• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

18 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Could we at least begin without hostility?

Anyone who proposes Theistic Evolution proposes hostility to what the Bible says, and, therefore, hostility to the God who inspired it, and, therefore, hostility to God's people who believe the Bible.

You should not be surprised that Bible believers want to defend the Bible, and the Lord's honour, against such hostility.

16 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I will bring up a couple of things related to Romans 5 and 1 Corinthians 15. First, these passages are more likely to refer to humans, specifically. In addition, the passages are also discussing life and death of a different sort. The death Adam (and his sin) brought is more profoundly spiritual death, and not physical death. The life Jesus brings is eternal life, also of a different sort, not just a reanimation of the bodies we currently possess. I believe it is a misapplication of clear Scripture to take these passages and to force them onto all living things.

And your belief is based on what?  A belief in Theistic Evolution?  It certainly is not based on contextual understanding of Rom. 5 and 1 Cor. 15!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Anyone who proposes Theistic Evolution proposes hostility to what the Bible says, and, therefore, hostility to the God who inspired it, and, therefore, hostility to God's people who believe the Bible.

You should not be surprised that Bible believers want to defend the Bible, and the Lord's honour, against such hostility.

So TE's are outside of "God's people"?

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

16 minutes ago, David1701 said:

It certainly is not based on contextual understanding of Rom. 5 and 1 Cor. 15!

Feel free to explain why my comments were wrong.

9 minutes ago, teddyv said:

So TE's are outside of "God's people"?

In days gone by, you would have been treated as heretics; nowadays, anything goes, it seems.

I can't say whether or not you (plural) are saved; but, I can say that you are teaching contrary to the Bible, in the areas of creation, entrance of sin into the world, entrance of death into the world (these all undermine the gospel), timescales (enormously!), the biblical concept of created kinds and, in some cases, things like the global flood, Tower of Babel, etc..  It's a litany of unbelief and is not evidence that a person is saved; although he might be saved and just have a stronghold in this area that needs to be broken down.

Edited by David1701

6 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Feel free to explain why my comments were wrong.

I tell you what: you answer my questions first (you know, the ones you deleted, when you quoted my post), then I'll give you an explanation.  That's fair, is it not?

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I tell you what: you answer my questions first (you know, the ones you deleted, when you quoted my post), then I'll give you an explanation.  That's fair, is it not?

Give me assurance that you will attempt to exhibit the fruits of the Spirit in our conversation. I will be happy to talk after that.

Just now, one.opinion said:

Give me assurance that you will attempt to exhibit the fruits of the Spirit in our conversation. I will be happy to talk after that.

I'll give you that assurance (but that does not mean that my tone will necessarily be calm and neutral).  Will you give the same? 

Your OP shows several instances of not exhibiting the fruit of the Holy Spirit (false teaching, unbelief, etc.).  Fruit is not all about being "nice", especially not in response to things like deception.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

20 hours ago, one.opinion said:

*  I grew up in a family where I was taught Young Earth Creation. However, as a Biology major as an undergraduate and through the process of earning a PhD degree in a molecular virology lab, I became convinced that there was too much evidence supporting evolution to be ignored.

The last grade I completed in grade school was the 8th. Twenty six years later while I was residing in the state of California, the Lord moved upon me to step foot into an college admissions testing center where the state offered collegiate aptitude/placement exams free of charge. I expected to fail miserably but the Lord said otherwise. 

I was stunned by the results of my exams. His Spirit spoke truly as He always does. I was qualified to enroll in middle division courses in every area except for math (college algebra for me). After consulting with an academic counselor, I decided to pursue Computer Science but this was short-lived; a seemingly chance encounter with an anthropology professor in the campus cafeteria before my second semester changed everything. Two hours after he asked, "Mind if I sit here?," I dumped my CS coursework and changed my academic plan according to his guidance. 

Most anthropologists spend the majority of their lives pursuing a PhD (the perpetual student!), so only the department head was a PhD. I was pursuing three of the four fields of North American anthropology --- biological, cultural, and linguistic --- but bones were my calling, hence the department started grooming me for a career in forensic anthropology (a sub-field of biological anthropology). I was looking at transferring to UC Berkley before everything changed and the Lord sent me elsewhere. 

We share biology in common. :)   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marathoner said:

We share biology in common. :) 

We all share biology in common! :emot-LOL: