IGNORED

If God exists why was there a reason for christ Jesus to come and die on the cross? how do you explain to someone who asks you this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

56 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

They understand that god exist but why Christ Jesus?What was the reason for him coming to earth?

Can you explain that to someone sincerely asking?

Certainly. When the Lord created us and the world, He left choices up to us. We chose badly. The Sons of God also messed up and were responsible for the major depravity of the human race (Gen 6). God was not surprised and in His Second 'state' of the pre-extant Yeshua, He chose for Himself a nation when the Babel happening led to Him disowning them and putting 'lesser gods' in charge of the 70 or so nations. He chose Abram and supernaturally they had Isaac (Ishmael too). The lesser gods also failed (Psalm 82) and all they did was create the pantheons.

Long story short the Israel nation failed to be a kingdom of priests and got carried away to Babylon. This was also no surprise since Daniel tells us all what has now happened. Essentially, God could not expect humans to do what only He knew He could do. Be perfect, solve the Gen 3 death sentence and reverse all the other bad stuff. Only a Deity could do that. So He sent Yeshua, His One and Only Unique One. His son. He came in the flesh to succeed where we had failed. He reversed the death sentence and the scatterings at Babel (Pentecost) and Arose conquering the time old problem of sin once and forever. The Gospel is the story of Redemption. We have to believe and be loyal to Yeshua for Salvation. Eden will be the end place for all of us as it was in the beginning. God wants to live with His family, both Heavenly and Earthly 'sons of God'.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

lol. Yes OneLight;

Nevertheless it is a question  a person seeking can ask you so how would you answer them as best you could on a telephone conversation or where you did not have much time and only your words to explain?

I added to my first response.  There is no quick answer except for a pure sacrifice and only Jesus was pure enough to qualify.  That alone may open many more questions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Thank you for your answer Riverwalker, but if they ask you , I understand God but why did Christ Jesus have to die on the cross?Why did He have to die? why do we have to beleive in Christ Jesus when there is God we can beleive in.?

Because God is an Honest and Just God, He set the rules, he set the requirement for redemption and he provided the redemption

And this is where you will lose most of them, because they want God to just pretend that we didn't sin, they do not want the accountability.  This life however has a purpose....it is a proving ground to set apart those who will find their knees and bow before the Lord  who will follow God into eternity  and those who won't. And for God to universally forgive everyone with no requirement, would defeat that purpose

And this is where you will likely lose the rest of them Because it is my experience that they are not looking for answers, but for an excuse.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

If God exists what was the reason for Christ Jesus to come on earth and die on the cross? Why did he have to die? how do you explain to someone who asks you this?

Here is a tract I wrote, some years ago, which gives a brief answer to this question.

LIFE OR DEATH

It's a matter of life and death, it's about heaven and hell, it's about God and sin, please read on, it could save your life!

God, created us to love, worship and obey him, enjoy his presence and look after this world; but...

THE FALL

The first people, Adam and his wife Eve, disobeyed God's command not to eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. In that moment, they died spiritually (they started to become corrupt in thought, word and deed and lost the internal bond that they had shared with God). They also started to die physically, they began to age and became vulnerable to diseases. God then cursed the ground because of their sin and it began to grow thorns and thistles. (If you want to know where war, suffering, disease and problems with our planet come from, here is your answer!)

All people are descendants of Adam and Eve and we have inherited their corrupt nature. This corrupt nature leads to thinking and doing what we want, instead of what God wants (this is called sin).

JUDGMENT

God has told us in the Holy Bible that the person who sins must die and that all sin is against God, so we are all in huge trouble!

God has made a place called hell where there is never-ending, unbearable heat and constant torment. It was made for a group of angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven; but after Adam and Eve sinned, all people who do not turn from their sin and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ will join those rebellious angels in that dreadful place, forever.

