Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I was raised on the KJV, I love that version, and I also plan on getting a NKJV soon. Thanks T&O, you helped clear up some questions I had.

:)

Guest Working4Christ

Hello everyone, I am new to the boards, and have been reading this thread from the start. This is a wonderful topic for debate. I love the NKJ, IMHO it is the best translation of the Holy Scriptures yet. But I am also a Baptist, or I guess that is the closest to a denomination as I could be described, since I go to a Baptist church.

Our church is a KJV Only church, and the Pastor is an extreme advocate of the KJV. Once in sermon, in reference to Revelation, he said that anyone that changes the bible (adding to or taking away) from the KJV, was going to be punished by God! Whoa! LoL!

I've talked to him on one occasion, but we didn't really get anywhere.

Why is it that some of the KJV Only Advocates can't see past their own narrow view to see that we have much better resources, as well as perhaps even better trained scholars to translate the Hebrew and Greek? Many of the things that have been claimed to have been "taken out" of the bible in the NKJ, and other modern english versions, simply aren't there in the best manuscript evidence we have available now, so rather than them being taken out, it's rather that the KJV added them in. Besides, with the references, you don't miss a thing.

I love the KJV, but I love the NKJ more. I think the best Bible translation is the one you can understand, and are willing to read. My 11 yr old nephew is starting to come to church and ask about God. He has a KJV Bible, but can't read it for the life of him! This weekend I am going to buy him the NIV Adventure Bible.

Thanks for the good read everyone!

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Do some research on the comparisons between the KJV and the NIV.

I did and it's amazing what is different.

Examples.

For example, Christ's statement of purpose in Luke 9:56: "For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them" is completely omitted in the NIV. The same sort of statement is left out in the NIV version of Matt. 18:11.

In other places, the NIV seems to be chipping away at the doctrine of the deity of Christ. In Rev. 1:13 John saw, in the midst of the candlesticks, "Someone like a son of man" (NIV) instead of "One like unto the Son of man" (KJV). The "judgement seat of Christ" in Rom. 14:10 (KJV) becomes "God's judgement seat" (NIV). In Acts 3:13, God's "Son Jesus" becomes "servant Jesus." In his book, If The Foundations Be Destroyed, Salliby lists nearly 150 verses which have been altered or simply left out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Do some research on the comparisons between the KJV and the NIV.

I did and it's amazing what is different.

Examples.

For example, Christ's statement of purpose in Luke 9:56: "For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them" is completely omitted in the NIV. The same sort of statement is left out in the NIV version of Matt. 18:11.

In other places, the NIV seems to be chipping away at the doctrine of the deity of Christ. In Rev. 1:13 John saw, in the midst of the candlesticks, "Someone like a son of man" (NIV) instead of "One like unto the Son of man" (KJV). The "judgement seat of Christ" in Rom. 14:10 (KJV) becomes "God's judgement seat" (NIV). In Acts 3:13, God's "Son Jesus" becomes "servant Jesus." In his book, If The Foundations Be Destroyed, Salliby lists nearly 150 verses which have been altered or simply left out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the moment I cannot comment on any of those except for the "Son Jesus" and "servant Jesus" verse.

The Greek word is indeed speaking of a boy or girl... but, int the form of a servant. So, it is not a mistranslation.

The others I have not looked at.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Why is it that some of the KJV Only Advocates can't see past their own narrow view to see that we have much better resources, as well as perhaps even better trained scholars to translate the Hebrew and Greek?

But the King James Bible is the inerrant word of God. :thumbsup:

Ecc 8:4 KJV

(4) Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

The name James, as in "King James", is the English name for Jacob (Israel).

Pro 22:28 KJV

(28) Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.

The Authorized Version has no copywrite. It has a crown copy-write. That means that anyone with a printing press can print and sell the KJB. The words of the living God cannot be copywrited. The KJB has the of martyrs behind it. The NKJB was put together by a private commity.

Psa 12:6 KJV

(6) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The Authorized Version is the seventh of the English Bibles. The Texus Receptus Greek, or majority text, is the ninety-fire percent texts that we have today. (The NKJB is not pure Texus Receptus; Therefore, NKJB is a misnomer).

1. Wycliffe - 1384

2. Tyndale - 1636

3. Coverdale - 1537

4. Great Bible - 1539

5. Mathew Bible - 1555

6. Geneva Bible - 1560

7. King James Bible - 1611

Joh 15:3 KJV

(3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Heb 7:26 KJV

(26) For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

The King James Bible uses nonstandard but understandable words. These words are "separeate from sinners". The NKJB actually uses harder to understand words and a wordly language.

(Click here for comparison)

"But I can't understand the thee and thou!"

