• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Justin--she reminds so much of my wife in her energy and encouragement. Toni was/is a gift of the Lord and we make great partners in life. Sister, lover and best friend. Always steadfast. Always faithful and ever present.

She is what I am not!

The Lord has smiled on you brother. I am afraid my life is not so sweet as yours.

But I rejoice in the fact that some folk really do have a good wife.

• Thumbs Up 1

I trust Josheb will attempt to get this OP back on the rails.

LOL

Actually it was me that started this particular train wreck...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, Justin Adams said:

The Lord has smiled on you brother. I am afraid my life is not so sweet as yours.

But I rejoice in the fact that some folk really do have a good wife.

Amen! The first was not so and our road has been filled with much betrayal of those we loved and hard times and yet, we have in His Grace continued ever moving forward.

Difficulties are the knife edge that whittles away what is not Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

Difficulties are the knife edge that whittles away what is not Christ

OUCH

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

I've been silent for a while. Stillness opens my eyes to what I miss when I'm preoccupied with the moment. The Spirit reminds me of these words written by the apostle James,

So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. (James 1:19-20 NKJV)

I remember those lessons I received of God in brokenness and humility. It's better to be cheated by our neighbor, even brethren, and remain silent if we're accused falsely. The Lord spoke, saying the servant is not greater than his master, and I remember how He who is blameless was led like a lamb to the slaughter.

He did not seek to vindicate Himself at any time. He could have petitioned the Father and legions of angels would have come from heaven to His side. Indeed, there were a great many things which the Son of Man could have done: if His kingdom were of this world as certain Jews and even His disciples believed, He would have commanded them to fight but He did not, because His kingdom is not of this world.  

Speak the truth meekly and with love, remembering that the Lord loved us even when we were rebellious strangers. He loved us first and the servant is not greater than our Master. It was through these lessons that the Lord taught me to be silent just as He was.

This is balm for the eyes and water for the soul. I was silent and when the illumination of His Spirit addressed my blindness and stubborn impatience, confusion and error rose to the surface like dross in the furnace fire. 

The kingdom is not of this world and so His reign does not conform to patterns familiar to man.
The kingdom was at hand when John the Baptist was sent to declare this. John baptized with water but the Lord baptizes with fire and Spirit. John testified of the Word made flesh. 
The Lord rests in the hearts of His people who are living stones in His temple raised without hands.
His people are His holy nation, kings and priests of God and Christ.
We are seated with Christ in the heavenly places; Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father. We are seated with God upon His throne. 
We are His Body and He is our Head; because we endure on this earth, we are therefore His Kingdom on this earth. We are His Body in this world. 

Thus the "millennium" began when the Son of Man, whom we are like ourselves, ascended to sit with our Father upon His throne. This is the truth meekly expressed with love. Each facet of the truth may be witnessed in the scriptures. The prophets and apostles testified of Truth. 

I will not argue nor contend with anyone. It's not my place so I will remain silent, remembering those lessons I received of God in brokenness and humility. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I've been silent for a while. Stillness opens my eyes to what I miss when I'm preoccupied with the moment. The Spirit reminds me of these words written by the apostle James,

So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. (James 1:19-20 NKJV)

I remember those lessons I received of God in brokenness and humility. It's better to be cheated by our neighbor, even brethren, and remain silent if we're accused falsely. The Lord spoke, saying the servant is not greater than his master, and I remember how He who is blameless was led like a lamb led to the slaughter.

He did not seek to vindicate Himself at any time. He could have petitioned the Father and legions of angels would have come from heaven to His side. Indeed, there were a great many things which the Son of Man could have done: if His kingdom were of this world as certain Jews and even His disciples believed, He would have commanded them to fight but He did not, because His kingdom is not of this world.  

Speak the truth meekly and with love, remembering that the Lord loved us even when we were rebellious strangers. He loved us first and the servant is not greater than our Master. It was through these lessons that the Lord taught me to be silent just as He was.

This is balm for the eyes and water for the soul. I was silent and when the illumination of His Spirit addressed my blindness and stubborn impatience, confusion and error rose to the surface like dross in the furnace fire. 

The kingdom is not of this world and so His reign does not conform to patterns familiar to man.
The kingdom was at hand when John the Baptist was sent to declare this. John baptized with water but the Lord baptizes with fire and Spirit. John testified of the Word made flesh. 
The Lord rests in the hearts of His people who are living stones in His temple raised without hands.
His people are His holy nation, kings and priests of God and Christ.
We are seated with Christ in the heavenly places; Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father. We are seated with God upon His throne. 
We are His Body and He is our Head; because we endure on this earth, we are therefore His Kingdom on this earth. We are His Body in this world. 

Thus the "millennium" began when the Son of Man, whom we are like ourselves, ascended to sit with our Father upon His throne. This is the truth meekly expressed with love. Each facet of the truth may be witnessed in the scriptures. The prophets and apostles testified of Truth. 

I will not argue nor contend with anyone. It's not my place so I will remain silent, remembering those lessons I received of God in brokenness and humility. 

Dear brother--I learned a valuable lesson from a wee book I read that describes among other things the events surrounding David and Saul. Saul threw spears at David. David did not throw a spear back at Saul.

There was no need because David didn't get hit by a spear.

Folks in this life will throw spears, but we don't have to be hit by them--so we are then left to behave proactively, rather than reactively. Often times, the Lord does not want us to engage the spear throwers.

Learn to duck....figuratively. 

:-)

• Loved it! 1

52 minutes ago, Alive said:

Amen! The first was not so and our road has been filled with much betrayal of those we loved and hard times and yet, we have in His Grace continued ever moving forward.

Difficulties are the knife edge that whittles away what is not Christ.

A wonderful analogy, brother. It's identical in spirit to other analogies prevalent in scripture.

The metallurgical analogy, silver refined in the furnace. I researched ancient metallurgy and it was an edifying venture. Very illuminating. 
The vinedresser analogy, pruning for the abundant yield.
The shepherd analogy. There's always one sheep who wanders away and becomes lost. The good shepherd leaves the flock (the 99) to return the one to the fold. 
The potter analogy, one which describes how we are clay in His hands. 

:) 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Actually it was me that started this particular train wreck...

"Train wreck" is another analogy... ;)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 hours ago, kingdombrat said:

Do you believe Christ is Reigning and Ruling by Spirit, currently?

Christ reigns in the heart of His Children but a day will come when every knee will bow and confess Him as Lord to the glory of God The Father...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Alive said:

There are myriad verses across the pages of scripture that say these things--has something changed this since the time of David?

Psa. 47:1 (ESVS)    Clap your hands, all peoples!    Shout to God with loud songs of joy!

2  For the LORD, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth.

3  He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet.

4  He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah

Psa. 47:5 (ESVS)    God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.

6  Sing praises to God, sing praises!   Sing praises to our King, sing praises!

7  For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm!

Psa. 47:8 (ESVS)    God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne.

9 The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham.   For the shields of the earth belong to God;   he is highly exalted!

Daniel 7:18 (NKJV) [18] ‘But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.’
As the Kingdom of God is stated that which is eternal... we know this heaven and earth passes away and will not be remembered thus the Kingdom of God will be the new heaven and earth...