IGNORED

Conversation with those who believe Christ has NOT returned (2nd Advent) and will NOT be coming pre trib (rapture)

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

So if the GT starts at the midpoint then those days are shortened by the coming of the Lord, what happens to the 2W's? Is their 42 months cut short by the coming of the Lord?

No. So the 2W's have to show up some time before the midpoint.

Satan’s time and the two witnesses’ time are the same - 3.5 years shortened to 5 months. ….but the two witnesses have a little more time (10 days longer) because 1,260 days are a little longer than satan's 42 months (solar versus lunar).  So that means that the two witnesses will arrive 10 days prior to satan and they will be instructing us.  So we get a head start.  

Here’s something I learned recently. 12E9E77C-64CB-4B35-A0D4-D737D7BB01A8.gif.91cf2ddb35eb207f69faac9a663a62ec.gif   All prophecy as to length of time concerning Satan and the children of the night is given in lunar terminology. 

All prophecy as to length of time concerning God's children, the children of light, is given in solar terminology.

So here we see that the treading under foot of the holy city, Jerusalem, is 42 months—moons.

But in the next verse we see that God's two witnesses prophesy 1,260 days—solar.

Now then, one might think that the time periods are exactly the same because 1260 / 30 = 42; but actually, they are not.  A lunar month is 29.53 days and falls short of a solar month which is 30 days.

So then, the two witnesses actually have a little more time.

Reminder:  The trib time has been shortened to the time of the locusts (locusts are men, not bugs :)) —5 months, from May to September. 

(Rev. 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

Right now Satan has the world blinded. Those blinders are coming off one day. Else how would people who didn't previously acknowledge God's existence know the signs of the 6th seal are the omen of wrath?

Hi Diaste, 

Yes, I agree.  Those blinders are coming off one day.  What exactly do you believe the Lords Day/Millennium is for?  Why do you think Satan is bound and we are reigning with Christ for 1ooo years?    Ever wonder why SO many priests would reign for 1000 years?  

We are in the latter days.  THE WORD of God is being shut down.  FAMINE in the end times is FOR THE WORD OF GOD.  It actually gives GOD an excuse to HAVE a millennium in which THOSE who didn't get it, didn't understand, didn't study BUT REALLY WOULD LOVE GOD and could and maybe did love God to GET A REAL chance just like you and I.  GOD is Just.  It always comes down to that.  For the 'whomsoever' woulds that Satan thought he would get.  

AND THEN WHAT HAPPENS?  Satan is loosed and HOW MANY STILL FOLLOW AFTER HIM?  

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

If time is cut short, all time is cut short.  We don't get to pick and choose.  It is their death, I think, that is the VERY LAST STRAW.  You don't get to kill Gods last 2 Prophets and go on for a while doing your thing.  

I'll have to  come back for the rest in a little bit.  Chores are a calling,  starting with the 5 hummingbirds sitting on their wire staring me down....D

BUT, 

READ THIS AGAIN.   This is what the Millennium will look like. This is how we will be living.   This isn't fantasy  or a spiritual realm in which we don't exist, this is the LAST 1000 years on the earth.  We may not be in the flesh bodies, and there may be no blood anymore but the TEACHINGS will be the same.  First the schoolmaster...God the same always....Nothing new under the sun...

Ezekiel 38:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Ezekiel 38:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Ezekiel 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

Ezekiel 38:11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Ezekiel 38:12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Ezekiel 38:14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

Ezekiel 38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Ezekiel 38:17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

Ezekiel 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.

Ezekiel 38:19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of iSRAEL.  

AND CONTINUE on to the end.  There is a lot that is told us.  This is the Sanctuary that will be built.  This is the place we will be gathered to, IF you are of Abrahams seed.  Notice there is no 'church' listed anywhere.   Neither in or around the temple.  What we see are the Houses of Israel and the Houses of Judah round about.  Just like it was.  

BUT HOW CAN THAT BE???  

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,637
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

Yes, I agree.  Those blinders are coming off one day.  What exactly do you believe the Lords Day/Millennium is for?  Why do you think Satan is bound and we are reigning with Christ for 1ooo years?    Ever wonder why SO many priests would reign for 1000 years?  

Well, I think for one the Lord's day begins at His appearance and it lasts 1000 years plus the time it takes to defeat the beast and his armies. So the Day of the Lord is an event and a time period. The event begins the Day[time period] and the Lord arrives on a day. 

What do I think it's for? Just off the top of my head...a few things:

Show the Supremacy of the Lord over the earth and people.

Put down sin.

Defeat the enemy.

Rid the earth of rebellion.

Reward His servants and the prophets.

Fulfill many prophecies.

Return creation to the Father.

