• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone! 

I would like some thoughtful advise on a current situation in my extended family. Some relatives no longer want to hear my husband and I speak about God, and being slaves to Jesus Christ, that is all we want to talk about. These relatives profess to be Christians. How would you navigate this dilemma? 

In addition to that, certain relatives have cursed my husband out for speaking the gospel...again, these are professing Christians. Their argument is to let them have their walk with the Lord the way they want it, and leave them alone about it. Not only is this painful for my husband and I, we are legitimately concerned about their salvation. I welcome all comments in truth and love. 

~Sara~ 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, Always a Moon said:

I welcome all comments

It might sound harder than it actually is. Most of our EFFECTIVE witness is NOT what we say, but how we act. So my suggestion is to accept their place and just BE a Christian. They cannot misread or mishear something not said, but they can SEE.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Always a Moon said:

Hi everyone! 

I would like some thoughtful advise on a current situation in my extended family. Some relatives no longer want to hear my husband and I speak about God, and being slaves to Jesus Christ, that is all we want to talk about. These relatives profess to be Christians. How would you navigate this dilemma? 

In addition to that, certain relatives have cursed my husband out for speaking the gospel...again, these are professing Christians. Their argument is to let them have their walk with the Lord the way they want it, and leave them alone about it. Not only is this painful for my husband and I, we are legitimately concerned about their salvation. I welcome all comments in truth and love. 

~Sara~ 

I suggest you pray for them and then don't talk about it as they have requested. Don't try to take control. Give the salvation of your relatives to God. 

53 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It might sound harder than it actually is. Most of our EFFECTIVE witness is NOT what we say, but how we act. So my suggestion is to accept their place and just BE a Christian. They cannot misread or mishear something not said, but they can SEE.

I don't know if I believe in that old adage "Everywhere you go preach the gospel, and if you must, use your words." The Bible says how will they know if they don't hear, and how will they hear if you don't go preach. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation. But I know many people adhere to that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, Always a Moon said:

I don't know if I believe in that old adage "Everywhere you go preach the gospel, and if you must, use your words." The Bible says how will they know if they don't hear, and how will they hear if you don't go preach. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation. But I know many people adhere to that. 

Well, read the last bit of your quote there. But one can be all things to all men (and ladies). Sometimes not talking is the most difficult. Sometimes is is difficult to bring up the subject of the Lord. 

Blessings.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I suggest you pray for them and then don't talk about it as they have requested. Don't try to take control. Give the salvation of your relatives to God. 

Thanks for this. It seems like the only wise path forward. I repent of trying to strong-arm their repentance. Kind of ironic lol. The Holy Spirit gave me this this morning: "Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand." Philippians 4:5 

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, Always a Moon said:

Hi everyone! 

~Sara~ 

Maybe begin with we're Joint-Heirs with Christ and our mission is to spread the Gospel.   Sinners don't want to hear being a slave when it makes their existence seem like it's complete freedom.   But I completely understand your meaning and agree.   Maybe get their idealism about living for God and then work off of that.

Edited by kingdombrat

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 5/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, Always a Moon said:

certain relatives have cursed my husband out for speaking the gospel...again, these are professing Christians.

If they will not listen, then you have done your duty to them.

There is the saying, ' don't cast pearls before swine!'

As you have been advice live as a Christian before them and let them raise issues about what you believe.

May I suggest you develop the hobby of card making, so you can send them ' Christian' birthday, anniversary, Christians and Easter cards tailored to there needs.

Adam4d is a great Christian cartoonist as a source of thought provoking images.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It sounds like you've done your job already. When disciples and apostles brought the gospel to new towns, sometimes they were rejected, sometimes driven out of towns. They then went to new places.

Pray for them, live out your salvation. I was like them years ago; professing Christ but unchanged, and when a real Christian confronted me one time I reacted badly as your family did. But God eventually took hold of my heart.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/7/2021 at 2:23 PM, Always a Moon said:

For the nonce, stay quiet praying:

• 2Ti 2:24-26 -> "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

Let Jesus plow their heart and, in the right moment, he will guide you to them so that He can manifest His power in their life (2Chr 16:9)