IGNORED

White farmers discriminated against, denied aid from democrats.

Whyme

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Whyme said:

It is racism. Prioritizing one race over another is wrong. Everyone should be treated equally. This is what democrats call progress but its actually going backwards not forwards.

Policies in our nation have disadvantaged non-whites for hundreds of years. It is not racism to extend help to those that have been victims of circumstances beyond their control.

Do you get upset when FEMA gives aid to victims of hurricanes because that discriminates against people that didn't suffer from hurricanes?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Policies in our nation have disadvantaged non-whites for hundreds of years. It is not racism to extend help to those that have been victims of circumstances beyond their control.

Do you get upset when FEMA gives aid to victims of hurricanes because that discriminates against people that didn't suffer from hurricanes?

That's not what is happening. They are discriminating against whites. Why not just treat everyone equally?  This is just more divisive politics that divides people into groups, a class warfare.

Edited by Whyme

Two wrongs never make a right.,

1 hour ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I hope you realize that the farmer who brought this suit is classified as disabled.  There are many resources available in the United States of America for disabled people. And it should be this way, in my opinion. 

Those resources are not available to those who do not have disabilities.  And, this is the way it should be.

However,  if one were to apply your logic about discrimination, then one would need to abolish any type of special resources for disabled people.  Everyone should be treated equal.  

No, you are wrong. To qualify for disability you have to be disabled. To qualify for farm aid you have to be a farmer. This is not discrimination. To give aid to black farmers but not whites is racism and discrimination. Its based on race not qualifications. Its just plain old bigotry, racism and discrimination which is illegal.

4 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having something special open just to minorities just as there is nothing wrong with having something special just for disabled.  

Everything isn't a political conspiracy.  Everything doesn't have to turn into a political fight.  

Yes there is something wrong with it, its racism and discrimination. Its illegal as well. So its ok for the government to discriminate against blacks? No of course not and neither is it ok to discriminate against whites or anyone. You are justifying racism and discrimination. We had Jim crow laws in this country at one time, created by democrats to discriminate against black Americans. Now they do it in the reverse but that ok? 

Edited by Whyme

2 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

There is your giant ever sweeping paint brush again. 

No, if it were sweeping i would have indicated all democrats but i didnt.

5 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

When you use the plural of a count noun without the definite article, it represents all. It's basic English grammar.  Let me take this opportunity to show an example that I use with ESL students. 

Apples are fruit. The apples I bought last night were very expensive. 

(All) apples are expensive this time of year.  

Thanks for the grammar lesson. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12

11 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

When you use the plural of a count noun without the definite article, it represents all. It's basic English grammar.  Let me take this opportunity to show an example that I use with ESL students. 

Apples are fruit. The apples I bought last night were very expensive. 

(All) apples are expensive this time of year.  

This principles is not always correct.  It can be a generalisation that is not true in every case.

Buses take you from A to B.  Is this true of all buses?  No, only the roadworthy ones.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/9/2021 at 12:53 PM, OneLight said:

I have a question about your statement.  How does what Trump did years ago have anything to do with what Biden just did  to segregate white farmers from the rest of the farmers in the video?

It is called deflection.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

How are South Africa and Haiti doing these days? Or Detroit or Chicago or Oakland for that matter? Or Tokyo.

Since this thread is about race, it matters to compare countries and cities managed by one race vs ones managed by another.

This is relevant: ‘The Bell Curve’ 20 years later: A Q&A with Charles Murray 

A snip:

American political and social life today is pretty much one great big “Q.E.D.” for the two main theses of “The Bell Curve.” Those theses were, first, that changes in the economy over the course of the 20th century had made brains much more valuable in the job market; second, that from the 1950s onward, colleges had become much more efficient in finding cognitive talent wherever it was and shipping that talent off to the best colleges. We then documented all the ways in which cognitive ability is associated with important outcomes in life — everything from employment to crime to family structure to parenting styles. Put those all together, we said, and we’re looking at some serious problems down the road. Let me give you a passage to quote directly from the close of the book:

Predicting the course of society is chancy, but certain tendencies seem strong enough to worry about:

• An increasingly isolated cognitive elite.
  • A merging of the cognitive elite with the affluent.
  • A deteriorating quality of life for people at the bottom end of the cognitive distribution.

Unchecked, these trends will lead the U.S. toward something resembling a caste society, with the underclass mired ever more firmly at the bottom and the cognitive elite ever more firmly anchored at the top, restructuring the rules of society so that it becomes harder and harder for them to lose. (p. 509)