• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1964

Wow, this is an old thread...glad you started it!

I've been an avid student of eschatology for over 20 years now, and I once believed in the pre trib rapture of the church but not anymore. I found that when I prayerfully looked into the "plain reading" of scripture post trib made more sense. Now, I'm not going to give scripture verses here because many of you have already done this. But I will say this...if you're looking, really looking with a prayerful and open heart you will see the truth of the post trib too.

• Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Hello brothers and sisters,

Since the forums got a little jumbled, I decided to go ahead and start a few new threads. This thread is the defense of the post-trib rapture theological position.

Why do you believe in a post trib rapture?

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

This is not a big issue with me, as it does not make any difference one way or another. I could die tomorrow or to day and then I am up with God.

My belief that the people we will go through the bad times, is because what Jesus has told me. He said a time was coming soon when man would suffer more than he has ever suffered. I was to give a word and leave. Out of that Word a community would grow. He wanted a place of safety for his people.

Now the does not tell us that he was talking about the end time with me. So it does leave the door open to those who want to believe they will be lifted up before the tribulation.

I will say that other visions and words, have led me to believe I will be alive and live through some of the tribulations. But I am just waiting and watching. I personally don

• 10 months later...
Guest LivingH2O

Greetings Sibs-in-Christ!

I came across this AWEsome website the day after my Pastor challenged me to look into Eschatology. I'd never even heard the word before (really...it sounded kinda girlish and vaguely dangerous), yet God led me straight here!

What a valuable tool. I just wanted to Thank You all for your thought-provoking and knowledgeable input. I know I'll spend many entertaining and useful hours here. Be Blessed, LivingH2O

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The Lord returns at the last trumpet... How can any trumpets sound after the last trumpet is blown? The pre-trib math doesn't add up...

Blessings... Sicklestein

Guest hvnschoir

The bible never speaks of a "secret" rapture. I havent been able to find any scripture to really back this up. We are told that He will come like a thief in the night. But we are not of darkness so therefore He wont come to us like a thief. We are also told specifically that certain things must happen first, one of which is the abomination of desolation. It tells us we will see this happen. There are so many scriptures that I think show us a post trib rapture but I would like toshare on just one that I began to study more in depth just a week or so ago and it just popped my eyes wide open and has been sending me on a bigger study.

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Im just learning how to use strongs dictionary and learning to compare different translations. I found it really fascinating to find out that when i looked up the word "strait" in the strongs( G4728 ) i found out that word actually means narrow. "Gate" in the Strongs (G4439) still means gate. And this is the one that blew me away.... "narrow" in the Strongs (G2346 ) actually means to crowd, afflict, narrow, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble.

Ok so knowing what these words actually mean in the strongs Hebrew and Greek dictionarys we can read this verse this way....

Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate, and tribulation is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I thank God for opening my eyes and showing me how to continue studing His Word. I kept saying im not sure how to study the bible but more and more im learning and its exciting! :)

• 11 months later...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39

The after-trib rapture is a done deal. Scripture is very clear that the resurrection/rapture is AFTER the Tribulation . . .

Matthew 24:29-31 KJV - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:24-27 KJV - But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, (25) And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. (26) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. (27) And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Edited by five

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LoyalGypsy

The bible never speaks of a "secret" rapture. I haven’t been able to find any scripture to really back this up.

Greetings

The Bible doesn’t speak of a secret rapture, the word comes through Jesus example(s) on the cross and therefore it has to be revealed by an OT witness to the word of God.

It’s not given in the same manner as in the OT; in the OT things were written down for our examples, therefore the same holds true by the word of God; that in the NT revelation comes by hearing (not written down) though the examples

I haven’t been able to find any scripture to really back this up.

Its comes as Paul said, by the word of the Lord

= the Lord revealed it

Isa 65:24 and it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer;

and

While they are yet speaking, I will hear.

This principal expressed here by Isaiah is the key

What was revealed to Isaiah and written down was given to example by Jesus when He was on the cross

Look at the example when Jesus was forsaken; now look at what Isaiah wrote

Did the Father “answer” Jesus on the cross "before" He called?

Then if not,

Then by the word of God suggests; that there is going to be a cry or a shout and this shout is answered beforehand and the Church is not forsaken

Isaiah’s projection is beyond the cross,

That’s why is was written like this, Isa 65:24 and it shall come to pass

The second part of Isa 65:24 has to do with the AC;

The AC is met by the voice of the arch angel and this where the rapture of the Church takes place, = when the AC begins to speak and God hears it

The Church is raptured while the AC is still speaking, the voice of the arch angel it’s called; the announcement

LG

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Loyal Gypsy! Hi!

I remember you from Christianity.com...nice to see you here....hope you stick around...this forum is more laid back

and less refereeing from the mods

Always nice to meet someone from there whose posts I enjoyed.... :)

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. KJV

We see where the second (,) is in this text. Put the (,) after "day" and the text would seemingly have a different meaning.

Thats just an observation.

But here's an interesting scripture:

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Is Jesus contradicting Himself in these two texts?