• Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Santa Claus isn't real. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shut yo' mouth! :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24:

What do you mean "Santa Claus isn't real"? Who told you that?

As Ronald would say, it's Teds fault. :thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357
I don't think Christians should worship on Sunday to replace the pagan system either. We have the one true Lord of Lords and king of Kings. We don't need to copy any pagan system, and it is foolishness to do so. I have no problem with worshipping God on Dec. 25 or on Sunday, but don't do it in the traditions of paganism, and don't try to claim that it is Christ's birthdate when it isn't.

Yeah, you use the same arguments to defend worshipping Jesus on the 1st day of the week, that you condemn when Christians try to explain what they are doing on Christmas. Christians repeatedly tell you that they are not trying to imitate paganism, and you turn a deaf ear. Yet when worshipping Christ on Sunday directly correlates to the pagan practice of deity worship on the same day, you employ the same logic that you claim cannot be used relative to Christmas. It is so hypocritical to pretend that Sunday worship, which has "pagan roots" just as deep as some Christmas traditions, is benign, but then turn around and condemn the observance of Christmas.

You are simply inconsistent, and refuse to acknowledge it. You condemn the paganism you don't want to participate in and make excuses for the pagan traditions you do want to observe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

SealedEternal....what day do you support the Sabbath being held on? Saturday?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I don't think Christians should worship on Sunday to replace the pagan system either. We have the one true Lord of Lords and king of Kings. We don't need to copy any pagan system, and it is foolishness to do so. I have no problem with worshipping God on Dec. 25 or on Sunday, but don't do it in the traditions of paganism, and don't try to claim that it is Christ's birthdate when it isn't.

Yeah, you use the same arguments to defend worshipping Jesus on the 1st day of the week, that you condemn when Christians try to explain what they are doing on Christmas. Christians repeatedly tell you that they are not trying to imitate paganism, and you turn a deaf ear. Yet when worshipping Christ on Sunday directly correlates to the pagan practice of deity worship on the same day, you employ the same logic that you claim cannot be used relative to Christmas. It is so hypocritical to pretend that Sunday worship, which has "pagan roots" just as deep as some Christmas traditions, is benign, but then turn around and condemn the observance of Christmas.

You are simply inconsistent, and refuse to acknowledge it. You condemn the paganism you don't want to participate in and make excuses for the pagan traditions you do want to observe.

If you're not doing it to immitate paganism, why do it on their day and use their traditions? I don't purposely worship on any day of the week, and I don't use pagan traditions. That's my only point.

If you want to worship God on Dec 25, go for it, but don't claim it's His birthdate, don't incorporate lies, don't call it Christ's mass, and don't use pagan idols or traditions.

I don't do those things, so don't try to call my hypocritical, and don't try to mischaracterize my position to justify yourself.

Guest shiloh357
I don't do those things, so don't try to call my hypocritical, and don't try to mischaracterize my position to justify yourself.

I am sorry but you are hypocritical. You employ the pagan tradition of worshipping Jesus on the first of day of the week just like the pagans did with their gods. You are without foundation to judge Christmas when you are just as "pagan."

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I just find it odd that you abhor all things pagan yet speak English. English is derived from the old Germanic Saxons. Much of our language and customs come from these pagan peoples. Such as your reference to days of the week. Sunday through Friday are all named after Germanic/Norse gods and goddesses....English is inherently pagan because it was derived from a pagan people.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Oh! what a lovely bunch of christians, all getting nowhere fast.

eric.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I am sorry but you are hypocritical. You employ the pagan tradition of worshipping Jesus on the first of day of the week just like the pagans did with their gods. You are without foundation to judge Christmas when you are just as "pagan."

How do you know what day of the week I worship on? You're intellectually dishonest, and are mischaracterizing my position. I don't forbid worship any day of the week or year, and I've made that abundantly clear. It is the lies, blasphemy, and idolotry that I am speaking against and nothing else. You're creating a straw man argument that has nothing to do with my position, and then calling me hypocritical for a position I haven't taken.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

Runs, for the door. Please show me to a Baptist or Assembly of God board, where I can be able to post without being picked on for celeberating Jesus' birth. :thumbsup::24:

betty

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Runs, for the door. Please show me to a Baptist or Assembly of God board, where I can be able to post without being picked on for celeberating Jesus' birth. :24::24:

betty

:24: Betty,

Let us Baptist girls go over to the fellowship hall and start a Christmas Party. :thumbsup: