• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

56 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I have been very upset for 6 years now after I learned that for the first 24 years of me being a Christian I walked in my old nature trying to operate the spirit of God through my flesh.

That's the thing we've been trying to tell you.  We, created beings, are not perfect.  We slip and make mistakes.  Though we are not habitual sinners, we do sin.  When we finally die and leave the flesh behind, the fleshly desires die with it.  Not before.  Trying to be perfect is not the answer.  Rushing our maturity to be like Christ is also not the answer.  God will do His will in us at His timing.  We have to accept that our lessons come from our failures.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

I would suggest you nee to loosen your grip, you are by nature a child of God and when you accept that and allow His will to be done, you will naturally follow the right course

What grip are you talking about? The Godly sorrow I live with knowing I was unable to help people understand what walking in the spirit is all about until 6 years ago? Or the sorrow that comes from understanding that Seminaries still teach from Augustine?

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

That's the thing we've been trying to tell you.  We, created beings, are not perfect.  We slip and make mistakes.  Though we are not habitual sinners, we do sin.  When we finally die and leave the flesh behind, the fleshly desires die with it.  Not before.  Trying to be perfect is not the answer.  Rushing our maturity to be like Christ is also not the answer.  God will do His will in us at His timing.  We have to accept that our lessons come from our failures.

I never said we were perfect. I never said we don't make mistakes. And I never said we should try to be more like Christ. But I have said we are not sinners. Let's assume God gave you a spirit that had its own nature and it became part of you to the end that it became you. Then it would no longer be you but this new nature that God has caused you to become. Could we then say your old sinful nature was gone?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I never said we were perfect. I never said we don't make mistakes. And I never said we should try to be more like Christ. But I have said we are not sinners.

I do not understand your terminology and definitions of words. They do not correspond with know definitions as used by most.

If you make mistakes and are not perfect, you are a sinner. Thank God (I mean this most reverently) Jesus died so we can be forgiven for our humanity while on Earth.

Perhaps you mean your sin is forgiven, wiped out, each time, as if it didnt happen in God eyes. This is not being without sin, this is mercy and grace in action when our fallen flesh sins. It is a process. Sin happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

22 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I never said we were perfect. I never said we don't make mistakes. And I never said we should try to be more like Christ. But I have said we are not sinners. Let's assume God gave you a spirit that had its own nature and it became part of you to the end that it became you. Then it would no longer be you but this new nature that God has caused you to become. Could we then say your old sinful nature was gone?

You are just playing with words here, Peter.  To be perfect, we need to be sinless, and you did say you do not sin.  From a previous post in a thread you created called "What are these spirit things that are inside of us?", you said:

I don't accept that we do not sin as you do.  We are not perfect and our flesh still fights against the Spirit and until we are no longer bound in this flesh, we will sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

40 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

Is this what you are referring to?

Rom. 7:16,17 (WEB)

16 But if what I don’t desire, that I do, I consent to the law that it is good.
17 So now it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwells in me.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

I will say only this:

One of the Great Mysteries is how mankind was both living in the Temple of God spiritually, and sinful humans at the same time. Is beyond our understanding. We can only do our best with this twin life of inside and outside humanity.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

What grip are you talking about? The Godly sorrow I live with knowing I was unable to help people understand what walking in the spirit is all about until 6 years ago? Or the sorrow that comes from understanding that Seminaries still teach from Augustine?

All of that is an anchor, and frankly gives you a bit of an bitter edge. Embrace the truth you now have and make the best of it.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery all we have is today, and it is a gift, which is why we call it the present. (Kung Fu Panda - wisdom is where toy find it)

Do not look back

Do not worry about tomorrow

Do what needs to be done today

2 hours ago, leah777 said:

I do not understand your terminology and definitions of words. They do not correspond with know definitions as used by most.

If you make mistakes and are not perfect, you are a sinner. Thank God (I mean this most reverently) Jesus died so we can be forgiven for our humanity while on Earth.

Perhaps you mean your sin is forgiven, wiped out, each time, as if it didnt happen in God eyes. This is not being without sin, this is mercy and grace in action when our fallen flesh sins. It is a process. Sin happened.

I'm not concerned with the terminology and definitions of most. I go by what I read in the Scriptures...

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

You are just playing with words here, Peter.  To be perfect, we need to be sinless, and you did say you do not sin.  From a previous post in a thread you created called "What are these spirit things that are inside of us?", you said:

I don't accept that we do not sin as you do.  We are not perfect and our flesh still fights against the Spirit and until we are no longer bound in this flesh, we will sin.

I don't play with words nor do I think like you that to be sinless one must be perfect. God never said that. Do you have a verse that says to be sinless we must be perfect. I only know what I read in the Bible and the Bible says I don't sin if I'm in Christ.

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.