CANNOT CHANGE OURSELVES

Man's nature has gradually grown more and more corrupt, ever since Adam sinned (just like meat that is left in the sun) and God has told us that, as a leopard cannot change its spots, neither can a corrupt person change his nature and start to be good.

LAWS DON'T WORK

It does not matter how good the laws are (even the ten commandments that God gave to Moses) man's corrupt nature means that people simply will not obey properly: e.g. the first commandment is that we must love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength - everyone breaks this law! The second law is that we must love our neighbours as we love ourselves, who keeps this all the time?

So, we are all corrupt and we are all law-breakers, we are all rebels against God and deserve eternal punishment in hell with the rebellious angels. Things are not looking good; but...

GOD'S MERCY

God sent his only begotten son into the world to save sinners! The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, and sinless. He was both God and man and lived a life of perfect obedience to God. He did many miracles revealing God's power and showed God's holy and loving character in all that he said and did.

The Lord Jesus saved his people from their sins! He willingly took the punishment for their sins, when he allowed himself to be nailed to a wooden cross and became a curse for us. He was punished by God for our sins and shed his blood to wash them away. Once he had paid the full, agonising price, to buy his people back from slavery to sin, and fulfil God's righteous judgment on sin, he cried out, "It is finished." and he died.

The Lord Jesus was buried in a tomb and a huge boulder was placed across the entrance, which was guarded by Roman soldiers; but death could not hold him and on the third day, he rose from the dead, came out of the tomb and was seen by over five hundred eye-witnesses. Many other people were also raised from the dead, at that time and walked about in full view. The Lord Jesus himself had said, before he died, "I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live and he who lives and believes in me shall never die.".

Later the Lord rose through the clouds, into heaven and is now seated on the right hand of God the Father until all things are restored.

WHAT SHOULD OUR RESPONSE BE?

As corrupt, hell-deserving, rebellious sinners, we should cry out to God, to have mercy upon us, we should be deeply sorry that we have sinned against him, repent of our sin (turn away from it completely) and believe in (not just accept the facts about; but trust in, cling to and rely upon) the Lord Jesus Christ; because everyone who turns from his sin and trusts in the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved and will never perish.

We must not try to be saved any other way, for the Lord Jesus Christ himself said, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except by me."

Edited by David1701

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

If God exists what was the reason for Christ Jesus to come on earth and die on the cross? Why did he have to die? how do you explain to someone who asks you this?

The way I look at it is that Satan could attack us forever because of our sin. However, when Satan had Jesus, who was without sin, killed, he (Satan) lost his credibility. In this fashion, Jesus was able to break the power of Satan to attack us.

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The way I look at it is that Satan could attack us forever because of our sin. However, when Satan had Jesus, who was without sin, killed, he (Satan) lost his credibility. In this fashion, Jesus was able to break the power of Satan to attack us.

A shockingly bad post!  It was GOD who had Jesus killed; in fact, Jesus willingly gave up his own life - no-one took it from him!  God planned it from before the foundation of the world.  Satan has never had any credibility!

Edited by David1701
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

A shockingly bad post!  It was GOD who had Jesus killed; in fact, Jesus willingly gave up his own life - no-one took it from him!  God planned it from before the foundation of the world.  Satan has never had any credibility!

I think my post exposed at least part of the truth. Satan could torture us forever, all because of one sin we committed. Jesus put an end to that by dying on the cross.

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think my post exposed at least part of the truth. Satan could torture us forever, all because of one sin we committed. Jesus put an end to that by dying on the cross.

Satan could torture us forever???  Umm ... no, not when he is being tortured forever himself!

Rev. 20:10 (WEB) The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever

16 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Satan could torture us forever???  Umm ... no, not when he is being tortured forever himself!

Rev. 20:10 (WEB) The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever

Yes, had it not been for Jesus, I think Satan would torture us forever.

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, had it not been for Jesus, I think Satan would torture us forever.

Oh boy!  Did you read the Scripture I posted?