In almost every language but Modern English, people knew whether the speaker was addressing one person or many. In Classical English, this is preserved. If the speaker is talking to one person, he uses "thee" or "thou". If he is talking to many people, he says "you" or "your."

The King James preserves this distinction.When Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, He said, "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again" (John 3:7). What He said in effect was, "Marvel not that I said unto thee(Nicodemus), ye (all of you people) must be born again." Jesus did not tell this only to Nicodemus.He spoke to all people of all times, from those who stood around that night, even to us today:Ye must be born again!

Edited by Aim_64bIT

Guest Working4Christ

Again, I strongly feel that the language is outdated. The Greek languaged evolved did it not? So why should people speaking 21st century english seeking God be forced into reading 17th century english to find him?

I will be the first to say that there are hundreds of perverted english translations, such as the Message, Living Bible, and TNIV.

But, the same truth and salvation that is Jesus can be found in a KJV, NKJ, NIV, NASB, etc...

I invite the KJV Advocates to investigate the following with an open mind and seeking heart:

http://www.bible.ca/b-kjv-only.htm

God bless!!

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Why is it that some of the KJV Only Advocates can't see past their own narrow view to see that we have much better resources, as well as perhaps even better trained scholars to translate the Hebrew and Greek?

But the King James Bible is the inerrant word of God. :noidea:

Ecc 8:4 KJV

(4) Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

The name James, as in "King James", is the English name for Jacob (Israel).

Pro 22:28 KJV

(28) Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.

The Authorized Version has no copywrite. It has a crown copy-write. That means that anyone with a printing press can print and sell the KJB. The words of the living God cannot be copywrited. The KJB has the of martyrs behind it. The NKJB was put together by a private commity.

Psa 12:6 KJV

(6) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The Authorized Version is the seventh of the English Bibles. The Texus Receptus Greek, or majority text, is the ninety-fire percent texts that we have today. (The NKJB is not pure Texus Receptus; Therefore, NKJB is a misnomer).

1. Wycliffe - 1384

2. Tyndale - 1636

3. Coverdale - 1537

4. Great Bible - 1539

5. Mathew Bible - 1555

6. Geneva Bible - 1560

7. King James Bible - 1611

Joh 15:3 KJV

(3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Heb 7:26 KJV

(26) For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

The King James Bible uses nonstandard but understandable words. These words are "separeate from sinners". The NKJB actually uses harder to understand words and a wordly language.

(Click here for comparison)

"But I can't understand the thee and thou!"

In almost every language but Modern English, people knew whether the speaker was addressing one person or many. In Classical English, this is preserved. If the speaker is talking to one person, he uses "thee" or "thou". If he is talking to many people, he says "you" or "your."

The King James preserves this distinction.When Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, He said, "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again" (John 3:7). What He said in effect was, "Marvel not that I said unto thee(Nicodemus), ye (all of you people) must be born again." Jesus did not tell this only to Nicodemus.He spoke to all people of all times, from those who stood around that night, even to us today:Ye must be born again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A BIG HUGE AMEN!!! If people are so keen on having a modern-day translation of the KJV...how about this??? Try translating the KJV again instead of doing a switcharoo with the manuscripts. If the "english" was the only problem...why the double-duty???

KJV-Only advocates are not saying "don't re-translate the KJV for modern-day english"...we ARE SAYING "don't switch, don't touch, don't even think about changing our MANUSCRIPTS."

But the powers that be will never do that. Why??? Because they know that the english is just fine. Their "old english" propaganda has served its purpose and worked exactly as they wanted. Now Satan has people reading the doubting thomas bibles...NIV, NASB, etc.

God bless you all.

Now Satan has people reading the doubting thomas bibles...NIV, NASB, etc.

And who can doubt that Wicked is behind it -with over TWO HUNDRED english translations? I would ye not be ignorant, friends.

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

(2Co 2:11 KJV)

Why wouldn't that Wicked do the same thing with the language of Christians: the Holy Bible?

Gen 11:5-7 KJV

(5) And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

(6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

(7) Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

(Psa 11:3 KJV)

But, the same truth and salvation that is Jesus can be found in a KJV, NKJ, NIV, NASB, etc...

I invite the KJV Advocates to investigate the following with an open mind and seeking heart:

I HATE blatantly sacrilegious translations so bad that I could almost eat nails.

Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I every false way.

(Psa 119:104 KJV)

They are what men say what God said, not what God said. I have personally witnessed to ~half a dozen witches that claimed they were Christian but,

Isn't this the heretical website says we have to be water baptised to be saved?

Hmm. The word of God tells us that we are begotten through the word: born again by the word: not redeemed by things corruptible.

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

(Jam 1:18 KJV)

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

(1Pe 1:23 KJV)

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

(1Pe 1:18 KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from unto life.

(Joh 5:24 KJV)

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were , yet shall he live:

(Joh 11:25 KJV)