• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

This weekend a neighbor girl about 22 came over to my garage to learn how to fix something.    Rather than demonstrating, I guided her in doing it.    

She told me about a guy she was trying to get rid of.    Today, while driving I saw her on the side of the road with him.   So, I waved,  She waved back and blew me a kiss.   I caught it and blew one back.    She then held her hand next to her ear and yelled call me honey.   Later today, we talked about it.   The guy was very upset.   She told him I was her boyfriend.   He now wants nothing to do with her.    I am 65.  :-)

How has anyone else helped someone to cut lose a jerk from a friend or neighbor?

• Haha 3

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hi.. to help others praise God. I am outside looking in. For me the kiss.. blowing it back, calling you honey, telling that guy you were her boyfriend. 

Do you see it? Is it the truth? Not it's a lie and misleading. Do you know the guy ever talk to him? You said "to cut lose a jerk". Please tell me this was not based on ONLY on what she said. For me everything should be a witness of the truth.. that truth is Jesus Christ in ALL things :) Bless you. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

As a Christian, you need to be extra careful in this age we live in.  As a 71 year old introvert, I don't have this problem.  But then again, I don't make friends easily, in fact, I don't try.  My wife is the only person I am close to.  I'll give directions to a people in need, and help when I can.  I'll wave at a neighbor if they wave at me first.  I don't remember their names and probably wouldn't recognize them if I ran into at a store.  If it wasn't for my wife, I'd be a hermit or monk with lots of dogs. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

It's been very difficult for me to admit I'm on the other side of old. If I were still middle aged we would be talking about living to 118 years old.

It took an adjustment slowly over time for me to come to grips with the fact that I'm "that old guy" I once looked at when I was 25-30. When you're 22 30 is old. When you're 30 50 something is old. I'm not sure what old will be if I live to be 70. I feel like I'm already there in my late 50's...almost 60. I went from dad to "pop pop". People might describe me as that old guy with the greyish goatee.

So like most of you I no longer see a 22 year old the way I once did. Thank God. They were once an item. Now they are my daughter..or younger. I have a daughter in her 30's. I'm that harmless old man down the street always working on his house. If my church had a geriatric praise team I guess I would be on it. I am amazed the young people in their 20's-30's still like to play with me. When I was their age I probably would have asked if there was a team for "them". I mean, I try to look younger but it's like painting a turd. Can't really fool anyone. My wife tells me I look nice for my age. Oh well.:noidea: I guess that's a compliment. 

That whole dynamic with anyone 20 something has changed. It's nice to still relate to that age though I have no idea how I do it? 

@Daniel Marsh The only thing I can think of anywhere near to your story is I walked a very beautiful woman down the isle not long ago. I don't mean she was beautiful I mean she was stunningly beautiful. A real looker. When she walked into anywhere people stared that's how apparent she was. THAT woman asked me to walk her down the isle for her wedding because there were issues with her real father. I felt honored to play that part. I guess I must have looked the father figure ok for it. Either that or she couldn't find anyone else and wanted to get married quickly in a formal ceremony :noidea:

• This is Worthy 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

We all got to have fun in the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

As a 67yr old, I can see how that would be rather enjoyable....a "Made my day" type thing.