George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

yes, but the statement was that ALL JEWS believed in the resurrection.  The Sadducees WERE Jewish and they didn't fit into this category.  That was the whole point.  The Pharisees were the religious leaders that the jews were to Obey them, but NOT DO as THEY DID.  They were hypocrits, YET the Jews were to OBEY the teachings (as the teachings came from God).

You must be referring to someone else then, because I never said that all Jews believed in the resurrection.

no, you said it earlier, but it really doesn't matter... peace! :il:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

yes, but the statement was that ALL JEWS believed in the resurrection.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Quote. One Way. july 26 2004.

The GT period is a time of God's wrath on a Christ rejecting world and the Antichrist.

The time of the great tribulation is before God pours out His wrath. About time you learned the difference between tribulation and God's wrath.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The GT period is a time of God's wrath on a Christ rejecting world and the Antichrist.

The time of the great tribulation is before God pours out His wrath. About time you learned the difference between tribulation and God's wrath.

By all means, please expound on the scriptures for me. :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

No thanks. It's a waste of time because you wont listen. You know it all. Or think you do.

Guest LCPGUY
No thanks. It's a waste of time because you wont listen. You know it all. Or think you do.

Awww... my dearest Bro Eric, and One Way...

Let

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Very well then. But, I never said "I know it all." As a matter of fact, I have stated repeatedly that I don't. One think I do though is make an effort to back up every statement by the word of God. You'll never see me post a "is not" response.

One thing I can say for sure... since debating on this whole trib thing over the last couple of weeks I am even now MORE convinced of the pre-trib. This because I've had to dig into the scriptures to examine the issue and, lo and behold, I'm now twice as convinced as when I started! So, iron sharpens iron, indeed.

Thanks for the chat and any contribution to it that you make...

Blessings to ya. Unlike some, I don't think the rapture issue is something we should divide over. :)

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The jews always believed in the resurrection, so did Job, but they were not taught about the rapture.

I thought Sadducees were Jews...and they didn't believe in the resurrection:

7 And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sad'ducees; and the assembly was divided. 8 For the Sad'ducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees acknowledge them all. Acts 23:7-8 (RSV)

well, the other day I quoted this, and now can't seem to find the place where it was said. If you didn't say it, then someone else did. I didn't make it up...what would be the point. Nonetheless it doesn't matter. I didn't twist anyone's words. if they weren't yours, then they were someone else's...I thought when a name was above a quote, then that is what THEY said. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

The jews always believed in the resurrection, so did Job, but they were not taught about the rapture.

I thought Sadducees were Jews...and they didn't believe in the resurrection:

7 And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sad'ducees; and the assembly was divided. 8 For the Sad'ducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees acknowledge them all. Acts 23:7-8 (RSV)

well, the other day I quoted this, and now can't seem to find the place where it was said. If you didn't say it, then someone else did. I didn't make it up...what would be the point. Nonetheless it doesn't matter. I didn't twist anyone's words. if they weren't yours, then they were someone else's...I thought when a name was above a quote, then that is what THEY said. :)

There's a big difference between the words "All" & "Always." But you're right, it doesn't really matter. I think, originally, this was probably done to change the subject. But the new insight isn't going to go away, no matter how hard someone tries to cover it up or ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

By all means, please expound on the scriptures for me. :)

I will explain:

Tribulation: suffering, affliction, persecutions, and distress.

Wrath: Violent Anger, Fury, Punishment, Judgement.

Tribulation and Wrath do not mean the same thing and its a great error to make them mean the same thing.

The bible say that believers are not subject to wrath but we are appointed to tribulation, sufferings, afflictions, persecutions and distress.

Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Makeing Tribulation mean Gods Wrath and Punishment is not only illiterate but unbibical. Jesus promised his followers that we would see tribulation, sufferings, distress and even death. But I agree that true believers will not be Punished with God's Wrath but we will have Tribulation that comes from being a follower of Christ.

If you read Mat. 24/Mar13/ Luk21 you will notice Jesus said "when you see these thing" as if we will be here to see these things. No where in Jesus discription of the End-times did Jesus mention a pre-tribulation escape but warnings dont be deceaved, you shall be delivered up, you shall be killed and persecuted and many christians deceaved.

I believe we will be here during the tribulation and the bible speaks about God shorting the Tribulation for our sake. So I believe somewhere toward the end of the tribulation God steps in and says its enough, grabs his people and Wrath and Judgement beings and comes on all who are left on earth which is the Beast and his followers.

God Bless,

• Thumbs Up 1