seeking the lost

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

The texts that teach us that there is going to be a rapture indicate that the dead in Christ must rise first.  Without controversy the dead in Christ must rise before the rapture. 1 Corinthians 15: 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 

1 Thessalonians 4:16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Jesus has told us when those who believe in Him will be raised.  John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.  The last day is the day after which there are no other days and thus last.  

There is a sever warning about adding to the revelation.  Revelation 22:18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. It is a violation of this warning to add a resurrection or rapture or multiple resurrections and raptures.

There are only two resurrections listed in the words of this book.  The context of these resurrections are recorded in Revelation 20: 4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.  The first resurrection is of those who have lost their lives as martyrs This does not include all those who have believed in Jesus.  By not mentioning them they are excluded from this resurrection.  The second resurrection is inclusive of everyone else, rest of the dead.  This resurrection is at the end of the thousand years.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The first resurrection will happen in four stages. 

After the second stage, the Church will be raptured.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

1st resurrection be4 the rapture n the great tribulation.

2nd resurrection is after the great tribulation for the martyrs under the Altar.

3rd resurrection is after the 1000 years of Christ Millennium for final judgment of all deceased mankind