• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Ray12614 said:

When we tear each other down, we are possibly tearing down the temple of the HG?

I believe so, 

“All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder, adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:21-22‬ ‭

and I also believe it’s wrong to tear down anyone wether they have the HG or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

I believe so, 

“All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder, adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:21-22‬ ‭

and I also believe it’s wrong to tear down anyone wether they have the HG or not.

It's interesting that some see  a few of these as what they consider to be lesser sins compared to others. People sometimes justify themselves based on this assumption.

For instance a person may say to themselves, I have had bad thoughts, I have had greed, I have occasionally lied yet I didn't murder anyone so I'm not as bad as the person who murdered or committed adultery, yet all of these actions are lumped together in these verses. Some people won't admit a sin when they are doing it, for instance we might say, " I didn't really insult anyone I just forcefully disagreed with them" when in reality they DID insult someone.

If one person is correct and another person is wrong in what spirit should we present our case? ( I am addressing this to everyone here). Should we gang up on them and take sides with those who agree with us? Or should we try to bring them around with love and reason? Should we belittle them because we think they are ignorant or to show everyone else we know the answer. Do we approach them in secret to discuss it? Do we let it go and pray that we will all know the truth? In a public forum this seldom happens. Lines are drawn. Sides are taken.Attacks are inevitable. It's almost as if people want a fight. Really? What do numbers matter if a person is not convinced?

I try to remember I was in the place that person is in now or maybe I'll be there in the future. I think we have ALL sinned against our temples at one time or another. This is not to say it's ok to do so.I think the scripture is given for individual self reflection and not as a club to hammer someone else in this case for who among us is innocent in all of these?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

I was getting somewhat off topic here. The question had to do with our "temples" or our bodies. As has already been said, scripture shows sexual sins are considered defiling the temple and unfortunately probably one of the more common vices of men since Jesus said to even LOOK on a woman with lust is a sin. I don't know of any man who hasn't probably done that at one time or another. In men with high T levels it's like laying a steak out in front when we haven't eaten in 3 days. In older men not so much which is one blessing to getting older ;). As Christians at some point it just gets old, redundant and we hate it, yet it's that old flesh hanging on that fights us to the death to let go. The Lord is slowly bringing us all around to conform to His image.

I don't think dishonoring our temples stops at sex. What do we put into them as food? What habits do we have that could destroy our temples? What are we not doing that could make our temples healthier? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Starise said:

I was getting somewhat off topic here. The question had to do with our "temples" or our bodies. As has already been said, scripture shows sexual sins are considered defiling the temple and unfortunately probably one of the more common vices of men since Jesus said to even LOOK on a woman with lust is a sin. I don't know of any man who hasn't probably done that at one time or another. In men with high T levels it's like laying a steak out in front when we haven't eaten in 3 days. In older men not so much which is one blessing to getting older ;). As Christians at some point it just gets old, redundant and we hate it, yet it's that old flesh hanging on that fights us to the death to let go. The Lord is slowly bringing us all around to conform to His image.

I don't think dishonoring our temples stops at sex. What do we put into them as food? What habits do we have that could destroy our temples? What are we not doing that could make our temples healthier? 

Paul says all food is pure.  Of course he wasnt talking about processed food with a bunch of additives that wasnt yet invented, but still he says all food is pure. Im having a hard time seeing how anything but sin defiles us. Its about works of the flesh verses fruit of the Spirit i think. Eating and exercising isnt listed anywhere as a work of flesh or a fruit of the Spirit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Starise said:

It's interesting that some see  a few of these as what they consider to be lesser sins compared to others. People sometimes justify themselves based on this assumption.

For instance a person may say to themselves, I have had bad thoughts, I have had greed, I have occasionally lied yet I didn't murder anyone so I'm not as bad as the person who murdered or committed adultery, yet all of these actions are lumped together in these verses. Some people won't admit a sin when they are doing it, for instance we might say, " I didn't really insult anyone I just forcefully disagreed with them" when in reality they DID insult someone.

If one person is correct and another person is wrong in what spirit should we present our case? ( I am addressing this to everyone here). Should we gang up on them and take sides with those who agree with us? Or should we try to bring them around with love and reason? Should we belittle them because we think they are ignorant or to show everyone else we know the answer. Do we approach them in secret to discuss it? Do we let it go and pray that we will all know the truth? In a public forum this seldom happens. Lines are drawn. Sides are taken.Attacks are inevitable. It's almost as if people want a fight. Really? What do numbers matter if a person is not convinced?

I try to remember I was in the place that person is in now or maybe I'll be there in the future. I think we have ALL sinned against our temples at one time or another. This is not to say it's ok to do so.I think the scripture is given for individual self reflection and not as a club to hammer someone else in this case for who among us is innocent in all of these?

I sinned for years and wonder why im still here. I never justified it however but struggled a lot. After i posted that post about God destroying people i hoped someone would say something about Grace.  Im kinda confused here, why am i not destroyed? I have no wisdom on this except dont justify yourself. Admit your faults to God. Maybe someone else has more to say on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

I sinned for years and wonder why im still here. I never justified it however but struggled a lot. After i posted that post about God destroying people  Im kinda confused here, why am i not destroyed?.  Im kinda confused here, why am i not destroyed? I have no wisdom on this except dont justify yourself. Admit your faults to God. Maybe someone else has more to say on this.

"Im kinda confused here, why am i not destroyed?

i hoped someone would say something about Grace"

I think we all would have been destroyed Whyme, but for God's grace.

God is merciful....

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Sower said:

"Im kinda confused here, why am i not destroyed?

i hoped someone would say something about Grace"

I think we all would have been destroyed Whyme, but for God's grace.

God is merciful....

Lamentations 3:22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/16/2021 at 11:30 AM, Whyme said:

What defiles God's Temple? And anything else relevant to the Temple of the Spirit.

Anything that is not Holy

The temple has always been a place where God dwells, first it was a tent in the wilderness, then a building in Jerusalem and now it is our hearts

3 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Anything that is not Holy

The temple has always been a place where God dwells, first it was a tent in the wilderness, then a building in Jerusalem and now it is our hearts

I see holiness as not sowing to the works of flesh but doing the things of the Spirit instead. Its also about not being unequally yoked with unbelievers. As the scriptures say, we are each priests, having access to God who dwells within us. He is our friend. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

“You are not the same as those who don’t believe. So don’t join yourselves to them. Good and evil don’t belong together. Light and darkness cannot share the same room. How can there be any unity between Christ and the devil? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
“So come away from those people and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch anything that is not clean, and I will accept you.” Isaiah 52:11 “I will be your father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord All-Powerful.” 2 Samuel 7:14; 7:8”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭6:14-15, 17-18‬ ‭

Unequally yoked means not to join ourselves to them. We can still be nice and respectful to them but yes we do not join ourselves to them in close relationships. 

“Don’t be fooled: “Bad friends will ruin good habits.””
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:33‬ ‭

“Be friends with those who are wise, and you will become wise. Choose fools to be your friends, and you will have trouble.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13:20‬ ‭