• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

How do u get money without working or doing business ?

Did anybody knock ur door bringing the money reward from God ? "Hey this is the money reward from God for ur charity".

People shud not expect prosperity to come by giving donation as thats not a cheerful giver.

A person can test too see nonetheless.

Malachi 3:10

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this,” says the LORD of Hosts. “See if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out for you blessing without measure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

LOL  I knew you would get a wide response of replies when it concerns giving.

When you start messing with peoples wallets, they instantly get defensive. LOL. And the most defensive are the ones who are 'cheap' towards God, and greedy towards themselves. It is human nature to be stingy. God's plan is for us to give expecting Him to provide for our needs. Sowing and Reaping. (parable of the Sower)

Having said that, I have tithed when I was only making 300 dollars a week, on food programs, feeding my wife and I and 5 kids, and mother, making house payments, and believing God for gas money. It was tight, but, we always were clothed, fed, and had our basic needs met. God used people to help us who knew nothing of our finances and need, and that happened regularly. We found good things we needed at garage sales, and other ways. We looked like a normal happy family (and we were except for our finances). After my oldest daughter was on her own and married, she told me "Dad . . . I never knew we were poor". I told her that God was our provider, and her mother and I prayed for our needs and also our wants. HE provided for us.

I did not tithe because I had to . .. I tithed and gave offerings because I absolutely was in love with Jesus and giving was one way I could bless Him. Just that simple.

Over the years (45) he has multiplied my income 10 fold. My giving went up with my income. Did I give to get more? NO. I gave out of my love for Him. Cheerfully as the scripture says. Now, I just look back and marvel how far he has brought my family as we serve Him and both Give and Receive. I don't regret a single tithe or offering I have given to the Lord through my local church and ministries I support, as well as people I see having needs.

But, that is my experience . . . and of course there was a whole lot more to 'serving' Jesus besides giving. Giving is just one of those subjects that stingy/cheap people don't want to hear about. But, it is part of the Bible. And the Bible is a book, NOT an verse.

Go ahead and tell me that tithing has passed away. Tell me that God does not give back in response to what we give to Him. You are too late!  My life's experience has proven that obedience to scriptures concerning giving is the right and honorable thing to do, and, I will just laugh at all that cheap/greedy silliness . . . 

Hope this helps somebody reading this . . . 

Grace and Peace . .  

Ray . . . 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

How do people get money if  they don't do business or work ? 

I work 40 hours per week. I bless others and others bless me.

Years ago the first time I tithed on Sunday when I went to pick my son up from daycare on Monday they said I overpaid by $100 and gave me $100 that day. I was not making much then and I did not recall overpaying. I considered it a blessing from God. 

Another year when I didn’t have much money I went to get my sons layaway out and was told I was a secret Santa recipient and it was already paid for, another blessing from God.

I randomly give to the poor and I am in want of nothing, and I make much better money now. God has increased my pay - a blessing from God. 

Just a few examples but even my job itself is a blessing from God. Everything I have from my job, car, home to the socks on my feet all come from God.

God says we should not be lazy and that we are to work.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Please don't quote prosperity verses to persuade people to donate money.

I don’t put verses in categories to me it’s all the word of God.

I love giving to those in need. Remember God says give only if you want to because he wants us to be cheerful about it. If anyone does not want to give they should not give because it would be fruitless.

I do not give to receive but I can’t help that I do receive anyway. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

Amen, @Chicken coop2.  And hey, even a smile and a cheery hello to a lonely person are a way of giving in the Lord’s eyes.  DFF1CDC0-16F3-47F3-9907-C406CB214855.gif.b1c9867b98686fdf0e6af9b9d43ed9c8.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.67
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

5 hours ago, hishandmaiden said:

I really struggle with the issue of giving.

God is challenging me in this area of my life.

I want to give to God's works.

Please pray for me!

