BCPaolo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I am not against those who do not celebrate Christmas and I am not against those who do. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. As for me, I celebrate Christmas but will not put up a Christmas tree or be associated with "Santa".

God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I think the whole "satan claus" thing is a bit OTT! As long as your children know the true meaning of Christmas, they should be allowed to enjoy the joy and exitement of santa claus, who is actually traditionally a man named Chris Kringle who was real, and went around his town in a big red suit, giving gifts to all the poor children in his area, because he was rich and decided to share his riches with those less fortunate. That tradition has been kept on with Santa Claus, which is a good thing. I dont believe Jesus would call a generous, friendly, child cheering man...satan?? As long as you make your family aware that Jesus is the reason for the season, and that santa is just a nice bonus, theres nothing wrong with it. People take things so out of context, which is the devil trying to take the Joy out of giving.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Bluebird...you make a good point. If our children know that Jesus is the reason for the season and we make santa into a "Christian" example of giving in the name of Christ...I see no reason why this would be wrong. But to have an unhealthy focus as most do on Santa during Christmas is where I draw the line. Thanks again.

God bless.

p.s. but as for the Christmas tree issue...I'm not budging. That's plainly pagan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

As for me, I celebrate Christmas but will not put up a Christmas tree or be associated with "Santa".

God bless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,and I shall be reminded of that word-change around!!!!

Santa= satan? :blink:

:taped:

Food for thought!!!

Wow. :blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I hear a lot of people who are for celebrating christmas saying things like "I'm not going to stop celebrating it just cause the dates aren't correct". I don't think anyone who is against celebrating it avoids it simply for that reason. If that was the only thing wrong with it, I'd celebrate it too!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Ba..Hum..Bug!!! :blink:

Dan

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Christmas is a golden calf.

No, I don't agree with you M4, the golden calf was made out of ignorance and fear, but those who know the meanings and traditions behind the holiday of Christ mass are decided with knowledge that they still want to participate in this desecration using the Savior's Greek name.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

No, I don't agree with you M4, the golden calf was made out of ignorance and fear, but those who know the meanings and traditions behind the holiday of Christ mass are decided with knowledge that they still want to participate in this desecration using the Savior's Greek name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok. Now I'm sure you are Lucy Van Pelt.

Some people like christmas because it is a time that family and friends come together, often from long distances. It's a time to remember the birth of Christ. I didn't even know it was a pagan holiday until I got in with you bitter legalistic lot. I did pick up on the consumer driven mammon fest, but since I dropped cable from my entertainment budget i don't have to worry about the cheesy commercials. I don't know of a community that does not have christmas carolers every year going around singing praises to the birth of our Savior. Stop your whining and sing. :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok. Now I'm sure you are Lucy Van Pelt.

Some people like christmas because it is a time that family and friends come together, often from long distances. It's a time to remember the birth of Christ. I didn't even know it was a pagan holiday until I got in with you bitter legalistic lot. I did pick up on the consumer driven mammon fest, but since I dropped cable from my entertainment budget i don't have to worry about the cheesy commercials. I don't know of a community that does not have christmas carolers every year going around singing praises to the birth of our Savior. Stop your whining and sing. :emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had to look this up:

Lucy Van Pelt works hard at being bossy, crabby and selfish ... When it comes to compliments, Lucy only likes receiving them ...

So tell me what you really think about me brother. :emot-handshake: