• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Waggles said:

It is not so much that we are still alive to sin - yes for we live for righteousness by the power of God - but we are still troubled by sin. 

The lure, the enticements, the fiery darts of the enemy, old memories, getting upset in the flesh - there are still many snares and dangers that beset us. And yes we can be overcomers through the payer of prayer and contrition for our slipups, our wrongdoings. 

But to suggest that this truth about living the Christian life equates to living to sin or that we are under the power of sin is not right. The Spirit-filled Christian is not immune from stumbling on occasions, from failing to be "perfect" in Christ Jesus.

Our sins may be covered and forgiven daily, but that does not mean that we never do wrong in the eyes of God. His mercies are new every morning.  

I am not still troubled by sin. I feel no lure, the enticements, the fiery darts of the enemy or old memories that bother me nor do I get upset in the flesh, and I can say there are not many snares and dangers that beset me. Could it be possible that I plugged into something that one can only see if they too are plugged in?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

12 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Did I not write the whole concept down clearly in the first post? I believe I did with Scripture verses as well. Did I not write Paul taught that we do experience a death to our old sin nature once we are baptized into Christ, and that it’s dead and gone and therefore we are dead to sin? Then where did this idea come from that we are still alive to sin?

It is our spirit that is dead to sin, not our flesh.  Our flesh is dead to goodness, as I proved previously.

Rom. 8:10-14 (WEB)

10 If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
  11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
  12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
  13 For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
  14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

It is our spirit that is dead to sin, not our flesh.  Our flesh is dead to goodness, as I proved previously.

Rom. 8:10-14 (WEB)

10 If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
  11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
  12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
  13 For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
  14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God.

You got that right and that's why I walk in the spirit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Could it be possible that I plugged into something that one can only see if they too are plugged in?

So what is it that you are plugged into ?? Please share. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

5 hours ago, Peterlag said:

You got that right and that's why I walk in the spirit.

I ask if you still have a human flesh body? You seem to be saying you don't. The tension between flesh and spirit continues throughout earthly life. Hence Romans 8 v 10-14

On 4/2/2021 at 4:38 PM, Waggles said:

So what is it that you are plugged into ?? Please share. 

Let's assume God gave you a spirit that had its own nature and it became part of you to the end that it became you. Then it would no longer be you but this new nature that God has caused you to become. Could we then say your old sinful nature was gone?

On 4/2/2021 at 5:31 PM, leah777 said:

I ask if you still have a human flesh body? You seem to be saying you don't. The tension between flesh and spirit continues throughout earthly life. Hence Romans 8 v 10-14

I don't have any tension.

Most Christians have been taught to believe that after salvation, they are still the same at their core, and they live the rest of their lives trying to restrain this old nature. They believe they have two natures and they are alive to sin and it's with much effort, frustration, and failure that they battle this sin nature the rest of their lives.

Let's assume God gave you a spirit that had its own nature and it became part of you to the end that it became you. Then it would no longer be you but this new nature that God has caused you to become. Could we then say your old sinful nature was gone?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

16 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

Could we then say your old sinful nature was gone?

I have been Spirit-filled and praying in tongues for just over 24 years - and I enjoy a wholesome overcoming walk in the Spirit and I believe that my life displays the fruit of the Spirit.

But I am tempted on occasions to do wrong. I have the wisdom (I hope) to rebuke sin and satan and to put this aside or behind me. But the fact remains that the flesh does remember old sins and the adversary is able to use that against me. Yes I live to God and I live to serve righteousness, but the old man does try to usurp the new inner man - therefore praying in the Spirit daily and often builds up my new person in Christ Jesus and quenches the desires of the flesh. 

4 minutes ago, Waggles said:

I have been Spirit-filled and praying in tongues for just over 24 years - and I enjoy a wholesome overcoming walk in the Spirit and I believe that my life displays the fruit of the Spirit.

But I am tempted on occasions to do wrong. I have the wisdom (I hope) to rebuke sin and satan and to put this aside or behind me. But the fact remains that the flesh does remember old sins and the adversary is able to use that against me. Yes I live to God and I live to serve righteousness, but the old man does try to usurp the new inner man - therefore praying in the Spirit daily and often builds up my new person in Christ Jesus and quenches the desires of the flesh. 

I have been very upset for 6 years now after I learned that for the first 24 years of me being a Christian I walked in my old nature trying to operate the spirit of God through my flesh.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

50 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I have been very upset for 6 years now after I learned that for the first 24 years of me being a Christian I walked in my old nature trying to operate the spirit of God through my flesh.

I would suggest you nee to loosen your grip, you are by nature a child of God and when you accept that and allow His will to be done, you will naturally follow the right course