I think so many priests reign with Him is because there is a government and an administration under Christ and it will take very many to rule and judge as the earth gets repopulated. Remember, not everyone dies, but they all become believers, even the atheists. I guess they will get their long awaited proof they cry about incessantly. :)

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

If time is cut short, all time is cut short.  We don't get to pick and choose.  It is their death, I think, that is the VERY LAST STRAW.  You don't get to kill Gods last 2 Prophets and go on for a while doing your thing.  

I didn't say time was cut short. Scripture says the 'those days' will be cut short. So the GT could continue to the end of the week but the days of distress for the believers in Jesus are stopped. 

When the two witnesses are killed people party for three days. That would be going on doing your thing. ;)

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

READ THIS AGAIN.   This is what the Millennium will look like. This is how we will be living.   This isn't fantasy  or a spiritual realm in which we don't exist, this is the LAST 1000 years on the earth.  We may not be in the flesh bodies, and there may be no blood anymore but the TEACHINGS will be the same.  First the schoolmaster...God the same always....Nothing new under the sun...

Ezekiel 38:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Ezekiel 38:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Ezekiel 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

Ezekiel 38:11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Ezekiel 38:12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Ezekiel 38:14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

Ezekiel 38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Ezekiel 38:17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

Ezekiel 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.

Ezekiel 38:19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of iSRAEL.  

AND CONTINUE on to the end.  There is a lot that is told us.  This is the Sanctuary that will be built.  This is the place we will be gathered to, IF you are of Abrahams seed.  Notice there is no 'church' listed anywhere.   Neither in or around the temple.  What we see are the Houses of Israel and the Houses of Judah round about.  Just like it was.  

BUT HOW CAN THAT BE???  

Ezekiel 38-39 is not in the millennium. This is the final battle before the millennium. 

You will advance against My people Israel like a cloud covering the land. It will happen in the latter days, O Gog, that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I show Myself holy in you before their eyes.

17This is what the Lord GOD says: Are you the one of whom I have spoken in former days through My servants, the prophets of Israel, who in those times prophesied for years that I would bring you against them? 18Now on that day when Gog comes against the land of Israel, declares the Lord GOD, My wrath will flare up.

19In My zeal and fiery rage I proclaim that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground, and all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground.

21And I will summon a sword against Gog on all My mountains, declares the Lord GOD, and every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed. I will pour out torrents of rain, hailstones, fire, and sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23I will magnify and sanctify Myself, and will reveal Myself in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.

That's not the same as....

When the thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his prison, 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to assemble them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the seashore.

9And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heavena and consumed them.

Two different Gog and Magog wars.

This:

"I will pour out torrents of rain, hailstones, fire, and sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him."

from Ezekiel 38 is similar to;

8Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given power to scorch the people with fire. 9And the people were scorched by intense heat, and they cursed the name of God, who had authority over these plagues; yet they did not repent and give Him glory. - Rev 16

21And great hailstones weighing almost a hundred pounds each rained down on them from above. And men cursed God for the plague of hail, because it was so horrendous. - Rev 16

And these two verses

" there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. - Ezekiel 38

all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground." - Ezekiel 38 

are very similar to,

"And there were flashes of lightning, and rumblings, and peals of thunder, and a great earthquake the likes of which had not occurred since men were upon the earth—so mighty was the great quake. 19The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed." - Rev 16

I used to think it was one war but it's not. Beyond the similarities and non-similar items after the millennium Satan is loosed to deceive again, after the millennium. In Ezekiel 38 the Lord is specific that it's in the latter years, which is a term used for the end of the age, not the millennium.

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

I don't think it's going to be like that. Everything we read is going to manifest in the real physical world. There is real and important spiritual consequences and deep spiritual meaning in all of it, but it will all happen physically. 

Yes, as real as you and I are right this moment.  When I say 'spiritual' war I mean a war of the MIND AND SOUL our FAITH in God.  Knowledge.  

NOT WAR as we imagine it today.  Get on the battle field send out the bombs.  Yes, the earth is the battlefield 

The WAR is about being FAITHFUL OR NOT.  IT is a testing.  DO you SAY you love God and put Him number one or are you JUST SAYING THAT?  

THIS WAR/TEST/TRIBULATION comes upon the entire (great) world at once.  It is the end of the age of ages. God has been very clear in what is required.  AND now He will know for sure when you are either marked or not.  THAT is what it all comes down to.  DO you really love Him or was it just a convenient thing to say at the time.  Those who really love Him and have followed the instructions AREN'T going to have any problems.  They know they win.  No matter what.  They dressed up for the war in battle gear.  The didn't take a knife to a gun fight.  In other words they didn't put on a dress to go to war as SO many think they can do.  

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

So the chance of repentance is still there for everyone even as the day of the Lord is upon the earth

Yes, the 144,000 are SAVED through the delivering up of the elect and the Holy Spirit speaking.  That is taking place all the way to the end.  Got those two witnesses too.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...something like that.  

