Justin Adams

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

A flood of paperback books, advocating the theory of premillennialism, has invaded the religious market in recent years. One of the first widely-popular efforts was titled, The Late Great Planet Earth. It was authored by Hal Lindsey, a graduate of the school of theology at the Dallas Theological Seminary.

The thrust of Lindsey’s book is two-fold: First, it espouses the premillennial theory of Christ’s second coming. Second, it interprets present world political trends as signs of the imminent return of Jesus Christ.

A more recent production, advocating the same general theory, is the fictional Left Behind series. The popularity of this effort has enabled the originators to develop a parallel film series as well. No doubt, there is great interest in the religious world of end-time events.

The Issue Defined

The premillennial concept is the result of literalizing a few symbolic verses in the book of Revelation, coupled with a considerable disregard for scores of Bible passages of clearest import. The word “premillennial” itself is derived of two components—“pre” signifies before, and “millennium” denotes a period of one thousand years. The theory thus suggests that Christ will return to the earth just prior to a one-thousand-year reign.

The premillennial theory is advanced in several different ways. It is, therefore, not an easy task to generalize regarding this system of doctrine. We will focus mainly on that branch of millennialism that is known as dispensational premillennialism. The following quotations are introduced to bring some of the main points into focus:

It is held that the Old Testament prophets predicted the re-establishment of David’s kingdom and that Christ himself intended to bring this about. It is alleged however, that because the Jews refused his person and work he postponed the establishment of his kingdom until the time of his return. Meanwhile, it is argued, the Lord gathered together “the church” as a kind of interim measure (Kevan 1999, 352).

Generally, premillennialists believe that shortly before the second coming the world will be marked by extraordinary tribulation and evil and the appearance of the Anti-Christ. At his coming, Christ will destroy this anti-Christ and believers will be raised from the dead. There will then follow a millennium of peace and order over which Christ will reign with his saints. At the close of this time, Satan will be loosed and the forces of evil will once again be rampant. The wicked will then be raised, and a final judgment will take place in which Satan and all evil ones will be consigned to eternal punishment (Harvey 1964, 151).

For centuries the Jews have been scattered among many nations. In preparation for the return of Christ and the beginning of the millennium, they are being gathered back to their own land, according to prophecy, in a national restoration. David’s throne will be re-established at Jerusalem, and through these restored people as a nucleus Christ will reign with his immortal saints over the whole world (Nichols n.d., 279).

To summarize, the premillennial view asserts that Christ came to this earth for the purpose of setting up his kingdom. He was, however, surprisingly rejected by the Jews. Hence, he postponed the kingdom plans and set up the church instead—as sort of an emergency measure. When he returns, he allegedly will raise only the righteous dead, restore national Israel, sit upon David’s literal throne in Jerusalem, and then reign for a span of one thousand years—after which comes the resurrection of the wicked and the judgment.

One of the primary fallacies of the premillennial concept is a materialistic view of the reign of Christ. This same notion was entertained by the ancient Jews and actually was responsible for their rejection and crucifixion of the Messiah. The fact is, this mistaken Jewish expectation of a literal, material kingdom spawned the millennial doctrine that was taught in the early post-apostolic age. As one historian observed:

The idea of a millennial reign proceeded from Judaism, for among the Jews the representation was current, that the Messiah would reign a thousand years on earth, and then bring to a close the present terrestrial System. This calculation was arrived at, by a literal interpretation of Psalm 90:4, “A thousand years are in thy sight as one day.” It was further argued that as the World was created in six days, so it would last six thousand years, the seventh thousand would be a period of repose, a sabbath on Earth to be followed by the destruction of the World (Neander 1858, 248).

The necessary implications of the premillennial doctrine are grave indeed. This teaching strikes treacherously at numerous facets of Biblical truth. Let us consider some of these crucial matters.

Christ’s Rejection by the Jews

The premillennial view implies that the Jewish rejection of Christ was an unexpected miscarriage in the plans of God. Whereas, the truth is, his rejection was plainly foretold by the Old Testament prophets. Isaiah had prophetically asked, “Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?” (53:1).

