of everything that would come to pass before I darkened the door of this place.

Their hearts will be inclined toward me? I will find great favor among them?

I will be a given a place to rest my head, food to eat, and work to perform which pleases You? But I've never actually had a place to rest my head, at least not for long. Honestly, David, I simply did not comprehend how any of this could happen.  

Until everything came to pass precisely as His Spirit said it would. The testimony is all about Jesus Christ, He who has taken us into His hand. He gave this to me. :)     

• Praise God! 1

As a postscript, @David1701, I should share something else. I earn an exceedingly modest sum of money for the work I perform in this desperate part of town, well below the U.S. median income. Yep, I'm "dirt poor" in the eyes of this world.

But would you believe that I save most of what I earn? I live simply and modestly. I don't drink, I don't go out and about (unless the Lord sends me somewhere), and I rarely need to use the automobile God provided to me as an inheritance from a friend I served faithfully for many years.

When they passed on, I discovered that my name was on the title of said car. Again this was something the Lord spoke of, but I couldn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Yes indeed, I share some things in common with Thomas! 

I pay a pittance for insurance coverage. My bills don't amount to much at all because I'm frugal. After meeting my responsibilities and paying my due, over 50% of my monthly income goes directly into the bank. Therefore I'm poor but I'm not... does this make sense?

And yes, I've never understood money. To tell the truth I've been mortified of it and wanted nothing to do with money! So now I find myself with a considerable sum in the bank... and I haven't the foggiest idea of what I'll do with it. I would gladly turn it right back around as a donation to the shelter where the Lord gave me work, but the CEO and the board wouldn't permit it. 

So I'm waiting on the Lord. He'll tell me what to do with it when the time comes.    

What can I say? The hearts of many were inclined toward me in a way which blew my mind. I wept when I learned the truth... they think so highly of me! My first real hint was a seemingly chance encounter with a high-profile donor. She spotted me on the property and exclaimed, "Oh, there you are! We've heard so many good things about you. Thank you for everything that you do!"

I get emotional about this so I apologize for the length. The day arrived when I was summoned to the central office... whatever for?, I wondered. They wanted to honor me. They regard me as family. This is what the Lord meant by His words.

I don't always understand when He delivers them to me. Hence the Lord will say, 

You will see.

Edited by Marathoner
typos
  • Praise God! 1

18 hours ago, Marathoner said:

As a postscript, @David1701, I should share something else. I earn an exceedingly modest sum of money for the work I perform in this desperate part of town, well below the U.S. median income. Yep, I'm "dirt poor" in the eyes of this world.

But would you believe that I save most of what I earn? I live simply and modestly. I don't drink, I don't go out and about (unless the Lord sends me somewhere), and I rarely need to use the automobile God provided to me as an inheritance from a friend I served faithfully for many years.

When they passed on, I discovered that my name was on the title of said car. Again this was something the Lord spoke of, but I couldn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Yes indeed, I share some things in common with Thomas! 

I pay a pittance for insurance coverage. My bills don't amount to much at all because I'm frugal. After meeting my responsibilities and paying my due, over 50% of my monthly income goes directly into the bank. Therefore I'm poor but I'm not... does this make sense?

And yes, I've never understood money. To tell the truth I've been mortified of it and wanted nothing to do with money! So now I find myself with a considerable sum in the bank... and I haven't the foggiest idea of what I'll do with it. I would gladly turn it right back around as a donation to the shelter where the Lord gave me work, but the CEO and the board wouldn't permit it. 

So I'm waiting on the Lord. He'll tell me what to do with it when the time comes.    

What can I say? The hearts of many were inclined toward me in a way which blew my mind. I wept when I learned the truth... they think so highly of me! My first real hint was a seemingly chance encounter with a high-profile donor. She spotted me on the property and exclaimed, "Oh, there you are! We've heard so many good things about you. Thank you for everything that you do!"

I get emotional about this so I apologize for the length. The day arrived when I was summoned to the central office... whatever for?, I wondered. They wanted to honor me. They regard me as family. This is what the Lord meant by His words.

I don't always understand when He delivers them to me. Hence the Lord will say, 

You will see.

Thanks for fleshing that out, brother.  I couldn't shift the feeling that there was a message in your post that I was not seeing properly.  I now realise that it was not a hidden message that you intended to put there, but something for me from the Lord.

All those trying times, heartaches, illness and rejection, are all part of God's plan to bless.  I knew this theoretically, and could cite Bible verses to prove it; but, somehow, your testimony has brought it home to me.  Thank you.