Yes, I will be praying for you regarding the topic of giving. Just keep in mind that Jesus gave His very life for us. Could we then willingly give to others when needed?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BeyondET said:

this part is interesting i like it, are those your words or unknown, seems similar to Luke 18:29/30, 

They are not my words. My sources for quotes are numerous, so I couldn't identify for you the origin of this particular quote. Thank you for asking.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BeyondET said:

A person can test too see nonetheless.

Malachi 3:10

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this,” says the LORD of Hosts. “See if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out for you blessing without measure.

Have you ever think of "giving" in a broader way? Yes, money is one way, but giving of  your time and talents (without money) can be just as good - or maybe even better -than cash.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

LOL  I knew you would get a wide response of replies when it concerns giving.

When you start messing with peoples wallets, they instantly get defensive. LOL. And the most defensive are the ones who are 'cheap' towards God, and greedy towards themselves. It is human nature to be stingy. God's plan is for us to give expecting Him to provide for our needs. Sowing and Reaping. (parable of the Sower)

Having said that, I have tithed when I was only making 300 dollars a week, on food programs, feeding my wife and I and 5 kids, and mother, making house payments, and believing God for gas money. It was tight, but, we always were clothed, fed, and had our basic needs met. God used people to help us who knew nothing of our finances and need, and that happened regularly. We found good things we needed at garage sales, and other ways. We looked like a normal happy family (and we were except for our finances). After my oldest daughter was on her own and married, she told me "Dad . . . I never knew we were poor". I told her that God was our provider, and her mother and I prayed for our needs and also our wants. HE provided for us.

I did not tithe because I had to . .. I tithed and gave offerings because I absolutely was in love with Jesus and giving was one way I could bless Him. Just that simple.

Over the years (45) he has multiplied my income 10 fold. My giving went up with my income. Did I give to get more? NO. I gave out of my love for Him. Cheerfully as the scripture says. Now, I just look back and marvel how far he has brought my family as we serve Him and both Give and Receive. I don't regret a single tithe or offering I have given to the Lord through my local church and ministries I support, as well as people I see having needs.

But, that is my experience . . . and of course there was a whole lot more to 'serving' Jesus besides giving. Giving is just one of those subjects that stingy/cheap people don't want to hear about. But, it is part of the Bible. And the Bible is a book, NOT an verse.

Go ahead and tell me that tithing has passed away. Tell me that God does not give back in response to what we give to Him. You are too late!  My life's experience has proven that obedience to scriptures concerning giving is the right and honorable thing to do, and, I will just laugh at all that cheap/greedy silliness . . . 

Hope this helps somebody reading this . . . 

Grace and Peace . .  

Ray . . . 

You said "there was a whole lot more to 'serving' Jesus besides giving." Very true.

Each of us have been gifted in some way(s). Offering to help others at their time of need may be our physical help, our prayers, our encouraging others to also join us to meet the needs of others. But, before we just "plunge in" and start doing anything,our first - and most important -task is to pray. Then wait and listen for God's "still, small voice" speaking to us. Then act in the way you believe God wants you to do.

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I work 40 hours per week. I bless others and others bless me.

Years ago the first time I tithed on Sunday when I went to pick my son up from daycare on Monday they said I overpaid by $100 and gave me $100 that day. I was not making much then and I did not recall overpaying. I considered it a blessing from God. 

Another year when I didn’t have much money I went to get my sons layaway out and was told I was a secret Santa recipient and it was already paid for, another blessing from God.

I randomly give to the poor and I am in want of nothing, and I make much better money now. God has increased my pay - a blessing from God. 

Just a few examples but even my job itself is a blessing from God. Everything I have from my job, car, home to the socks on my feet all come from God.

God says we should not be lazy and that we are to work.

I'm thrilled that you shared with all of us how God has provided financially in your life at times and ways you didn't expect. Your example gives us a pattern of future ways to act in our own lives. We will probably see God's hand at work in and through us in way we never expected or imagined.

• Thumbs Up 1