In the New Testament, when describing the rebellion of the Jews, John wrote:

But though he had done so many signs before them, yet they believed not on him: that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? And to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? (John 12:37, 38).

Again, it was prophesied: “The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner” (Psalm 118:22; cf. Matthew 21:33-46).

Having been foretold centuries before, the Jewish rejection of Christ was no surprise.

The assertion that the kingdom was not set up in the first century, but is yet to come, strikes at the very heart of the inspiration of the prophets.

John the Baptizer: “The Kingdom Is Near”

John the Baptizer, Jesus himself, and the twelve disciples all preached that the kingdom was “at hand,” literally meaning “is come near” (Matthew 3:2; 4:17; 10:7; cf. Luke 21:30 for the meaning of “at hand”). Thus, they preached the nearness of the kingdom of God, and such can scarcely be harmonized with the notion that it hasn’t come.

Excerpt from: https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/322-examining-premillennialism

Edited by Justin Adams
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

To summarize, the premillennial view asserts that Christ came to this earth for the purpose of setting up his kingdom. He was, however, surprisingly rejected by the Jews. Hence, he postponed the kingdom plans and set up the church instead—as sort of an emergency measure.

This and other statements of the above writing grossly misinterpret the simple meaning of the term premillennial. That term simply means that Christ will return, at the end of this present world age, to reign on earth for a thousand years. There MANY different versions of premillennialism; the Hal Lindsey et. al. school is merely one of them.

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

John the Baptizer, Jesus himself, and the twelve disciples all preached that the kingdom was “at hand,” literally meaning “is come near” (Matthew 3:2; 4:17; 10:7; cf. Luke 21:30 for the meaning of “at hand”). Thus, they preached the nearness of the kingdom of God, and such can scarcely be harmonized with the notion that it hasn’t come.

Not at all. The coming of the Kingdom at Christ's first coming was conditional. The Jews and the Romans/Gentiles rejected it. As prophesied. So it was "at hand" but not accepted. Next time it will be imposed. Lamb first, Lion second.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The coming of the Kingdom at Christ's first coming was conditional.

Not at all. His Kingdom is NOW and we are Priest and Kings in His Kingdom. He is seated at the right hand of Glory (the Father) who has put ALL THINGS under His feet. No conditions. He is King Now. We are in His Kingdom Reign right NOW.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Just now, Justin Adams said:

Not at all. His Kingdom is NOW and we are Priest and Kings in His Kingdom. He is seated at the right hand of Glory (the Father) who has put ALL THINGS under His feet. No conditions. He is King Now.

He has a throne in heaven, but the Kingdom and throne of David have not yet been established on earth.

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

That until hasn't been fulfilled yet. It will be at the 7th Trumpet:

Rev. 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

• Thumbs Up 2

All wrong, just as the diabolical plot has well been taken on board. Sorry but absolutely wrong. The Kingdom is already the Lord's.

Yeshua reigns NOW.

This is at the heart of all the fake end times stuff:

Tim Lahaye and Lindsey both say that Yeshua failed and will have to come back later. They sold millions of false prophecy books and so now it is taught from pulpits. “Hang on folk, we are defeated but soon the great sky elevator will take us away and the 1000 years begins”.

THIS IS ALL GARBAGE.

If we do not want to ACT with His Spirit's empowerment, then we will let the world infect the church.
haSatan the opposer is tied up and his influence is restricted, as prophesied.
However, we might listen to the rhetoric of the deposed pantheons (the archons) and let them control us and our thoughts. (It is all smoke and mirrors!)

It is our choice in the matter. The reason it seems to be going to hell in a hand basket is due to us... We let it happen. Every day.  We continually look over our shoulders for the next Camping event. What a waste of time the dispensationalist ideas are.
Let us stop looking for a ‘beast’ and a ‘mark’ and a ‘tribulation’ and all the other pursuits that are a waste of time. Let us instead ACT on our salvation beliefs and evangelize the lost.

We are in the so called ‘millennium’ right now. Are we making the most of it? The pre-mil futurists want to push Yeshua’s Reign out to some distant event. This causes us to be lax and non effectual in day to day life. He has given us the tools. We have to pick them up and use them. NOW.

All that is necessary for evil to abound is for good men to do nothing. We often give credit to the fallen foe and say, 'satan made me do it' etc. This is just not true. We are the sinners and have listened to the wrong Gospel.  We will not stop sinning, but the point is, are we working towards  God’s Kingdom and pushing His True  Gospel?

"Evil people run even though no one is chasing them, but good people are as brave as a lion. The wicked are edgy with guilt, ready to run off even when no one's after them;"

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you”.

"And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus"

"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."

"we are more than victorious, more than conquerors because of our LORD JESUS CHRIST"

We Reign With Christ Now (1 Cor. 15:24-25; Rev. 5:9-10)
Kings and Priests now (Rev. 1:6) 
Reign in life through righteousness (Rom. 5:17)

in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us”.

Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people.”

Do you not know that you yourselves are God's temple, and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature”.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

15 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Not at all. His Kingdom is NOW and we are Priest and Kings in His Kingdom. He is seated at the right hand of Glory (the Father) who has put ALL THINGS under His feet. No conditions. He is King Now. We are in His Kingdom Reign right NOW.

Sin is definitely here thus it is not the kingdom of God... for when Jesus was here He said this:

John 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
KJV

and as long as sin is permitted God is not ruling over that...

14 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Sin is definitely here thus it is not the kingdom of God... for when Jesus was here He said this:

**36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
KJV

Yes God is Sovereign over EVERYTHING.

And AFTER the resurrection HE REIGNS OVER ALL because He is Seated at the Right hand of the Father.. (that above proof text quote is poorly chosen).** Those who presume God is not in charge, deny the Divinity of His Majesty on High. His Kingdom always was over ALL THE COSMOS. Those that deny this are in fearful danger...

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

“All things under his feet.” Jesus’ enemies, and thus our enemies, lay vanquished in the fight. They have no power over us. And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. Christ has already won the victory over death, but for a while yet, death still takes its toll among us. Yet Christ has taken the sting out of death. On the day when he returns–and that day is coming–on that day death itself will be overthrown once and for all, finally and for good. When it looks like the enemies are winning, when it feels like Jesus has gone on vacation and isn’t caring for you–at those times, remember Ascension Day. Remember that Jesus Christ has won the final victory for us, that he has ascended into heaven and is seated at God’s right hand and that all things have been placed under his feet.

God is ABSOLUTELY SOVEREIGN over EVERYTHING. (The fact that some unbelieving Christians just stay at home is very sad.) The sin of unbelief is what Hebrews is all about. I suggest we read this from time to time.)

Spiritual Wisdom
…20 which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything

Yes, even powerless believers who prefer to wait.. why the wait? Because of poor teachings and fear of looking silly.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

26 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
KJV

Jesus was making the point that his kingdom is not about physical rulership, unlike worldly kingdoms, otherwise we would fight for him physically.

Jesus' servants were (and are) in the kingdom of God (in spirit).  The kingdom of God is within us and he rules in the spirits of born again Christians.

Incidentally, even where there is sin, God is still ruling and reigning, but not in the sense that sinners are willingly submitted to him.  Even the sinful wrath of man brings praise to God, by furthering his purposes, but the remainder of wrath, God restrains.

Ps. 76:10 (KJV) Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, David1701 said:

Jesus was making the point that his kingdom is not about physical rulership, unlike worldly kingdoms, otherwise we would fight for him physically.

Jesus' servants were (and are) in the kingdom of God (in spirit).  The kingdom of God is within us and he rules in the spirits of born again Christians.

Incidentally, even where there is sin, God is still ruling and reigning, but not in the sense that sinners are willingly submitted to him.  Even the sinful wrath of man brings praise to God, by furthering his purposes, but the remainder of wrath, God restrains.

Ps. 76:10 (KJV) Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.

because physically was occurring this idea you are foisting upon the text...  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

because physically was occurring this idea you are foisting upon the text...  

Feel free to demonstrate that your insulting claim is true, by providing actual evidence...