• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I have always celebrated Christmas, it is a time for family and friends, time to exchange gifts, and love, and eat WAY TO MUCH! Plus those days off from work like Ovedya said!

But, it is only the day that Santa Claus comes, I have never celebrated it as the day of Christ's birth.

The church I was brought up in didn't teach Christmas as a religious holiday, but didn't say not to celebrate it as some other churches do, I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to do so. I think anytime you can get people who normally don't think about Jesus to do so is a good thing!

Edited by Kahlan929

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I told my kid that santa claus was really this guy that lived a long time ago called St. Nicholas. Now he goes around telling all the kids at school that Santa Claus is dead. :emot-handshake:

I told my kid that santa claus was really this guy that lived a long time ago called St. Nicholas. Now he goes around telling all the kids at school that Santa Claus is dead. :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhhh good job! Bet their parents loved you!

:emot-handshake:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I was just trying to make sure his faith is well placed.

If I told him santa was real and he finds out later that he's not, what's he going to think about everything I told him about Jesus? :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I was just trying to make sure his faith is well placed.

If I told him santa was real and he finds out later that he's not, what's he going to think about everything I told him about Jesus? :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point!

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Santa Claus isn't real. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He isn't? :emot-handshake::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::wub::emot-handshake::emot-handshake:

Santa Claus isn't real. :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe that explains MY having to put all of the toys together!

You may be onto something here Gerioke!

:emot-handshake:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

How many would agree the celebration of one's birth is a special occassion?

Yep. me, too. It is something we all look forward too. (Well, o.k some want to keep holding at 39 like Jack Benny, but for the most part we all love to celebrate our birth and the birth of others) :-) ANYWAY...so we don't know the exact date of the Lord's birth. It is awesome that we who love to celebrate Christmas have a special day set aside that we can honor the Lord's birthday above all birthdays.

So, when that special day rolls around let me be one of the first to rejoice and shout;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!! I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE BORN! I AM SO HUMBLED THAT YOU WOULD COME TO THIS EARTH TO LIVE, TO DIE, FOR ME. THANK YOU LORD!!

Do I celebrate Christmas? :emot-handshake::emot-handshake::emot-handshake:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Okay, so no one knows the exact date when Jesus was born. But if it was of vital importance to God for us to know, dont you suppose He would have made sure we had the precise day, date, and time? The passover is always observed on a predictable date (yes, it varies from year to year, according to something to do with a full moon), and the feast of purim, and the festival of lights and the feast of the tabernacles... all have appointed times. So, the date that is universally celebrated as Christ's birth is probably not when he was born. So what? The good news is that more people go to church, and more people hear about Jesus then than at any other time of the year. We should rejoice in that, and stop trying to quench the Spirit. Yes, Satan has perverted the 'spirit of Christmas' into the worship of things, but one thing he cannot change is The Reason for the season. And that's all I have to say about it. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Okay,  so no one knows the exact date when Jesus was born.  But if it was of vital importance to God for us to know,  dont you suppose He would have made sure we had the precise day, date, and time?  The passover is always observed on a predictable date (yes, it varies from year to year,  according to something to do with a full moon),  and the feast of purim,  and the festival of lights and the feast of the tabernacles... all have appointed times.  So,  the date that is universally celebrated as Christ's birth is probably not when he was born.  So what?  The good news is that more people go to church,  and more people hear about Jesus then than at any other time of the year.  We should rejoice in that,  and stop trying to quench the Spirit.  Yes, Satan has perverted the 'spirit of Christmas' into the worship of things,  but one thing he cannot change is The Reason for the season.  And that's all I have to say about it.  :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:emot-handshake::emot-handshake: Amen!