IGNORED

There is no me in prosperity....or is there.

Riverwalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

What is the biggest problem with the ill named "prosperity" Gospel

Is it that we think we can manipulate God into making Him give us things by what we do? Treating God like a vending machine?

Is It the desire to be wealthy that overrides the desire to serve God?

Is it that the focus is on what we want, rather than what the Lord wants?

yes yes and yes

There is no me in Gospel

There is no me In Salvation

There is no me  In Service

There is no me in Humility

There is no me in submission

There is no me in Faith

But when my belief in God is all about me and making my life better. The train has jumped the tracks

Matthew 16:25

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

----------------------

Jesus SPECIFICALLY told us not to be concerned with the cares of the world. But rather to focus on God and His righteous....and God will take care of the rest

Matthew 6: 25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one [j]cubit to his [k]stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not [l]arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Enough....is enough

More is a distraction.

I am not saying that money in and of itself is bad, but our fixation on it is.

Luke 16:13

“No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

The biggest problem with that gospel is that its all about money and healing. Love is the greatest and yet it takes back seat to personal prosperity. How about giving out of love, and not to gain more wealth? And how about Pauls words that say we will be content with food and clothing? Does a prosperity preacher ever teach that? How can they when they live in a mansion? If i follow them i want a mansion too. I want to be like my teacher, thats the point of a disciple. We cant all live in mansions though, and Paul says to be content with lifes necessities.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

If prosperity teaching was truth, why do these preachers need our money? Why burden us when they have the key to abundance?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

Greeting

I think this is one of the most important topics that is not discussed honestly or addressed properly.

Salvation, healing deliverance and provision are all given by grace.

Our heavenly father has specifically, provided each one to meet a persons every need so they do not lack.

As you have said biblical prosperity is, but seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Mathew 6.33

The message is plain and clear, no gimmicks misconceptions or misleading principles.

However, the corruption that has evolved over time in the body of Christ, has affected the example teaching and practice of relationship prosperity and religious prosperity that fulfils the carnal desires.

Jesus said something interesting to the disciples and people, all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. Mathew 23.3

It is the believer’s responsibility to always refer back to the word, and follow its faithful teachings and examples.

Prosperity fellowships, depend on income to operate, and without denotations they would close or collapse.

Biblical prosperity fellowships are encouraged to obey honour and depend on God to meet their needs with praise and thanksgiving.

Man will always let man down, but Jesus will never leave us or forsake us. Hebrews 13:5

That’s a guarantee.

Edited by Aries2020
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

The main problem with the so called "prosperity gospel" message is that it puts man at the center instead of God. It turns God into a cosmic slot or vending machine that will spew money, stuff, whatever you want, so long as the right "coins" are put in the slot. It also has nothing to give when trials come into a person's life and come they will. When the trials come the "prosperity gospel" has no answer except that the person should have had more faith, essentially saying its the person's fault going through the trial. That just seems flat out evil to me. Many times we are tried for reasons we will not know until we get to glory.

Jesus does not promise us all the "stuff" we want or health. He does promise there will be trouble (tribulation) if we put Him first. Many don't like that promise, but it is there. Jesus also promises to never leave or forsake us and walks with us through the trials which the prosperity gospel has no answer for.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Believers and especially leaders in the Church are to be free from the love of money.