• Praise God! 1

The question posed by this topic is answered in a way which exceeds my meager capacity with words. I hope that when I write about the greatest of blessings our Lord has seen fit to give to me on earth, the reader will understand what is meant by that.

I have seen, but with not these eyes of flesh. I have heard, but not with ears. I have seen our Lord Jesus Christ and witnessed His power and voice in you. This is His gift to give, discernment that is so much more than simple knowledge. It is joy never ending, a comfort to the weary and encouragement to draw ever closer to the Son of God who gave His life for our sake. We are His friends.   

The Lord promised to receive us as sons and daughters and to teach us of His ways. I have witnessed the fulfillment of His every word and how it pleases God to complete the revelation by sending you my way; He presents you so I might see, hear, and understand. I know only in part.  

The Lord speaks and moves upon us through the hearts of His holy ones (saints). It pleases God that we are presented to Him as living stones, fitting perfectly together as that temple raised without human hands. No stone is complete unto itself; each has its place and function. Each of us knows only in part.

There is an order in His Body which pleases the Lord and this is testified in the scriptures. When His Spirit moves among the brethren I witness this order unfold: wherever we gather in His name, there He is. Even here on this forum. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/20/2021 at 8:51 PM, clancy said:

If so, explain how you know you were called to teach others?

Were you called to go to a bible college or university?

Are you positive God called you to teach?

Greetings

I know its standard practice when considering the role in one of the 5 fold ministries to attend bible college or seminary training.

However Christians in there basic capacity have a greater opportunity to be taught trained and used by the Holy Spirit to evangelise and disciple their families friends neighbourhood and the community by just submitting to him.

You dont need bible colleague, seminary training, preparing and writing sermons, or standing in front of a congregation to minister the Good news you can do that now in any environment.

Seminary training usually produces polished orators who only teach the word of God but do not have the results or walk in its power.

The Holy Spirit only needs a person who will submit trust and let him express himself through them.

The less qualified you are and the minimum knowledge you have is more then enough to for the Holy Spirit to work with and train you.

The issue is everyone is so busy trying to become more knowledgeable qualified reading this book and trying that course that the Holy Spirit who knows exactly what to say and do is is always neglected and left out.

If we submit and honour the Holy Spirit, he is our comforter teacher and partner and as a team we can glorify Jesus together.

Every Christian is called to plant and water seeds for growth it is God who increases that persons understanding until they are ready to be harvested.      1 Corinthians 3.6-9 

The Holy Spirit can use us more effectively in 1 day to impact peoples lives, then in our life time of gimmicks.

Its not by might and its not by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord. Zechariah. 4.6

Peace.

Edited by Aries2020
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

Guest clancy
2 hours ago, Aries2020 said:

Greetings

I know its standard practice when considering the role in one of the 5 fold ministries to attend bible college or seminary training.

However Christians in there basic capacity have a greater opportunity to be taught trained and used by the Holy Spirit to evangelise and disciple their families friends neighbourhood and the community by just submitting to him.

You dont need bible colleague, seminary training, preparing and writing sermons, or standing in front of a congregation to minister the Good news you can do that now in any environment.

Seminary training usually produces polished orators who only teach the word of God but do not have the results or walk in its power.

The Holy Spirit only needs a person who will submit trust and let him express himself through them.

The less qualified you are and the minimum knowledge you have is more then enough to for the Holy Spirit to work with.

The issue is everyone is so busy trying to become more knowledgeable qualified reading this book and trying that course that the Holy Spirit whose knows exactly what to say and do is is always neglected and left out.

If we submit and honour the Holy Spirit, he is our comforter and partner and as a team we can glorify Jesus.

Every Christian is called to plant and water seeds for growth it is God who increases that persons understanding until they are ready to be harvested.      1 Corinthians 3.6-9 

The Holy Spirit can use us more effectively in 1 day to impact peoples lives, then in our life time of gimmicks.

Its not by might and its not by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord. Zechariah. 4.6

Peace.

Excellent post!!.....Amen!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  906
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,649
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/20/2021 at 4:51 AM, clancy said:

If so, explain how you know you were called to teach others?

Were you called to go to a bible college or university?

Are you positive God called you to teach?

If I haven't already shared this...

1. Matthew 28:19 (disciple all nations)
  2. what God showed you and I are not only for you and I to know...
  3. I am but a beggar showing other beggars where I found bread
  • This is Worthy 1