• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I would not brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest you would be wise in your own eyes;
that hardening in part is happened to Israel,
until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. 

[..What is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you (Gentiles) the hope of glory.  Colossians 1:27]

And in this manner shall all Israel be saved:
as it is written, "The Deliverer shall come to Zion,
and unto all that turn from transgression in Jacob, says the Lord" [Isaiah 59:20]

As in times past ye were disobedient to God,
yet now have obtained mercy through the Jews' disobedience (they had Christ killed)

Likewise have the Jews also now not obeyed (they had Christ killed)
that through the mercy shown to you (you have the Spirit of Christ via faith in Christ)
they also may (now) obtain mercy.

Because God confined them in disobedience (hardened them in their disobedient state)
that He might have mercy on all (through the death and resurrection of Christ)

Therefore,

I beseech you brethren, that you live holy and acceptable...

That you may prove to the Jews what is that good and acceptable will of God.

In other words, Christ is in you Gentiles now, that's the mystery, and it is by Christ that all Israel will be saved,
therefore let them see Christ in you.

Romans 11 and 12.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/17/1970

On 3/29/2021 at 8:15 AM, Willa said:

God always saved a remnant.  The 1/3 who go through the fire shall all be saved.

Rom 11:25  Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Rom 11:26  And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob";

Rom 11:27  "and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

Rom 11:28  As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.

Rom 11:29  For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Rom 11:30  For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience,

Rom 11:31  so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy.

Rom 11:32  For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

Zechariah 13:8-9

8 In the whole land,” declares the Lord, “two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it.

9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold.

They will call on my name and I will answer themI will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’ ”

Zechariah 12:10-14

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit a of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be as great as the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.

Edited by MicSmithy
Fix reference and improve formatting
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

All murderers and thieves who repent and come to Christ for forgiveness making Him their Lord and Master shall be saved.  Consider the thief on the cross beside Jesus who said "remember me when you cone into your kingdom.  Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

3 hours ago, Willa said:

All murderers and thieves who repent and come to Christ for forgiveness making Him their Lord and Master shall be saved.  Consider the thief on the cross beside Jesus who said "remember me when you cone into your kingdom.  Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise.  

I agree with you, but who are these people

3 hours ago, MicSmithy said:

Zechariah 12:10-14

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit a of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be as great as the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.

I use to think this verse was a picture of salvation for the Jews, That when their messiah returned they saw their mistake and morns for their savior, but I now think this is a picture of them not being ready, similar to the foolish virgins

Matthew 25

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

Are they weeping because the door was shut or because they found the Lord

On 3/29/2021 at 11:14 AM, Desopixi Seilynam said:

I would not brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest you would be wise in your own eyes;
that hardening in part is happened to Israel,
until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. 

This is another question for me

When is the fullness of the gentiles. is it the second coming?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

10 hours ago, Jaydub said:

This is another question for me

When is the fullness of the gentiles. is it the second coming?

Colossians 1:27 describes the fullness of the Gentiles, the mystery; "which is Christ in you (Gentiles) the hope of glory"

The mystery Paul is speaking of is the fact that the Gentiles would be included with the Jews.

Christ in us; Paul is speaking of the fullness of what happened due to the death and resurrection of Christ,
not about a future event yet to happen.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The fullness of the gentiles I see as defining a point in the future.

From what I read in Revelation, I get a picture of a faithful remnant of Jews supernaturally protected by God for 3 1/2 years. At the return of Christ I see a "nation born in a day" where all of Israel (those who have survived) will be saved. Ungodliness will be banished as part of the transformation that happens with the changes to the people of Israel when the receive the new covenant, king, and kingdom.

Jer 31:31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

21 minutes ago, timf said:

Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The Messiah is the messenger of that new covenant.

"Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them, for this is the law and the prophets"
Matthew 7:12

Believing Him, and thereby having that one easy saying in mind and heart is a very literal fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:33.

"And so (or in this manner) shall all Israel be saved, as it is written: In Zion shall come the Deliverer,
and He shall turn to them that turn from transgression in Jacob.
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." Rom 11:26-27

Everyone's sins were taken away when Christ died on the cross, that's how sins were taken away.
Thereby it should be clear that Paul is speaking about Christ who came to Israel, died and rose again.

The mystery is that He is inside of those who believe, therefore those who believe should live
holy and acceptable that others may see Christ in them and believe.