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

Well, I think for one the Lord's day begins at His appearance and it lasts 1000 years plus the time it takes to defeat the beast and his armies. So the Day of the Lord is an event and a time period. The event begins the Day[time period] and the Lord arrives on a day. 

What do I think it's for? Just off the top of my head...a few things:

Show the Supremacy of the Lord over the earth and people.

Put down sin.

Defeat the enemy.

Rid the earth of rebellion.

Reward His servants and the prophets.

Fulfill many prophecies.

Return creation to the Father.

I think so many priests reign with Him is because there is a government and an administration under Christ and it will take very many to rule and judge as the earth gets repopulated. Remember, not everyone dies, but they all become believers, even the atheists. I guess they will get their long awaited proof they cry about incessantly. :)

Hi Diaste,  

God certainly knows how to keep us engaged with the WORD.  And for that I say THANK YOU LORD, it's never boring....Does Gods Plan flow like a story through your mind?  Do you see it unfolding and taking place?  God knows He has given us the details from EVERY angle needed to know exactly what to expect.  AND IF ones mind can't do that then AT LEAST when the events do happen or are happening the wisdom and knowledge He has given through the word lets you know THAT TRUMP has sounded.  

' plus the time it takes to defeat the beast and his armies.' 

Satan is DESTROYED by the BRIGHTNESS of His coming.  There goes that second of time.  And if Satan is destroyed,  what chance do you think a 'follower' would stand?  NONE.  

And we can't forget EVER, we are going THROUGH a "dimension" (for lack of a better word) CHANGE.  We think back on how Jesus walked THROUGH the door.  Many things around us may remain the same BUT WE WILL BE DIFFERENT.  

Flesh and blood can not EXIST in the 'heavenly' realm.  The heavenly realm is coming.  Jesus and all the angels are coming to set up the eternal Kingdom.  What does God tell us about our BODY?  There is a heavenly and there is an earthly.  Our 'earthly' in sinful flesh is done away with.  For the LORDS DAY, there will be NO AGEING, NO BIRTH, NO SICKNESS, NO MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES, NO DEATH, NO CORRUPTION OF THE FLESH.  

1Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Corinthians 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

This isn't JUST speaking of Christians.  This isn't speaking to any 'good vs evil'.  This is speaking to the general condition of men in the flesh on the earth

1Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

1Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Matthew 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven

No marriage, no kids being born, but AS THE ANGELS of God in heaven.  HEAVEN is coming here to earth.  Christ ISN'T returning in the FLESH AND BLOOD body.  He is returning in His spiritual body and when He does WE SHALL ALL BE LIKE HIM.  

Psalm 17:7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

Psalm 17:9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

Psalm 17:10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

Psalm 17:11 They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;

Psalm 17:12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.

Psalm 17:13 Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

Psalm 17:14 From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.

Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

OR 

John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see Him as He is.

John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

You know we will be judging ANGELS, not men because there will men no more 'hue mans'  We will be as the angels aka the angels.  

Didn't you ever wonder why there is no fear in the death of the flesh BUT WE are told to FEAR the death BODY and soul in the lake of fire?  I have.  

To the bowls.   
Please do a little experiment to see if better 'timing' perspective could be found in this verse

Rev 16:1  And I heard loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, GO and pour out the 7 bowls of the wrath of God into the earth

go to the kitchen, take out a shallow, wide mouthed bowl, and pour it out.   

How long did that take?  And were they called up one at a time? ALL AT ONCE ALL TOGETHER.  

YOU have to admit, THAT was fast.  

5357  phiale
a shallow bowl
a shallow and flat bowl
a broad, shallow bowl
a deep saucer

2 Kings 1:3 But the angel of the LORD said to Elijah the Tishbite, Arise, go up to meet the messengers of the king of Samaria, and say unto them, Is it not because there is not a God in Israel, that ye go to enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron?

2 Kings 1:4 Now therefore thus saith the LORD, Thou shalt not come down from that bed on which thou art gone up, but shalt surely die. And Elijah departed.

2 Kings 1:5 And when the messengers turned back unto him, he said unto them, Why are ye now turned back?

2 Kings 1:6 And they said unto him, There came a man up to meet us, and said unto us, Go, turn again unto the king that sent you, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Is it not because there is not a God in Israel, that thou sendest to enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron? therefore thou shalt not come down from that bed on which thou art gone up, but shalt surely die.

2 Kings 1:7 And he said unto them, What manner of man was he which came up to meet you, and told you these words?

2 Kings 1:8 And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.

2 Kings 1:9 Then the king sent unto him a captain of fifty with his fifty. And he went up to him: and, behold, he sat on the top of an hill. And he spake unto him, Thou man of God, the king hath said, Come down.

2 Kings 1:11 Again also he sent unto him another captain of fifty with his fifty. And he answered and said unto him, O man of God, thus hath the king said, Come down quickly.

2 Kings 1:12 And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

2 Kings 1:13 And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray thee, let my life, and the life of these fifty thy servants, be precious in thy sight.

2 Kings 1:14 Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties: therefore let my life now be precious in thy sight.

2 Kings 1:15 And the angel of the LORD said unto Elijah, Go down with him: be not afraid of him. And he arose, and went down with him unto the king.

2 Kings 1:16 And he said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast sent messengers to enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron, is it not because there is no God in Israel to enquire of his word? therefore thou shalt not come down off that bed on which thou art gone up, but shalt surely die.

2 Kings 1:17 So he died according to the word of the LORD which Elijah had spoken. And Jehoram reigned in his stead in the second year of Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah; because he had no son.

2 Kings 1:18 Now the rest of the acts of Ahaziah which he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?

And you have to admit, that was fast too!!  WE have to quit thinking in terms we NOW know and experience and start thinking as "it is written".  

The Day of the Lord is 1000 yrs.  It is a big huge long event.  It is for serving the Lord and the people.  IT is for TEACHING the WORD OF GOD.  It is to learn obedience.  It is to make sure on Judgment day we walk away with REWARDS, not
 crispy critters.  

What are your thoughts on the last chapters of Ezekiel?  

Edited by DeighAnn
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Ezekiel 38-39 is not in the millennium. This is the final battle before the millennium. 

You will advance against My people Israel like a cloud covering the land. It will happen in the latter days, O Gog, that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I show Myself holy in you before their eyes.

17This is what the Lord GOD says: Are you the one of whom I have spoken in former days through My servants, the prophets of Israel, who in those times prophesied for years that I would bring you against them? 18Now on that day when Gog comes against the land of Israel, declares the Lord GOD, My wrath will flare up.

19In My zeal and fiery rage I proclaim that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground, and all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground.

21And I will summon a sword against Gog on all My mountains, declares the Lord GOD, and every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed. I will pour out torrents of rain, hailstones, fire, and sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23I will magnify and sanctify Myself, and will reveal Myself in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.

That's not the same as....

When the thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his prison, 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to assemble them for battle. Their number is like the sand of the seashore.

9And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heavena and consumed them.

Two different Gog and Magog wars.

This:

"I will pour out torrents of rain, hailstones, fire, and sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him."

from Ezekiel 38 is similar to;

8Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given power to scorch the people with fire. 9And the people were scorched by intense heat, and they cursed the name of God, who had authority over these plagues; yet they did not repent and give Him glory. - Rev 16

21And great hailstones weighing almost a hundred pounds each rained down on them from above. And men cursed God for the plague of hail, because it was so horrendous. - Rev 16

And these two verses

" there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. - Ezekiel 38

all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground." - Ezekiel 38 

are very similar to,

"And there were flashes of lightning, and rumblings, and peals of thunder, and a great earthquake the likes of which had not occurred since men were upon the earth—so mighty was the great quake. 19The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed." - Rev 16

I used to think it was one war but it's not. Beyond the similarities and non-similar items after the millennium Satan is loosed to deceive again, after the millennium. In Ezekiel 38 the Lord is specific that it's in the latter years, which is a term used for the end of the age, not the millennium.

Hi Diaste, 

Did you get to Chapter 40 by any chance?  I like to add those in just to kinda 'preface' what follows make sure we are agreeing on the 'timing'.    Being a little over cautious I guess.  Sorry, I wasn't more specific. 

And yes, I do believe this is before Satan is loosed again. And I believe there is a war before and another after.   D

Is there anyone who can tell me WHO  is at war with whom, and why, when the whole world is worshipping the same person and the 10 kingdoms running the goings on of it all are loyal to him also?  

I could understand all these wars taking place AS the beast is coming into its own (beginning of sorrows would be an apt  description also) but once the deadly wound it healed and the image set up it makes no sense to me.  

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  

Edited by DeighAnn
to to also

5 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Is there anyone who can tell me WHO  is at war with whom, and why, when the whole world is worshipping the same person and the 10 kingdoms running the goings on of it all are loyal to him also?  

I could understand all these wars taking place AS the beast is coming into its own (beginning of sorrows would be an apt  description also) but once the deadly wound it healed and the image set up it makes no sense to me.  

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  

You know how people are. Countries are worse. We have long range everything. Nukes can be launched. The US Military probably has years of MREs stored. Or what ever those survival meals are these days. Same with other countries. 

I'm betting war will occur as that's what we do it seems.

Scripture says:

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

It's possible and probable some world leaders will immediately see the problem with the beast, and having heard the prophecies of the end of the age will resist the beast. 

Believers in Jesus Christ the Lord of lords are everywhere, in every country and every level of life and government. Wars are inevitable.